Author Topic: Recent Clone Wars Finds/Purchases  (Read 339934 times)

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
Re: Recent Clone Wars Finds/Purchases
« Reply #780 on: November 19, 2011, 11:26 AM »
Found the armored Savage Opress wave this morning.  Can't believe that it's only shipping a single case at a time to stores.  But I managed to finally score Armored Savage, Even Piell & Chewbacca today.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #781 on: November 19, 2011, 04:48 PM »
I've actually seen at least 2 cases out at the same time at TRU and Target within the past week, but that may be the exception rather than the rule.

They're moving fast, I know that, 2-3 days and even the repacks are gone.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #782 on: November 20, 2011, 07:56 PM »
Scored one last R7-D4 on Friday.

Picked up two more Kamino ARFs on sale at Target this morning to bring my squad count on them up to six.

Unless I stumble on one last Riot Control Clonetrooper, I am done with Clone Wars figures for the year.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #783 on: November 21, 2011, 02:53 PM »
Snagged another Armored Savage Oppress today at Target over lunch. I never get tired of picking this guy off the pegs and paying for him. This was the mintiest card yet too, def a keeper.

I have to see, despite the overall awesomeness of the figure, it's not without its flaws. The right hand is sculpted so open it can't even hold the lightsaber, and only loosely grips the battle-axe. The overall proportions of the figure seem pretty exaggerated too. I mean, he makes Seripas look small standing side-by-side. Artistic license I guess.

I'm gonna miss buying new Clone Wars figures next year.

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #784 on: November 21, 2011, 04:44 PM »
I have to see, despite the overall awesomeness of the figure, it's not without its flaws. The right hand is sculpted so open it can't even hold the lightsaber, and only loosely grips the battle-axe.

I think the right hand is messed up because of the overly-tight rubber band. I haven't fixed my figure yet, but sticking the hand in some boiling water for about 30 seconds or so, then clamping it shut with your fingers, followed by putting it in some cold water should give the hand a tighter grip.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #785 on: November 26, 2011, 07:43 PM »
Picked up Armored Savage # 5 @ TRU today...actually left one hanging on the pegs, so I think I've finally broken the compulsion.

Also scored the black rebel TVC variant.

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #786 on: November 26, 2011, 08:18 PM »
Still looking for my #1.  And Even Piell.  Then I'm done.

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #787 on: November 26, 2011, 08:27 PM »
I guess with the lack of reports and any published news on the subject - the WalMart Clone Wars exclusives (DVD 2-packs, Deluxe Vehicles, Ultimate Clone Wars set) are all still MIA and didn't show up in an aisle display for Black Friday as some theorized?

Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Captain Piet

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Ph.Geek.com
« Reply #788 on: November 27, 2011, 11:02 AM »
I guess with the lack of reports and any published news on the subject - the WalMart Clone Wars exclusives (DVD 2-packs, Deluxe Vehicles, Ultimate Clone Wars set) are all still MIA and didn't show up in an aisle display for Black Friday as some theorized?

There's a chain that has no idea where anything is in its system. I'd side with Hasbro over them in an it said/it said any day of the week. Wouldn't rule out showing up in the Christmas run-up. Wal-Mart's were a friggin' disaster this week.
Co-founder and contributor, PhGeek.com
"Dissertations in geek culture"
Podcasts every Wednesday on iTunes or http://phgeek.podbean.com/
Like us on Facebook, follow on Twitter @Geekswillrise

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #789 on: November 27, 2011, 06:14 PM »
Yeah, I braved a few Wallys over the past few days just out of curiosity if they would make any effort to put these out. Their toy aisles were a wreck and the SW sections in particular looked pretty lackluster.

If they didn't have the sense to make these exclusives available during the biggest shopping week of the year, there's no telling when they will show up. Really stupid on their part I think.

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #790 on: November 27, 2011, 06:45 PM »
Ventured into my local WalMart this afternoon - and what I found was pretty much the same - the toy department looked like a bomb had gone off in it and the Star Wars section was a mess.

They still have mountains of those Vintage Wave 6 cases they got in earlier in the month, I think the only character that is no longer available out of those is the Dagobah Landing Luke - all of the other figures in the wave are still there in good numbers.

To be fair though - my local Target was in no better shape in the toy dept either.
Peter

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #791 on: November 29, 2011, 09:51 PM »
Ok, good news to share: the Walmart exclusives are starting to hit!

I picked up the "Ultimate Gift Set" tonight. This thing is actually kinda cool I think, for repack swag. The packaging is very sleek, sort of angular with some neat stylized CW graphics, and there's a diorama-esque backdrop which is pretty sweet. You get 5 figures for $30, so it's not a terrible deal money-wise. Definitely a good starter set for kids. Oh, and all of the figures have unique game cards with I think some of which are probably new. (nice grammar)

I also saw a few reports popping up over at RS that people are starting to find the 2 new deluxe sets too, so that is REALLY excellent news. I expect to see these hitting here anytime now. Fingers crossed.

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #792 on: November 29, 2011, 11:07 PM »
I sure hope to God that there aren't new/unique game cards in the Ultimate Repack Gift Set. As for the packaging, Marvel has a similar form factor ultimate gift set - same layout and design - both with a nice presentation.
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #793 on: November 30, 2011, 12:19 PM »
I sure hope to God that there aren't new/unique game cards in the Ultimate Repack Gift Set. As for the packaging, Marvel has a similar form factor ultimate gift set - same layout and design - both with a nice presentation.

I scored the Ultimate Gift Set this morning - one to keep MIB and one to open. When I get a chance to open it, I'll take a look at the cards and let you know.

No sign of the vehicles or DVD 2-packs in the stores I hit.

EDIT: Cracked the Ultimate Gift Set open just now and the Anakin, Dooku, Rex and Super Battledroid cards have all been available before in previous battlepacks/multipacks. I wish I could tell you an answer on the Battledroid card, but unfortunately in the set I opened there were two Rex cards and no Battledroid card, so I'm gonna try to get a replacement at the same WalMart tomorrow hoping that they aren't all like this and I just "lucked out".

EDIT #2: Ok - so I got a replacement, and right there in the store I opened it up and made sure there was a Battledroid card in it. The Battledroid Card is the same card that came with the battledroid from the "Landing at Point Rain" DVD 2-pack. So if you got that set, then you already had the "unique" Battledroid Card, if not, then, this set is your chance to get it.  :-\
« Last Edit: December 6, 2011, 07:23 AM by Pete_Fett »
Peter

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #794 on: December 3, 2011, 09:04 AM »
I went to 3 different Walmarts late last night trying to find the new Deluxe sets. I usually find it better to stop by the Walmarts at night because they bring out the pallets of new toys you can pore over.

They each had between 4-6 huge pallets of new toy boxes, mostly Hasbro and Mattel. I saw Power Rangers, Thundercats, new GI Joes, lots of NERF, Beyblade, Transformers. But not a single SW item outside of the electronic helmets and lightsabers.  ::)