Author Topic: Recent Acquisitions  (Read 298769 times)

Offline MikeT

• Jedi Initiate
  • Boba Fett?! Boba Fett?! WHERE?!
    • View Profile
Re: Recent Acquisitions
« Reply #795 on: October 12, 2011, 09:50 AM »
Picked up a Holiday Special Fett, the only non-chase/ limited kub I was missing. Since I bought the Droids and vintage versions before my complete-ist aspirations set in, I had to get the rest of the Fett's piecemeal. It was pretty fun to track them all down from far-flung locations, but I shudder to think how much I could've saved if I had just bought the set.   ::)

Offline Adrian

• Jedi Initiate
  • Follow me you will
    • View Profile
« Reply #796 on: October 21, 2011, 09:39 PM »
just picked up the Galactic Heros Gonk Droid and absolutely love the scale. Great fig for your displaying with your kubs

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #797 on: October 24, 2011, 06:08 PM »
That Gonk looks great!

Got my latest arrival a few days ago and am finally getting around to pictures.   8)

Expensive as he was, I have no buyer's remorse over this one.  He looks amazing in and out of the AT-ST.  Now I just need to figure out a way to display these Deluxe sets. 

Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #798 on: October 24, 2011, 06:11 PM »
Got my Parco Gray-Haired Obi-Wan as well, though I haven't freed him from his plastic prison yet.  Not as different from the regular release as I had hoped, but a must have for me.  This is one of my favorite Kenner vintage variations.

From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
  • 1/6 the Sith I used to be...
    • View Profile
« Reply #799 on: October 24, 2011, 07:46 PM »
Got my latest arrival a few days ago and am finally getting around to pictures.   8)

Congratulations and I hate you ;) ;D
The 60mm Sith Lord - All the hate and anger you've come to expect, now in a new conveniently sized package!

Offline Adrian

• Jedi Initiate
  • Follow me you will
    • View Profile
« Reply #800 on: October 24, 2011, 11:59 PM »
Fantastic!

Offline MikeT

• Jedi Initiate
  • Boba Fett?! Boba Fett?! WHERE?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #801 on: October 25, 2011, 03:17 PM »
Got my Parco Gray-Haired Obi-Wan as well, though I haven't freed him from his plastic prison yet.  Not as different from the regular release as I had hoped, but a must have for me.  This is one of my favorite Kenner vintage variations.

This was a must-have for me too, but I did have a minor gripe: For some reason, they used a shade of grey for the hair that's almost the exact value/tone as his skin color. It makes his facial hair and eyebrows invisible! They accurately show this on the card art Ben, so I guess it's intentional. What's odd is that the whites of the figures eyes are also grey, leading me to believe that they haphazardly switched white to grey on some template and forgot about the eyes  ::).

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #802 on: October 25, 2011, 05:40 PM »
I hadn't noticed the eyes, but will have to look for that.  I'm curious to see how different they look side by side...

Offline ceedrus

• Youngling
  • You truly belong here with us among the clouds
    • View Profile
« Reply #803 on: October 25, 2011, 08:35 PM »

Congratulations and I hate you ;) ;D

Ditto lol congrats he's awesome.

Offline Dan

• Jedi Knight
  • Got some
    • View Profile
« Reply #804 on: October 30, 2011, 12:24 PM »
Picked up a red Bib- As far as the dx chases go, he remains somewhat reasonably priced on occasion.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #805 on: November 8, 2011, 11:28 AM »
Picked up a red Bib- As far as the dx chases go, he remains somewhat reasonably priced on occasion.

Nice score!  How much did you get him for?

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #806 on: December 4, 2011, 09:05 PM »
Picked up a carded Jorg Sacul.  Had a loose one that I got from Dan and now I have the carded version.  So, if anyone's interested in the loose one, shoot me a PM.
The 60mm Sith Lord - All the hate and anger you've come to expect, now in a new conveniently sized package!

Offline space monkey

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #807 on: December 5, 2011, 07:16 PM »
Did you you pick up the one on ebay a few days ago for approximately $80? I saw that and thought that was a good buy.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #808 on: December 6, 2011, 12:13 AM »
Did you you pick up the one on ebay a few days ago for approximately $80? I saw that and thought that was a good buy.

Wow, that is a great score!

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #809 on: December 6, 2011, 07:59 AM »
Yep, that was the one.  Came out to $99 with shipping, but that also included an acrylic case (according to the auction details).  If I take into consideration that an Oscar case would have cost me $20 with shipping, that means I got the figure for about $80 shipped.  I'm happy with that.

Also ended up picking up the carded GSX Indiana Jones exclusive figure (no watch though).  So now I'm only down to needing the carded Series 3 figures to complete my carded collection.