Author Topic: Star Wars Rebels - Season 4  (Read 27155 times)

Offline Qui-Gon Jim

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
Re: Star Wars Rebels - Season 4
« Reply #30 on: October 19, 2017, 09:56 AM »
I found Heroes of Mandalore 1&2  underwhelming, but then...Mando culture doesn't interest me.  They don't have the budget to show the Clone Wars version of the planet...so wastelands.
I agree completely.  I think that the way they have portrayed the Mandalore culture (in SW:CW and SW:R) sucks.  It is dull and takes away from the mystique of the Fett characters.

I also loathe how nimble they are when using their jet packs.  The movies did not portray Jango or Boba flying like Superman. 

There is far richer soil to dig in by fleshing out the Rogue One era Rebellion than this junk.  Glad its over and I hope that's the end of Mandalore.

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 19, 2017, 04:46 PM »
I don't even understand how they control the jetpacks.

Spoilers comments:

Sabine's dad the non-warrior...surprise....kinda, but still just *shrug*

The consequences of the Empire using Sabine's weapon were tossed aside by having no named character die from it.

Jet-pack using Mandalorian and Ezra taking out TIE Fighters?

They didn't even do the cliche of having the doubting pro-Empire Mando defect to  the rebels.

Frying the imperials was stooping to their leveling, instead Sabine just blows up the entire Star Destroyer with virtually no time for the Imperials to escape.

You might think Bo-Katan would mention she's been handed the weapon that was used to kill her sister!

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 20, 2017, 06:56 AM »
The jetpack nimbleness is pretty ridiculous.

And would you really let novice, Jedi albeit, Ezra use one in battle? They should have just given one to Jar Jar.
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 23, 2017, 12:56 PM »
In the Name of Love The Rebellion. SPOILERS

I don't understand why you'd fly your damaged fighters through the atmosphere where their electrical fires or whatever can get more oxygen, then attempt near crash landings. Why not stall in space and wait for pick-up?

Agent Kallas in rebel attire....oh, but he doesn't do anything.  :(

Mon Mothma tries to talk reason to Ezra. She forgot the stick required to BEAT IT INTO HIM.  ::)

Chopper kills some people.  8)

Edrio Two Tubes...yay!

Goodbye, Cmdr Bronchitis or whatever.  :'(

TIE Defender menace almost immediately neutered. Odd they'd be assigned to a light cruiser, anyway, as they aren't common supposedly. (This is putting more thought into it than the writers.)

Ezra and Sabine get most of the screen time in part two. As if they didn't just get it in the previous 2 parter.

Multi-alien techs, alas they resist the urge to make the Ishi Tibb the ROTJ rebel Ishi Tib...I think?

Female Death Trooper Cmdr. Interesting.

Big piece of kryptonite!

Another Star Destroyer totaled. Rebels tradition of conking out enemies or stunning them, only to leave them to die on an exploding ship continues!

It was an okay two parter elevated by Saw and Mothma's appearances, but a little underwhelming, as it's another tease for the Death Star. We know more than the characters, and that's not that fun anymore.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2017, 07:35 PM by Scockery »

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #34 on: October 23, 2017, 11:54 PM »
I liked the Rogue One nods and seeing a TIE defender.  I’m still hoping for Hasbro to make this vehicle!
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 24, 2017, 12:07 PM »
I hope they're done with the Mandalorian storyline.  The first two episodes were okay, but not great.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #36 on: October 26, 2017, 09:37 PM »
Mandos are really overrated and I've never liked them bring the planet and their race into it really.  I like the idea they're staying relatively neutral but that's me I guess.

The last eps were much more interesting to me but yeah, landing the YWing into a place with other ships and a bunch of people?  Uh wha?  I like Endrio showing up and Death Trooper fun.  And I'd give a nut for Disney to repaint Chopper in imperial deco and yellow worker deco.  That figure needs many flavors!
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 30, 2017, 11:07 PM »
Tonight's episodes were pretty good.  Anytime there's a TIE Defender it give me hope that Hasbro will make them!

