Author Topic: Galactic Heroes Thread  (Read 353386 times)

Offline Jim

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Playskool Galactic Heroes Thread
« Reply #405 on: December 30, 2005, 06:35 PM »
I forgot to post that I found the new OT rehash packs at Walmart:

Han and Luke Hoth
Luke Endor w/Speeder
Dirty Scout w/Speeder

They went up a $1 in price as well as the basic figs.  The paint aps were different enough for me to buy a set. 

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #406 on: January 3, 2006, 08:20 PM »
They went up a $1 in price as well as the basic figs.

I've seen the new wave at a couple Targets now.  First time I saw (and bought) them, they were $5.89, but then I saw them at a different Targete for the regular $4.79 price, so I re-bought them and returned them on my first receipt.  Hope they don't raise them a buck across the boards though...  So they're up to about $6 at WM's now too, Jim?

The paint aps were different enough for me to buy a set.

That was going to be my question:  Are they painted differently than the original versions, and if so, by how much?  I don't have my original sets handy to check, so I bought the newer ones to play it safe until I figured it out...

So has there been any word on more OT sets coming?  I haven't been paying much attention to the rumormill of late...

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: January 4, 2006, 07:41 AM »
  So they're up to about $6 at WM's now too, Jim?

I found some at WM and they were priced at $5.88.

That was going to be my question: Are they painted differently than the original versions, and if so, by how much? I don't have my original sets handy to check, so I bought the newer ones to play it safe until I figured it out...

I know the biker scout is dirtier than the previously released one.  I think Hoth Han's goggles are a different color.  I'm not too sure on the difference on the Lukes but I'm sure there are some.

So has there been any word on more OT sets coming? I haven't been paying much attention to the rumormill of late...

Here's a post from Brian with some rumored sets, many of them OT. 

I've still been on the fence about this lately batch of repaints, but I'm sort of thinking that if I saw them now, I'd pick them up. Just having the various clones (Utapau style, 501st, and BARC) would be kind of neat.

Rebelscum has another "411" up detailing "other stuff" coming from Hasbro in 2006. Sounds like there could be more Galactic Heroes on the way, which I'm happy about. Here's what they have listed, more details at the link:

Playskool Reissues
Obi-Wan and Darth Maul

New Figures
Sandtrooper & Obi-Wan (possible repack)
Greedo & Han Solo (possible repack)
Luke Skywalker & Han Solo (both in Stormtrooper disguise)
Wedge Antilles & TIE Pilot
Stormtrooper & Rebel Soldier (both in Hoth battle gear)
Darth Vader (possible repack) & Leia Organa (Bespin)
Luke Skywalker (Bespin) & Lando Calrissian

Repaints
Clone Trooper & Battle Droid
Emperor & Red Shock Trooper
Chewbacca & C-3PO

Overall, that doesn't look too bad to me. Between the repacks we've already heard about, and these possible new figures, all the Imperial "trooper" army builders should be around next year - Stormtrooper, Sandtrooper, Hoth Trooper, Biker Scouts, TIE Pilots, etc. Also, Han/Luke Stormtrooper, Luke, Leia, and Lando Bespin, Greedo, and a Wedge! We're getting a mass release carded Wedge figure in the GH line before the basic figure line :P. Good stuff overall I think, and lots of OT goodness.

Common sense isn't so common

Offline Jim

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: January 4, 2006, 05:35 PM »
Matt the apps are definitely noticeable.  The Biker Scout is very dirty.  Also the Luke now has a green camo poncho versus a brown camo that came the first time around.  The Han Hoth now sports a Brown jacket instead of a Blue like the first time.  The Hoth Luke has a green pair of goggles vesus the blue ones the first time around.
« Last Edit: January 4, 2006, 05:46 PM by Jim »

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #409 on: January 5, 2006, 05:45 AM »
Ack!  Guess I'm keeping the little buggers then!

Thanks for the info Mikey and Jim.  Guess it might've helped if I scoped out the prior page too (sorry Brian!)...  :-[

Looks like some decent (new) OT stuff on the way, so that's cool.  Looking forward to finally seeing the OT portion of this line start getting a little love once again.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: January 9, 2006, 04:21 PM »
Looks like some decent (new) OT stuff on the way, so that's cool.  Looking forward to finally seeing the OT portion of this line start getting a little love once again.

