Author Topic: Retail Prices/Sales/Discounts  (Read 34089 times)

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Re: Retail Prices/Sales/Discounts
« Reply #75 on: August 17, 2017, 08:08 PM »
Meijer's Jedha packs and last single card stragglers disappeared when they reset their aisle. Not a 3 3/4" Star Wars figure to be found in the store.

Picked up 2 Stormtrooper Kanans, Sgt Jyn Ponchro and a TFA First Odor pilot with claw toilet accessory at Target. They still have over a dozen Ezra speeder bikes for $6.

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: August 18, 2017, 05:41 PM »
On Friday I saw just about the weirdest thing I have ever seen in SW collecting. I hit a 5Below for some cheap 3-packs and only found a couple of Pao sets. I decided to pick one up anyway and while standing in line to check out I noticed a guy 2-3 people ahead of me with a shopping basket FILLED with all the "good" 2-packs. He must have had 12-14 easily. Nothing else in the cart either. He obviously came just for those, and even knew enough to bypass the less attractive Pao set.

Considering the 2-packs that came out in the Rogue One range, what do you consider the "good" 2-packs? The ones with Baze and Moroff?

Just curious.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: August 18, 2017, 05:44 PM »
Baze Moroff for sure, and the 7th sister Maul pack, which I thought was great.

HTS actually has the Ahsoka Vader 2-pack for $4.50, so I wasn't too worried about that one.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: August 18, 2017, 07:36 PM »
I went to another Target, mostly cleaned out but for 2 Jyn Ersos (the scarf version) and one Eadu Cassian, which I almost got but noticed his shoulder had a big gap between the torso...packaging thing? Maybe? But the prospect of a figure with a very loose arm annoyed me so I left with nada since i already had the Jyn from the Jedha revolt set and I didn't think her spring action weapon was worth $2.38+ tax.

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: August 25, 2017, 03:39 PM »
After months of clearance aisles for $15, the nearest Wal-Mart reduced the Rebels speeder bikes to $3! I was lucky enough to find the very last one...with AT-DP driver. That how it often is, stuff sits forever at a meh price then you go back and find you mostly missed the party.  Even the formerly $8 Sarco Planks are gone.

AT-ST back in stock and still $60...I guess that's black series, though.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #80 on: August 25, 2017, 11:35 PM »
Some atst sales are going on for $30 but highly limited.  Saw it On brickseek.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: August 26, 2017, 06:30 PM »
I scanned it to be sure....was 60.

Went to another Wal-Mart, still had Rogue One figures for $4 and Force Awakens for "see associate". No super cheap speeders or anything. No accidentally shelved Last Jedi items.

Target Rogue One  figures are now ITEM NOT FOUND. Guess that means, free. They clearly don't sell them, right?  :P

They had a TIE Striker that had been opened, no pilot in the widow of the box. $12...but who knows what's inside? Not gonna open it on the aisle. Passed.

Did get the only 6" Cassian Andor left for $3....because he's got to be worth more than that someday...maybe?

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: August 30, 2017, 09:43 AM »
Only clearance item left at one of my local WMs was the Jedha 4 pack, which I snagged for $13. Most of my Walmarts have been sold out of 5POA figures for over a year, and I got sick of seeing the Goss Toowers, umm, towers at Target.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: August 30, 2017, 02:09 PM »
My local 5 Below restocked with the Unkar Plutt wave and more 2-packs.  :)

I picked up two Rexes and a few Baze, Moroff, and 7th Sister sets.

Probably should not be spending money so close to FF but those were too tempting to pass up.

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: August 30, 2017, 07:06 PM »
Pao and Death Trooper makes a decent army building pack, because a minor character like Pao can be army built (or slightly customized) but what you're gonna do with extra Bazes? Find some heads? Make some gunners in coveralls?

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: August 30, 2017, 07:33 PM »
Pao and Death Trooper makes a decent army building pack, because a minor character like Pao can be army built (or slightly customized) but what you're gonna do with extra Bazes? Find some heads? Make some gunners in coveralls?

For those R1 sets, I have some other Rogue One leftovers I would like to package them with as a lot, and they'll provide better value overall, both for me and the buyer.

The Rebels stuff I'd like to keep for some custom projects.

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: September 2, 2017, 05:17 PM »
Nearest 5 Below restocked, got Shore Trooper & Moroff...they only one but got it.

Wal-mart had the Snowtrooper/Poe set for $7 but I couldn't bite at that price. They had an empty package of somebody (snowtrooper?)  and the beardy pilot from Force Awakens, not empty the thief left the spring action accessory.

Target's old 2-packs VANISHED, IIRC. They had 20+ still at full price a week ago.  Strange.

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I can't think of anything witty to say...
    • View Profile
    • The Power Of The Customizer
« Reply #87 on: September 2, 2017, 10:31 PM »

Target's old 2-packs VANISHED, IIRC. They had 20+ still at full price a week ago.  Strange.

Check the clearance sections/endcaps. All the stores in my area moved their Rogue One 2 packs but left them at full price. I was so sure with the sets not being clearanced they were gonna re-use the DPCI for the TLJ sets. Who knows what they're doing...
Jason F.

- FFURG Admin
- Vintage Needs: Micro Collection Snowspeeder box and pilots, Micro Collection X-Wing pilot

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #88 on: September 11, 2017, 01:13 PM »
Slim pickings, but you can get an extra 15% off the clearance stuff at www.HasbroToyShop.com with promo code CLEARANCE17 now through September 17th.

Legal Stuff:
15% off most Products currently for sale in the clearance category on HasbroToyShop.com through September 17, 2017 at 11:59 p.m. ET. with promo code CLEARANCE17. Interim markdowns may have been taken. Discount applies to pre-tax and pre-shipping amount. This offer cannot be combined with any other offer. Excludes HasbroToyShop.com exclusives and gift cards. While supplies last. No rain checks. Not valid on previous orders. Subject to terms and conditions of use and HasbroToyShop.com policies. ©2017 Hasbro. All Rights Reserved.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: September 16, 2017, 04:33 PM »
Got a TIE STRIKER at Meijer for $12. Last one. Is it worth it? Dare I open it? Just leave it in the box and hope it will be worth its original retail in a few years?  :P

The Jedha Revolt sets are under $8. Jyn eadu and Imperial Comptroller er...uh....whatever are $2.30 something.