Author Topic: Customs by Darth Delicious- Update 10.25.08!!!  (Read 164431 times)

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: Customs by Darth Delicious-Updated 5/29/05
« Reply #300 on: May 30, 2005, 06:14 AM »
Nice fix on the commander DD! You can't even tell and I really like the cloak thing. It is a nice color choice as well, I love Fan-fic Clones they may be really popular, but they are popular for a reason. :)

The Soft goods EP1 senate guard looks great! I think Kevin was talking about making one of these the other day.
"This is the way."

Offline ThePerennial

• Jedi Initiate
  • "..And shoot the loudmouth first!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: May 30, 2005, 09:34 AM »
Hey, DD. I saw that cloak used on a custom in the GH costums forums. Good stuff!

Also, are parts of that clone commando Ricky UK's? I didn't know he was selling those badboys, I actually e-mailed asking him and he said in march, but this was way back in february :P/

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: May 30, 2005, 11:15 AM »
Kick ass man!  Great update.

COMMANDO - That is looking fantastic - totally a top notch job, and in my opinion your additions will make it look better than what Ricky UK did.

COMMANDER KRELL - Great name for him - and a great custom, I dig the cloak, is that from the Gi Joe Swamp Rat figure? 

BLUE GUARD - I've been wanting to do this too, I wish I had some more money and could find a ton of ROTS Blue Guards to do this with my EPI guards.

Great update as always - and on a side note, I was the one that got Bantha 5 to register here, but he seems to be in the "rebelscum only" mentality.  Oh well... I guess he might change his mind, and I'll contact Ricky UK too.

:P

Offline Darth Delicious

• Jedi Padawan
  • Kneel...kneel before Wobb!
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: May 30, 2005, 02:26 PM »
Thanks, guys. Let me see if I can answer some of your questions/comments...

Perennial: I haven't been to GH lin a few days, I'll have to check it out.  Oh, and aAs far as I know, Ricky hasn't started selling the Commando's yet... I got mine from trades long ago, right after he first posted them.

Chewie: Not sure if I agree that this could top Ricky's version (And after all, parts of this ARE Ricky's version) but thanks for the vote of confidence! Mine will at least be poseable, and for that, I'm willing to sacrifice a little authenticity as far as the armor goes.  ;)

Commander Krell does indeed utilize the Swamp Rat cloak. I think that and his extra belt accessories give him some cool touches...but he just doesn't look finished to me for some reason. Any suggestions? I'm thinking of adding something to the helmet...an ARC styled viewfinder, perhaps? I dunno.

-DD
Back from the dead!!!

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #304 on: May 30, 2005, 02:31 PM »
That'd be cool. Or you could give him a removable helmet. I really like the rope, it almost looks likt the rope from Clue. ;) Maybe you could give him some sort of bandolier under his cloak too. He looks great to me but if you think he need more than maybe those things would make him even better.
"This is the way."

Offline Darth Delicious

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: May 30, 2005, 02:42 PM »
I like the bandolier idea, SLC...I'll start scouting for one I like.

In the meantime, here's a 501st I finished late last night using the AT-TE gunner.

This figure represents two firsts for me...one, using a micron pen to bring out the armor details. I'm not sure yet how I feel about the results. Two, this was my first foray into using Apple Barrel paint. The neon blue is REALLY hard to work with, but doesn't look bad, although the pic came out about two shades lighter than the real deal because of the flash. Also, a lot of the highlights were lost, and I'm stumped at how the flash made the blue look like two different shades.

In the future I may mix any Apple Barrel colors I use with a little Tamiya to give it a thicker consistency. This guy took about three coats!  :o

-DD
Back from the dead!!!

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: May 30, 2005, 03:24 PM »
Bandoleer Solution:

Clone Wars Anakin Skywalkers bandoleer and pouch. I'm using mine to put on a grunt I'm gonn start work on tonight, for Commander Cow's squad. Or herd.

Whatever cows run in today.

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline Gregorbian

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I gotta get to Buckethead's Toy Store!
    • View Profile
    • Gregorbian's Photobucket
« Reply #307 on: May 30, 2005, 09:21 PM »
Cool Clone Commander, let's hope Hasbro makes some because I know that I will never be able to make an accurate one. :-\

Nice, clean paint job on the 501st, I like that you kept him clean. ;)

Commander Krell is cool, I definitely like that cloak.  As for the helmet, what about part of the AT-TE Tank Gunner's helmet?  You could trim it up a bit so it would look different...
The scariest thing that I've ever seen,
Is the terrible AT-AT walking machine.
It's as big as a house on walking legs,
and whatever it steps on it crushes like eggs.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: May 30, 2005, 09:50 PM »
It's being anal I know, but I would suggest painting the neck peg black - for some reason it seems to look a little odd on the Krell figure.  But, it's still hell of a lot better than I could do.

:P

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: May 30, 2005, 09:54 PM »
Everything is looking good! My only gripe is that the armor details on the 501st look too drawn on. But it looks great otherwise!
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline ThePerennial

• Jedi Initiate
  • "..And shoot the loudmouth first!"
    • View Profile
Re: Jodo Kast work in progress
« Reply #310 on: May 30, 2005, 10:37 PM »
DD? You there?

Offline Darth Delicious

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: May 31, 2005, 12:26 AM »
Gregorbian- I wouldn't sell yourself short on being able to make some accurate Clone Commanders. Your work is really good! Your suggestion on somehow utilizing the Gunner helmet is also a good one; it shall be done.

CHEWIE- Good eye on the Krell figure. I never noticed the white showing through on the neck post. Now it's bugging me too, so I'll have to fix it.

Diddly- The details on the 501st look much better in person...my flash really did a number on that one. I'm not in love with that figure though;  he's definitely going to be reworked.

In other news, I posted my submission to the MONTHLY CUSTOMIZING CHALLENGE thread. Go check it out!

-DD
« Last Edit: May 31, 2005, 02:00 AM by Darth Delicious »
Back from the dead!!!

Offline Darth Delicious

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
Re: Jodo Kast work in progress
« Reply #312 on: May 31, 2005, 12:29 AM »
Sorry, Perennial! Didn't see this until today.

Your guess was right, I stretched the belt off of the 300th Fett figure after boil and popping the legs. The VOTC belt I cut off with an exacto knife, but in such a way I could reuse it later.

Hope that helps!

-DD
Back from the dead!!!

Offline Commander JediSearch

• Jedi Initiate
  • Do what must be done... I support Order 66
    • View Profile
    • The Archive
Re: Customs by Darth Delicious-Updated 5/23/05
« Reply #313 on: May 31, 2005, 12:54 AM »
Well, I showed them...I just opened a new account for my new pics. Hopefully the old one will refresh come Monday, as Jedisearch predicted, so I won't have to transfer over all those pics and add new links.

Actually, I said Wednesday.   ;)

Be kind, it's still very much a work in progress.

I really think the RC is looking pretty good.  I'm looking forward to more pictures of this guy.  Keep up the good work.
Stephen - Louisville, KY
Sandtroopers | KSWCC | My Collection

Offline Darth Delicious

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: May 31, 2005, 12:57 AM »
Whoops! I knew that.  :P

-DD
Back from the dead!!!