Author Topic: 30AC Saga Legends  (Read 146165 times)

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
Re: 2007 Saga Legends
« Reply #420 on: August 6, 2007, 09:22 AM »
When is the SA 501st coming out?  Is that a later Legends Wave?

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: August 6, 2007, 09:32 AM »
In a wave 3 revision and in wave 4 for sure.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: August 6, 2007, 10:03 AM »
Although things can certainly turn around, the concerns about these overtaking pegs from the "regular" TAC line aren't a problem so far - at least around here.  TRU is really the only store that is even stocking Legends at all (seeing them for the first time this weekend) around here.  Target has TAC figures and older TSC on the pegs, and Wal-Mart has nothing but TSC figures - a solid wall that isn't going anywhere soon.  Its amazing to think that it is August, and our local WM still hasn't had a single 2007 figure on the pegs.  Not that I mind avoiding WM on shopping trips now :).  Like I said, things can and probably will change, but right now the Legends line is pretty rare around here.  Not that TAC has been in great abundance outside of a handful of figures anyways.
« Last Edit: August 6, 2007, 10:05 AM by Brian »

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: August 6, 2007, 10:57 AM »
I've seen the same thing. I actually think it's a good thing. Up to this point, I've been able to get the SL stuff that I've wanted, but it's not been clogging the pegs like GB did last year. That being said, this may make it tough for me to get Darkrtrooper, the colored clone varieties, RA-7, and TC-14, all in one wave later on... :-\
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: August 6, 2007, 07:28 PM »
As I've said before in this thread, while Hasbro might be able to claim that the 30AC and Legends figures are under different SKUs and therefore not a theoretical hindrance to one another, the fact remains that the 2007 Saga Legends figures ARE under the same SKU as the 2006 Saga Collection.  By using the same SKU, the pegs that are stuffed full of Jerjerrods, Endor Threepios, GB Padmes, and (insert your favorite pegwarmer here), are, in fact, keeping the 2007 Saga Legends from showing up at retail. 

Again, whether Hasbro will admit it or not, when a Wal-Mart stock person looks at the eight pegs allotted to Star Wars and sees them jammed full of figures, whether they're 100 different characters or 100 of the same character, they just read it as "FULL" and no restocking takes place.  When Wal-Mart's computers read the SKU and see that they have 100 figures on hand, they don't reorder.  So, those 100 Jerjerrods and Threepios not only keep the 30AC stuff that may or may not be in the stockroom from being put out on the Wal-Mart stock person level, but it also keeps the Saga Legends stuff from even being ordered at all.

If Hasbro wants to clear up the issues people are having with retail right now, they should:

1.  Do a recall of ALL 2006 Saga Collection figures still at retail, regardless of who they are, how many of them there are, or where they are, and give stores credit for those figures (just like in the Episode I days)

2.  Issue a new SKU for the Saga Legends figures that is totally separate from the 2006 TSC SKU.  I realize that could be difficult at this point with the SKU still in use, but maybe change it for Wave 3 so that way retail won't have a backlog of 2006 figures and they'll be getting Saga Legends stuff.

3.  Actually, you know, ship figures to stores in decent case ratios and in a timely fashion instead of letting three months pass between shipments and/or stockings.

Seriously, Hasbro, the retail situation is horrible right now for basic figures and is reaching a level (if it hasn't reached it already) that approximates the post-TPM and AOTC basic figure gluts.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: August 7, 2007, 09:21 AM »
Wave 2 is all but done for me. I should upgrade my Sandtrooper card, but I've managed to track down a complete set.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: August 7, 2007, 11:01 AM »
I haven't seen ANY of Wave 2 yet. All I really want are maybe a couple Sandtroopers and definitely Boba Fett.
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: August 14, 2007, 02:37 PM »
Funny site today at a local target.  I had my choice between two packaging variants of the same figure - Saga2 Princess Leia in Bousch Disguise or Saga Legends (TAC Style) Princess Leia in Bousch Disguise.  They were sitting right next to each other on the pegs.  How's that for product distribution!

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #428 on: August 14, 2007, 02:59 PM »
yeah she was an odd choice for a re-release. Hasbro should have went with a different Leia.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: August 14, 2007, 07:21 PM »
Funny site today at a local target.  I had my choice between two packaging variants of the same figure - Saga2 Princess Leia in Bousch Disguise or Saga Legends (TAC Style) Princess Leia in Bousch Disguise.  They were sitting right next to each other on the pegs.  How's that for product distribution!

I've seen the same thing multiple times, only with C3-PO w/Battle Droid Head. It's really more sad than funny, but I still laugh to myself whenever I see stuff like that.

yeah she was an odd choice for a re-release. Hasbro should have went with a different Leia.

Yep. VOTC Princess Leia would've made much more sense.  :P
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com

Offline Daigo-Bah

• Jedi Apprentice
  • What a desolate place this is...
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: August 15, 2007, 10:12 PM »
Got a sandtrooper today.  This is probably the best dirt wash yet done for a Sandie... not too much like the Evolutions version, but more than the Saga2 version.  Very nice!
Greg Reeves

My *New* top 3 most desired figures: 1) Yerka Mig; 2) Uncle Owen; 3) Hoth Luke

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: August 16, 2007, 09:19 AM »
This is probably the best dirt wash yet done for a Sandie... not too much like the Evolutions version, but more than the Saga2 version. 

It actually reminds me of my attempt to clean an "extra dirty" Evo Sandie. I wasn't too successful, but made a bit of a difference that resembles this one.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #432 on: August 21, 2007, 03:39 PM »
You have to love scalpers. I remember someone here saying that scalpers would see the gold coin on the Dark Trooper and assume it is a UGH. Who ever said it was right.

Dark Trooper  ::)
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: August 21, 2007, 03:45 PM »
Sirsteve has pics up of wave 3 and the Darktrooper has a gold coin. Is that an UGH or is just becuase it was the #1 pick?

It's non-UGH, and not listed in the 12 known UGH.

Scalpers will see gold and think UGH, so it's going to be just as difficult to track down IMO..

:D
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: August 21, 2007, 06:52 PM »
You have to love scalpers. I remember someone here saying that scalpers would see the gold coin on the Dark Trooper and assume it is a UGH. Who ever said it was right.

Dark Trooper  ::)

**** **** **** **** ****... The DT's easily my most wanted figure in the entire 30AC line...