Author Topic: Super Hero/Comic Book Movies  (Read 336026 times)

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Re: Super Hero/Comic Book Movies
« Reply #525 on: August 23, 2007, 04:11 PM »
Cool...but no where as near as cool as live action.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline DarkKnight2k4

• Jedi Apprentice
  • You underestimate my power...
    • View Profile
    • New Jersey Star Wars Collectors Club
« Reply #526 on: August 24, 2007, 08:36 AM »
What a jip.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: August 24, 2007, 12:06 PM »
What a jip.

Agreed.  Nice to see DC continue their stumble, while Marvel just gets better and better.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: August 24, 2007, 12:59 PM »
Not necessarily a "superhero" movie, but the news this morning is that a G.I. Joe movie has been confirmed by Paramount, with a release in summer of 2009.  Stephen Sommers (Van Helsing, Mummy, Mummy Returns) has been attached to direct while Stuart Beattie (30 Days of Night, Collateral, Pirates: Curse of the Black Pearl) is on to write the script.

Good news. I loved those Mummy movies, although I haven't seen Van Helsing. It'll be interesting to see how small/large the team is.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: August 27, 2007, 03:22 PM »
I'm just tired of the whole "Let's be totally PC and not offend anyone" attitude that the whole country has taken on.  Its a fictional story, so why should it have anything to do with the issues in the Middle East?  How does America's Elite Fighting Force taking on an paramilitary army of baddies bent on world domination offend or hurt anyone?

Rumor on IRON MAN (SPOILER ALERT) is that Tony Stark now get's shrapnel because he's in the Middle East...either incorporate current events into your flick or ignnore them, but you don't have to totally revamp the entire concept of GI JOE on the off chance that it hits too close to home for someone. 

Heck, if anything, they might get some free publicity if they stayed true to form.  :P
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: August 29, 2007, 11:05 AM »
IESB has another rumor report up regarding the Justice League movie, this time a live action version again.  Grain of salt and all of that applies - but here's the highlights:

Batman in - but no Bruce Wayne (allows recasting of the part easier)
Superman - WB wants Tom Welling
Flash - Ryan Reynolds (Wally West version)
Martian Manhunter - WB wants Laurence Fishburne

Timm/Dini Justice League cartoons are a big inspiration for the script, white martians are rumored as well.

Again, just a whole mess of rumors, probably not true - but food for thought for now.  More at the linky, if interested.

Offline DarkKnight2k4

• Jedi Apprentice
  • You underestimate my power...
    • View Profile
    • New Jersey Star Wars Collectors Club
« Reply #531 on: August 29, 2007, 12:50 PM »
Well at least the news is good... grain of salt or not.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: September 6, 2007, 08:44 AM »
It sounds like a teaser trailer for Iron Man will premiere September 10th on TV, then online on the 11th.  You can find the list of stations/shows at the linky, sounds like they are doing something similar to the Spidey 3 trailer, showing it on a bunch of networks at once.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: September 10, 2007, 09:49 AM »
The Iron Man Teaser is now online.  It looks like mostly the footage from Comic Con that was shown, but now its all nice and clear.  This movie looks pretty good so far I think.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: September 10, 2007, 01:02 PM »
The Iron Man Teaser is now online.  It looks like mostly the footage from Comic Con that was shown, but now its all nice and clear.  This movie looks pretty good so far I think.

Suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuweet!  That movie looks awesome.  Nice job Marvel!

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: September 10, 2007, 07:07 PM »
Kick ass!  8)

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: September 10, 2007, 08:58 PM »
Loved how they used Sabbath's Iron Man in the trailer. So far this is looking pretty awesome.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: September 21, 2007, 10:10 AM »
Variety is reporting that the Justice League movie is now "official" and is moving forward.  George Miller (Happy Feet, Mad Max) is on to direct with a target date of 2009.  The Leaguers mentioned include Batman, Superman Wonder Woman, Flash and Aquaman.  I would hope that they would at least include Green Lantern too (and Martian Manhunter would be nice as well).  Right now it doesn't sound like Bale and Routh will reprise their roles, but its still early.  Also, the Superman Returns sequel is delayed indefinitely.

Offline Sprry75

• Jedi Apprentice
  • semper ubi sub ubi
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: September 21, 2007, 12:07 PM »
Good news about JLA, but I'm kind of bummed about the Superman Returns sequel delays.  I really liked that movie.

Too bad all of Superman's villains are so lame.  If there were someone cool that casual fans were chomping at the bit to see, the hype for another one would get some legs.  I mean seriously, who wants to see Mr. Mxyzptlk 's big screen debut?

Didn't think so.
"Really?  Sorry."

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: September 22, 2007, 12:23 AM »
I'm not a big Supes fan myself, but I wouldn't mind seeing Doomsday come and kick his arse.  ;)