Author Topic: Unleashed figures  (Read 152388 times)

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: Unleashed Again
« Reply #510 on: January 24, 2005, 10:55 PM »
No idea why I'm passing on the Prequel guys though.  What all am I missing with those?  Maul, Jango, Mace, and Dooku?  Is that it? 

Don't forget Anakin, Obi-Wan, Darth Sidious and Yoda.  Of course, Darth Sidious could be argued to be the Emperor, and Yoda could be OT too (despite his jumping pose).  I've got Sidious and Yoda, and they're both great.  Obi-Wan is pretty good, but I don't have Anakin yet.

Just for the hell of it, here's the list so far:

Aayla Secura - 2004
Anakin Skywalker - Rage - AOTC - 2002
Aurra Sing - 2005
Boba Fett - ROTJ - 2003
Bossk - 2004
Chewbacca - 2004
Clone Trooper - AOTC - 2004
Darth Maul - Fury - TPM - 2002
Darth Sidious - Sith Lord - 2003
Darth Tyrannus / Count Dooku - Dissension - AOTC - 2002 / 2004
Darth Vader - Power - ESB - 2002 / 2004
Darth Vader - Redemption - ROTJ - 2002
Han Solo - ANH - 2003
IG-88 - 2005
Jango and Boba Fett - Intensity - AOTC - 2002
Luke Skywalker - Jedi Knight - ROTJ - 2003
Luke Skywalker - Snowspeeder Pilot - ESB - 2004
Mace Windu - Honor - AOTC - 2002 / 2004
Obi-Wan Kenobi - Jedi Knight - AOTC - 2003 / 2004
Padmé Amidala - Courage - AOTC - 2002
Princess Leia - Sultry - ROTJ - 2002
Stormtrooper - 2005
Tusken Raider - 2004
Yoda - AOTC - 2003

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: January 24, 2005, 11:52 PM »
Sidious is clearly OT in every way except the name.  The pose is classic Emperor and the base is absolutely Death Star, no way around it. 

Yoda's one of my least favorites, to be honest.  Not all that keen on Obi either, but that's because I want an old Obi in just about that exact pose.  Alec Guiness deserves it. 

Jango's my least favorite and I believe I even traded away the baby Boba figure that goes with it.  At best I have no idea where it is. 

My overall biggest gripe is scale.  Jango's huge, Maul's scrawny.  Luke is gigantic, Vader is tiny.  Leia looks to be about 4'5" compared to Han and Chewie, who are in great scale to each other.  Boba's a mutant the size of Yao Ming.  Aayla is tiny, smaller than Padme and Yoda's head is about three times the size of anyone elses, save Chewie.  Why is Yoda's head bigger than Vader's helmet?
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: January 25, 2005, 08:30 AM »
That's something I've noticed too Brent, the scale really jumps around on these things.  Some look great compared to one another, others not so much.  It seems like it has gotten better as the line has progressed, much like the 3 3/4" line evolved too.  I really like this line a lot, although I'll admit it is definitely a space muncher.  I was avoiding the prequel ones too, but finally decided to pick up a Mace Windu with a gift card I got for Christmas, and it is one of my favorite pieces.  Been thinking about getting Dooku and/or Clonetrooper as well.  The others (PT) I can probably pass on for now.  I think I'll be getting the ROTS ones though, I just like the idea that the Obi/Anakin ones might fit together somehow, that could be quite a nice little display.

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: January 25, 2005, 08:45 AM »
I'm like others who weren't really into this line when it was first released.  That all changed when I found the original Bespin Vader.  Too cool to pass up.  Of course, it's been all down hill from there.  I'm all caught up to the Bossk wave, still waiting for IG-88/Stormtrooper/Aurra Sing to hit and then the ROTS Unleashed. 

I have no idea how I'm going to display these though.  Starting to think how to set up my room and I have a lot of **** that needs to be displayed.  Space is definately going to be an issue.  I already told the wife to expect a lot of shelving pretty much on any bare wall in the basement.
Common sense isn't so common

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: January 25, 2005, 01:58 PM »
Space is definately going to be an issue.  I already told the wife to expect a lot of shelving pretty much on any bare wall in the basement.

So true!  I've already expanded out of my Star Wars room into the hall that adjoins it, but I still don't have enough room.  I've bugged my wife alot about knocking out the wall betwen my room and her sewing room, and she's always rolled her eyes at me (after agreeing with me that it's a GREAT idea - she's got a slight knack for sarcasm  ;D).  But the other day she actually suggested that she could move out of that room into the rumpus room in order for me to expand.  Holy sheepshit, Batman!  I wasn't sure if she was just teasing me again, but it could happen.  If it does, look out world - they better start cutting down more trees so that I can cover the walls in shelving!   :D

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #515 on: January 31, 2005, 11:18 PM »
Looks like IG-88 and friends are out now, according to RS

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: January 31, 2005, 11:46 PM »
Looks like IG-88 and friends are out now, according to RS

Hmm, am I capable of any sort of patience at all?  Do I want to continue with this line (Stormtrooper being a no brainer)?  Do I have the space for this line?

SilverZ

« Reply #517 on: February 1, 2005, 12:35 AM »
I certainly don't have space for the line.

It's odd, but for me the line really serves as a temporary desk ornament with a lifespan of about 2-3 months. I get the latest wave, take a liking to one, and leave it out until the next wave comes along. When the new wave hits, I pick another one, and put the previous wave into a box and off to storage. Picking only one I like in a wave for display isn't a rule, it's just that it happens I usually think 2 out of 3 each go round sucks.

IG-88 looks like it will be my next one to display. I'm actually quite disappointed with the stormtrooper and his posing. When an unarticulated Frankenstein-looking droid is depicted in greater dynamic action than a stormtrooper, something is wrong.

But I am a whore and will buy them all. Stupid, stupid whore.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #518 on: February 1, 2005, 02:31 AM »
I dig this line. I'm still missing a RH Vader and the Tusken Raider, who sold very quickly around here.

I have the rest except the newest wave. These things are awesome. I didn't get into them until the second wave, plus I found Maul and Jango on clearance, and I've never looked back.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #519 on: February 1, 2005, 09:09 PM »
851763 Wave 3 - Juli 2005
2x Han Solo as Stormtrooper (removable Helmet)
2x Clonetrooper
2x Chewbacca

Hmmm....from 4-inches

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: February 1, 2005, 09:17 PM »
851763 Wave 3 - Juli 2005
2x Han Solo as Stormtrooper (removable Helmet)
2x Clonetrooper
2x Chewbacca

Hmmm....from 4-inches

One new, two rehashes?????  Odd, but I could live with it.  That would mean an impending Luke as Stormtrooper perhaps, though odd it didn't come out first. 

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: February 2, 2005, 07:49 AM »
Could the clone and Chewie possibly be ROTS versions??  Hasbro has mixed movies before, I don't see why that would stop.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: February 2, 2005, 08:39 AM »
I just saw that this morning as well, and was curious if they would be rehashes or not.  I personally have the feeling that might be the case, although maybe they could modify the Clone to make it ROTS-style.  I'm wondering if the Han will just be a new head on the upcoming Stormtrooper body?  Hopefully it is a new sculpt, it would be nice to get both Han and Luke in disguise.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: February 10, 2005, 08:40 AM »
Some great pics up of the ROTS Unleashed wave over at Galactic Hunter. You can see carded and loose shots of Obi-Wan, Anakin, and General Grievous.  I haven't bought many prequel Unleashed yet, but I've been getting into them more and more, and I think I'll be picking up all three of these.

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: February 10, 2005, 08:48 AM »
Two words: ******* awesome. 

I love, love, love this line.