Author Topic: KB 9-pack Exclusive w/ Silver Vader  (Read 19241 times)

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
Re: KB 9-pack Exclusive w/ Silver Vader
« Reply #45 on: July 14, 2005, 12:12 AM »
And they better NOT even think about mixing up those two colors within the various sets...  >:(

Yeah - Matt - I had you in mind too when I was typing out of disgust the possibility of there being TWO versions of this set with the two different guards. The only redeeming feature is in the packaging itself. If you keep going through the GH pics, you'll see there's a shot of the back of the box and the picture for the Royal Guard clearly shows ONLY the Blue version unlike the picture used for the insert of figure #23 - which has both the Red and Blue versions of the character pictured.

So hopefully I'll only have to get one of this $50 turd - I would like to have a second one just to have the THIRD Silver Vader opened as well as MIB, but that's a tad bit pricey. I'll wait til my local KB has it clearanced down to $10 and then I'll buy it!  ;D
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Nathan

• Jedi Knight
  • Destroying the hobby one EU figure at a time.
    • View Profile
    • The Clone Wars Unofficial Site (in carbonite)
« Reply #46 on: July 14, 2005, 01:46 AM »
While I still think the concept is ill-conceived, the set is actually oddly appealing to me personally, since I don't have ANY of those figures yet, except the blue guard, and you can never have too many of him. On the other hand, there are only 2 KBs left in MN and neither is that close to me anyway.

And for your guys' sake, I really hope they don't try the Red/Blue game with these sets, 'cuz that would be just plain ****** in the head, even by Hasbro standards. I honestly can't believe even they would try something like that.
Twitter: @OKeefeNathan
Blog: Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Fanboy (in carbonite since '09, back someday)

Offline hansolo_506

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 14, 2005, 04:14 PM »
Since I have a pretty good KB near me, I promptly took all of the figures in this set that I had on layaway at Wally's and dumped 'em.  (Loose collector here)

I think the price point is perfect...save some bucks.

And as far as that Vader goes...I am going to find a used bowling trophy and stick him on top!  ;D ;D
Don't curse in your signature.

-c.berry

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 4, 2005, 04:19 PM »
If by chance anyone happens to give a flying frick about this set, it's available for preorder at KBToys.com and should be on shelves Sept 15.

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 4, 2005, 08:19 PM »
Thanks for the info Jesse..I was impatiently wondering when to seize this set ;)

Red guards vs Blue guards? I don't care... got x4 of each color at retail anyway= I will be just buying one set ;D

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 5, 2005, 02:34 PM »

And they better NOT even think about mixing up those two colors within the various sets...  >:(

This would even push me to the dark side. >:(
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 5, 2005, 05:21 PM »
WHAT!!?? I thought you already were a Darth,....Anton? ;D

Offline TheBlackDog65

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 5, 2005, 11:38 PM »
Oh the joy of being a non-completist and loose collector! I can pass on these big time. The silver Vader is not worth it. Probably buy it on ebay for about $20 to $25 and save $25. Actually, I will pass even on the silver Vader, since I do not want it, desire it or care about it. Sorry, just a waste of my money if I bought it!
"For too long gentleness has been equated with weakness.  Yet it takes more strength to be gentle than to be mean."

John Keeshan

Wants: Saga Wave 3

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 6, 2005, 04:33 AM »
Its pretty much a waste of money all together.
I remember my dream now.

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 7, 2005, 11:12 PM »

Uh oh.  Looks like RS found this:

(click on image for bigger pic)

So I wonder if we'll actually see both versions (ie. red guard and blue guard), or if they just decided to change it to a blue guard version only.  I don't plan on getting this, but I think Pete and Matt are going to lose their cool.   :-\
« Last Edit: September 7, 2005, 11:21 PM by JesseVader08 »

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 7, 2005, 11:17 PM »
Here's the original version from KBToys.com.  I think that the Silver Vader changed to the TRU Exclusive Silver Vader from the OTC line.

« Last Edit: September 7, 2005, 11:19 PM by JesseVader08 »

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 8, 2005, 01:44 PM »
Since there's a different Vader in each one, one is definately a mock up. I guess we'll just have to wait and see. ::)
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #57 on: September 8, 2005, 02:38 PM »
Since there's a different Vader in each one, one is definately a mock up. I guess we'll just have to wait and see. ::)

The first picture of the set that surfaced at KB.com was just a mock-up:  there is no plastic tray (the figures are just posed in the box), Luminara and Dooku are transposed (position does not match the names on the box front), and the back of the box showed a BLUE guard (while a RED guard was used for the photo op).

Don't forget, the set was featured at San Diego Comic-Con:

This picture shows the final packaging (with inner plastic tray), which showed the Blue Guard and re-used TRU Silver Vader, so I am inclined to believe that is the final product (and at the show, Hasbro said it was the final product).

I was glad to see this picture from Comic Con because it meant that the set was ALL repacks - the Silver Vader is NOT a new one, it is just a re-release of the TRU Silver Vader.

Jeff
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 8, 2005, 02:47 PM »
Thanks Jeff- I saw this at the show too but alas, I couldn't remember.

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 8, 2005, 11:13 PM »

This picture shows the final packaging (with inner plastic tray), which showed the Blue Guard and re-used TRU Silver Vader, so I am inclined to believe that is the final product (and at the show, Hasbro said it was the final product).

I was glad to see this picture from Comic Con because it meant that the set was ALL repacks - the Silver Vader is NOT a new one, it is just a re-release of the TRU Silver Vader.

Jeff

I totally forgot about that from Comic Con.   :-[