Author Topic: JediDefender Fantasy Football 2004  (Read 108957 times)

Offline Holographic Elvis

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I'll punch you in the junk!
    • View Profile
Re: JediDefender Fantasy Football 2004
« Reply #405 on: November 20, 2004, 12:21 AM »
The problem is, they switched it days after they finallized the results.  I can see why they did it and I have seen that happen in the past but results should be final Tuesday morning

I think HE may be SOL because I see no way of changing the results.  I'll send an e-mail to Yahoo

I think Famine won the game, regardless of how long it takes Yahoo to get their stats on the up and up.

The fact remains that they changed it DAYS after, and not every site (Yahoo, ESPN, etc.) is even universally agreeing on this stat change from sack to rushing attempt.  Bottom line is it is total BS and I'm out if this stands.  I'll waive my whole team in protest and you guys can fight for the players. 

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: November 20, 2004, 12:23 AM »
The problem is, they switched it days after they finallized the results.  I can see why they did it and I have seen that happen in the past but results should be final Tuesday morning

I think HE may be SOL because I see no way of changing the results.  I'll send an e-mail to Yahoo

I think Famine won the game, regardless of how long it takes Yahoo to get their stats on the up and up.

The fact remains that they changed it DAYS after, and not every site (Yahoo, ESPN, etc.) is even universally agreeing on this stat change from sack to rushing attempt.  Bottom line is it is total BS and I'm out if this stands.  I'll waive my whole team in protest and you guys can fight for the players. 

I motion for HoloElvis' team roster to be frozen to keep the league's balance from being thrown into total chaos.

Commish?

And at any rate Holo, even if you were 3-7 instead of 2-8, what did you think you were going to win the last 3 games of the season and improve to 6-7 and make the playoffs?  Unlikely, at best.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2004, 12:28 AM by Dressel Rebel »
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Online Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #407 on: November 20, 2004, 12:31 AM »
Bottom line is it is total BS and I'm out if this stands.  I'll waive my whole team in protest and you guys can fight for the players. 

Speaking as the guy who plays your team in week 13, which could very well determine if I make the playoffs or not, I whole heartedly support your decision to waive all your players and vote that we allow you to finish the year with no players in your starting roster.

Stick it to the man!   :P

Jeff
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #408 on: November 20, 2004, 12:31 AM »
I agree with you HE, because there has to be a cut off for changes like this IMO.  Check below to see what I mean...that's the official scoring From CBSSportsline who also does live scoring and stats for the NFL.  All games are final Tuesday morning at 8 AM

The fact remains I cannot find a way to alter the scoring :-\
« Last Edit: November 20, 2004, 12:32 AM by Scott »

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: November 20, 2004, 12:38 AM »
I couldn't care any less whether HoloElvis is 2-8 or 3-7, he's not making the playoffs in either scenario.  All I'm saying is that he shouldn't be allowed to suddenly release all his star players into the FA pool and allow someone to concoct some kind of NFL dream team by snagging Clinton Portis and god knows who else.  I think we can all agree that his roster should be frozen.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: November 20, 2004, 01:17 AM »
I couldn't care any less whether HoloElvis is 2-8 or 3-7, he's not making the playoffs in either scenario.  All I'm saying is that he shouldn't be allowed to suddenly release all his star players into the FA pool and allow someone to concoct some kind of NFL dream team by snagging Clinton Portis and god knows who else.  I think we can all agree that his roster should be frozen.

You just don't get it.  The bottom line here is that I got the shaft because of a scoring "change" that isn't even universally recognized by all the fantasy scoring systems and it shouldn't be allowed to stand.  Don't be such an ass.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #411 on: November 20, 2004, 01:20 AM »
I don't think I agree though that Famine doesn't have a case, there was a stat change and he could argue the final game stats should count.  I agree with you more than him though in this case.  Especially since they had already posted the win for you

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: November 20, 2004, 01:36 AM »
I don't think I agree though that Famine doesn't have a case, there was a stat change and he could argue the final game stats should count.  I agree with you more than him though in this case.  Especially since they had already posted the win for you

Honestly, Famine has no case (and that's no offense to you Kevin) simply because this isn't a universal change, and you've shown proof of that.  This is almost a judgement call on Yahoo's part.  The victory had already been posted for me, and everyone saw that.  DAYS later, Yahoo decides that it was a rushing attempt and not a sack.  Now my question is what in the hell even prompted that, days after the fact, especially when not every fantasy league is even recognizing this?  It's God damn ridiculous. 

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #413 on: November 20, 2004, 01:38 AM »
Yahoo didn't make the change, the NFL did, its an Official stat that he only had 11 rushing yards.  What is arbitrary is the date of the change and what is official.  I think the way they did that was bull****

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: November 20, 2004, 01:38 AM »
Whoa, this looks messed up.  As for the official stats, might I recommend that we reference the NFL's official stats at NFL.com as the definitive source for stats?  I see that some of the stats seem to vary slightly from different sources.  I would say reference either the NFL site OR Yahoo alone since they're the host for the league.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: November 20, 2004, 01:39 AM »
Regardless, you can't change a final score days after the fact. 

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: November 20, 2004, 01:47 AM »
That's messed up on the part of the NFL.  I would think that the stats would be final on the day of the game unless there's some kind of official protest.  But even then I couldn't see how that might affect individual stats, no less days later.

Feedback

Online Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: November 20, 2004, 01:54 AM »
I've seen lots of instances where a week or so later they change stats - most often with sacks and who is credited with them.  The Tampa papers are always running little footnotes about so-and-so's stats being changed.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: November 20, 2004, 01:55 AM »
I know in the league's that I'm in where we have defensive players and not just team defenses, tackles don't get tabulated until Monday at the earliest.  It still doesn't make this suck for you any less, HE.

Feedback

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: November 20, 2004, 02:01 AM »
Hey, don't get me wrong, stats do get changed, but for them to change a stat and then go back and change a FINAL SCORE and reverse a victory DAYS after the fact is plain wrong.  In a real game, the score wouldn't be changed after the fact if video review showed that (for ex.) a ball really didn't clear the outfield wall and hit the top of it instead.  They wouldn't take that home run away and change it to a single.