Author Topic: The Black Hole  (Read 1047 times)

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
The Black Hole
« on: October 31, 2003, 02:52 PM »
No not the Grand Canyon at night

The other other great Sci Fi movie of the 70's which was made by Disney

A few weeks back in the chat room Nicklab, myself and Force Guy were talking about this movie.  I had it on DVD and had saw it as a kid but didn't really remember it too well

Well a week or so ago I popped 'er in and watched it

While the story is awesome and the effects are great as well...its like Disney started having a brain fart half way through the movie

The Science while probably not totally accurate was great until they hit the meteor shower.  All of a sudden the vacuum of space has no effect on them

Then, they reach the indoor garden and the vacuum is back and they almost get sucked into space

Then, they try and get on board the probe ship and guess what...no vacuum again...then the ship breaks up and they all go into the Hole...

Maxillian, B.O.B. and V.I.N.C.E.N.T. are all great, the cast is also pretty good  and Reinhardt is a classic Disney baddy

So not sure what to think of this anymore other than it is a classic Disney cash in movie trying to bank off of Star Wars and Star Trek and does it with so so results...

I'd be all for a remake or redo of this with even better effects and a movie a little more based in science

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
Re: The Black Hole
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2003, 03:11 PM »
Ahh, The Black Hole.  8)  I remember seeing it when it first came out. Not bad for it's time but I have to agree with you Scott on the vacuum space scenes. A remake would be awesome with todays technology!  8)

I used to have the model kits of V.I.N.CENT, Maximillian & the Cygnus. The Cygnus is major $$$ now!  :-\

I just love the figures for them hence the Disney Kubrick sets!  :-*

The original figures are cool but I never saw the Humanoid figure up here!  :'(
Black Hole Figures

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Re: The Black Hole
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2003, 04:00 PM »
Yeah someone bought me this DVD for X-mas.  I got around to watcing several months later.  It's a fun movie I think.  Of course now it shows it's age.  I used to think MAX was one bad@$$ killing machine when I was a kid.  When they remove the faceplate from the Humanoid I was really scared by the ugly face underneath.  LOL!