Author Topic: San Diego Comic Con 2023 Reveals  (Read 1160 times)

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
San Diego Comic Con 2023 Reveals
« on: July 17, 2023, 03:57 PM »
Time to start up a thread...  the latest panel details from Hasbro PR:

Hasbro Star Wars Panel:
Friday, July 21 at 2:00PM - 3:00PM PT
Room: 7AB
Join Patrick and Jing from Hasbro Marketing and Chris and Eric from Hasbro Design as they discuss the popular Hasbro Star Wars line, including the Black Series and The Vintage Collection. Attendees will get an in-depth look at Hasbro’s latest action figure and premium roleplay offerings from throughout the saga. Word on the Holonet is there may also be a few surprises.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
Re: San Diego Comic Con 2023 Reveals
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2023, 04:14 PM »
I'm surprised Patrick made it this long without accidentally revealing the HasLab item.  He's gotta a couple more days to keep it together.

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2023, 05:13 PM »
I'd love to see another Bad Batch figure or two. I'd be nice if Hunter had some other members of the squad to pose with. I also wouldn't mind seeing some more "Finish the 96" figures, some Ewoks would be nice.
"This is the way."

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2023, 05:37 PM »
To help along the discussion on possible reveals, here is Jayson's latest rumor list:

Wave ? 2023 – E7763
VC???  “Davis” – Luke Skywalker (Jedi Academy) x1
VC???  “Dover” – Grand Inquisitor
VC???  “Dubois” – Ahsoka Tano x1 – Ahsoka x1
VC???  “Downey” – HK-87 Assassin Droid – Ahsoka
VC???  “Driggs” – Morgan Elsbeth – Ahsoka
VC???  “Drummond” – Grand Admiral Thrawn

If the panel is going to be Ahsoka heavy (like the Ghost HasLab reveal for instance), then I could see them revealing the Ahsoka figures Jayson has here.  Thrawn was pipeline revealed (SWCE) but figure not shown yet.  That would leave Ahsoka, Elsbeth, and HK87 droid from Ahsoka to be revealed too.

I could also see them showing off figures for the other pipeline reveals from Celebration Europe - TVC Krennic, Pre Viszla, Revan; and the Obi-Wan/Vader Final Duel figures from OWK series that were pipeline revealed back in Feb 2023 (since they just showed off the Black Series versions recently).
« Last Edit: July 17, 2023, 05:39 PM by Jeff »

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2023, 09:42 PM »
I'm surprised Patrick made it this long without accidentally revealing the HasLab item.  He's gotta a couple more days to keep it together.

Gotta admit, I laughed at that.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2023, 07:13 AM »

Gotta admit, I laughed at that.

Give him a chance!  It's only Tuesday, and he's got a full 3 days to disappoint us!!!
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2023, 08:07 PM »
I could see them revealing the Ahsoka figures Jayson has here.  Thrawn was pipeline revealed (SWCE) but figure not shown yet.  That would leave Ahsoka, Elsbeth, and HK87 droid from Ahsoka to be revealed too.

Let the leaks begin...  Hasbro forgot to blackout the new figures shown on the cardbacks for the carded Luke/Inquisitor they have on display - oops!

« Last Edit: July 19, 2023, 08:16 PM by Jeff »

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2023, 08:28 AM »
Looking forward to today's panel - although seeing social media explode isn't necessarily a good thing.  Curating your feed can be a good thing!  Although the shot of the empty display case, along with the ensuing photoshops have been slightly amusing.  I'm also hoping that someone is going to livestream the panel.

The reveals of those figures on the cardback will be good.  I'm personally hoping that the Thrawn figure is a bit taller than Admiral Piett.  Hasbro has generally been paying attention to character height, and Thrawn, as a character, is considerably taller than your average Imperial officer.  I'm definitely happy to see Morgan Elsbeth in there.  Her appearance in "The Jedi" in season 2 of The Mandalorian was great, and that duel scene was fantastic!  Part of me is hoping that she comes with the beskar spear.

Regarding the Haslab - if it is the Ghost, how many people here are planning on backing it from the get go?
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2023, 09:55 AM »
how many people here are planning on backing it from the get go?

Good question, one I've been asking myself since it was rumored.  The thing that has me most worried is the size.  If the rumors are true and it's bigger than the BMF, then I don't know where I would display it without sacrificing another display on my big vehicle tables (SWGE/ST themed BMF, AOTC Jango Slave I, CW AT-TE set-up, etc).

I want to see the plan (hopefully they show all the tiers upfront), the cost, and the size before I decide to back it.

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2023, 11:00 AM »
I'm 95% likely to back it day 1, unless the speculation on price and what it includes has been off target.

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2023, 11:08 AM »
Yeah, I'm going to back it, and then start planning a multi-tiered big ship shelf that I've been thinking about for a few years.
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline Muftak

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Cardboard Entrepreneur
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2023, 12:43 PM »
I am out because vehicles are not really part of my collection, giant vehicles even less so.

But 8 years ago my son would have gone nuts for this and I likely would have backed it for him. Back then he used the BMF as a stand in for the Ghost when he would play Rebels.

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #12 on: July 21, 2023, 12:57 PM »
I'm also 95% sure to back the Ghost on day 1. Something would have to be very wrong with it for me to back out.
"This is the way."

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 21, 2023, 02:06 PM »
I will too... it doesn't matter if you do it on day 1 or 58 if you know you want one. 
« Last Edit: July 21, 2023, 02:06 PM by Rob »

Offline Muftak

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Cardboard Entrepreneur
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 21, 2023, 03:41 PM »
I will too... it doesn't matter if you do it on day 1 or 58 if you know you want one.

I will add this caveat about the benefits of backing early...

The Razorcrest was only supposed to have 2  tier unlocks, but it getting backed so insanely fast prompted Hasbro to add the Carbonite blocks and the Jawa Chief to the list. Those only got in there because people backed early.