Loved way Thrawn summoned his inner Patton.....nice little nod there.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 31, 2017, 01:43 PM »
Patton! Right. I was thinking the Joker vs Batwing in BATMAN.

The Occupation
was so-so. Once again Rex and Kallus are sidelined.  We learn that Old Joe is dead  :'( . And the most irritating thing, that the Imperial March is music within the Star Wars universe itself (people have beat that wonderful theme into the ground).  Lots of running around tunnels and Stormtroopers not hitting anything. Yay.  Ryder's resistance is what, two people?

Flight of the Defender
The better of the two over all.

Puts some sting back into the TIE Defender.

Of course Ryder and Zeb are on the sidelines so the underused duo of Ezra and Sabine get the focus.   :P

Sabine takes out some but not all the fighters...nobody's perfect. She actively tries to kill Thrawn.

Odd the Imperial Gunships are piloted by AT-DP pilots.  Were they before...I can't remember.

Then things get weird with the large semi-talking wolf that no one else sees. Spoooky.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #39 on: October 31, 2017, 06:30 PM »
I watch this show for things I want to make at this point.  Otherwise I feel it's terrible, and I only like Hera, the Ghost, and Chopper...  Kanan to a lesser extent.  Everyone else blows.

Oh and I won't toss Kellus into that mix he's ok.  He also does nothing now.

Annoyed they keep taking old EU and trying to shoehorn it into this era because that just shows how little creativity is in this all.  Basically this show is just off my SW timeline for the most part now.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 1, 2017, 02:59 AM »
They've got 10 episodes left to make this show mean something. It's not THE CLONE WARS of the Imperial era. Of course it never had the budget or episode orders to be that.

I feel the whole show could've been saved with an appearance by Meebur Gascon and D Squad.  :P

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #41 on: November 1, 2017, 04:27 AM »
Biggest flaw to it, for me, was forcing (no pun) Jedi into it.  I get it's a kids show and kids like light sabers to be sure, but I felt that took something away from Ben being among the last and all that.  They could've done a lot with this being a lighter version of Rogue One, with Rebels not really having grand victories but little ones that helped the cause.

If any jedi was to be important in it I'd have had it be Ashoka and only Ashoka and her struggle with giving up the Jedi Order, her survival, maybe her attempts to not use the light sabers Ns blend in more...  instead we have the whole Jedi thing forced on us, mystical magical bull**** episodes, Darth Maul, the ultimate unflushable turd...  a friggin fat old clone...

And from day one making the empire completely inept was dumb.

Sorry, just feel let down by this. 

Forces Of Destiny is far more enjoyable for some reason.  I mean a lot of Clone Wars lulls existed too but it had some really great highs too.  This show, I can't think of one great moment.  Some ok stuff. It nothing consistent to me.  Now we've got this wolf BS cuz hey Dave likes em so yeah.  FFS😑

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 1, 2017, 04:18 PM »
The worst part of the series, for me, has been Ashoka, Rex, and Maul.  I thought the Clone Wars series was really bad (whith a few bright spots) and they chained Rebels to it by adding them into the mix.
« Last Edit: November 7, 2017, 11:31 AM by Matt_Fury »
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 6, 2017, 07:21 PM »
The Kindred.

Magic wolves. Even more magical this time.

Ruhk...uh...I dunno about him.

Mysteries without any answers. Meh.

Hera escapes with the plans in an amusing fashion that trashes a hangar bay.

Crawler Commandeers

The better of the two, maybe? Seth Green guest stars as an annoying little pest who dies a painful death.  It's odd that two Trandoshans give our heroes so much trouble. Mining guild uses familiar IG model as a security. Vizago is back.

Odd, it's called a crawler, but is a big repulsor lift craft, no treads.

Half-way through the final season, and they still feel like they're moving too slow.

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 7, 2017, 12:14 AM »
I'm not sure I loved the Disney representation of Rukh, but I'll take what I can get. So cool to see Rukh "officially" in the Star Wars universe.

(Toy! Toy! Toy!)
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within