Yeah, I'm looking forward to some more OT heroes as well, hopefully they'll be on the pegs before too long.  From that catalogue that was scanned and posted around the web the other day, it looks like a few of those rumored 2 packs might be closer to being confirmed (depending on how accurate the info is in the catalog):

Greedo/Han Solo
TIE Pilot/Wedge
Luke/Han Stormtrooper Disguise
Obi-Wan Kenobi/Sandtrooper

From the looks of those, could possibly be a mix of new and repack/repaints (1st Han, Obi-Wan), but still not too bad overall.  I haven't seen the "new" repacks here yet, but I'm thinking I'd at least like to pick up the Hoth Han/Hoth Luke pack with the paint changes, and maybe another Scout Trooper w/bike, just to have another.  How significant is the difference for the Endor Luke, just a poncho change?  We'll have to see about that one.  Its too bad this line couldn't see a vehicle here or there introduced in 2006.  I know a TIE Fighter, Slave 1, or AT-AT would be pretty cool ;).  I doubt we see that happen though.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: January 18, 2006, 03:59 PM »
I found a couple of GH sets that I didn't have on my lunch break today, but nothing too exciting.  I found and picked up the Luke/Han Hoth repaint set, but that was the only one of the OT sets they had there (at Target).  They also had the repaints from the last ROTS wave, and I picked up the Yoda and Kashyyyk (BARC) Trooper pack.  I just always liked that BARC trooper.  I see on the foot imprint, it still says "Scout Trooper".  No hiding that repaint :P.  It works well though.  I'd like to pick up 1-2 more of the Scout/Bike combos, but they haven't shown up here yet.

On a side note, are people still finding these at Wal-mart?  They don't even have a peg at our local stores, unless they aren't with the main Star Wars aisle area anymore (although I did stroll through the "preschool" aisle and didn't see anything there either).  Our Target seems to really be on board with these though, selling through and restocking regularly (and priced at $4.79).  It isn't necessarily a problem as long as Target carries them, but I was just curious if it was just our WMs, or if this was the case elsewhere.

Offline Jim

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: January 20, 2006, 10:54 AM »

On a side note, are people still finding these at Wal-mart?  They don't even have a peg at our local stores, unless they aren't with the main Star Wars aisle area anymore (although I did stroll through the "preschool" aisle and didn't see anything there either).  Our Target seems to really be on board with these though, selling through and restocking regularly (and priced at $4.79).  It isn't necessarily a problem as long as Target carries them, but I was just curious if it was just our WMs, or if this was the case elsewhere.

These things have been clogging the pegs at 3 WM's near me.  There are always a 1/2 dozen of each. 

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: January 21, 2006, 11:49 PM »
I hadn't bought any of these for a while and had mostly given up, but I won this auction  tonight  Figured it wasn't a bad price to get some different clones out of it. 
« Last Edit: January 21, 2006, 11:50 PM by Morgbug »
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: January 21, 2006, 11:55 PM »
The only one I haven't found yet is the Yoda/BARC Trooper... and I've only seen the Vader/Holo Sidious 1 time and picked it up. Other than that, I'm set, haven't missed a figure. Even scored those early sets at pretty good (retail) prices. I'm actually hoping that they are going to eventually re-issue all of them, because I've got a few buddies who keep threantening to steal my Wampa and Tauntaun if they don't get their own soon  :P

And that's not a bad price on those Brent... nice pick-up.

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: January 22, 2006, 01:09 AM »
I hadn't bought any of these for a while and had mostly given up, but I won this auction  tonight  Figured it wasn't a bad price to get some different clones out of it. 

VERY nice price Brent.  I just ordered those online and I definitely didn't get a price that good.  I haven't actually been buying much from eBay lately.

Offline bobafett14

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Pennsylvania Star Wars Collectors Society
« Reply #416 on: January 22, 2006, 02:34 AM »
Heh, check out the GH Padme/Anakins, they've been hittig ebay for $51++++

Insane!
Star Wars and toy Collector since 1978(age 7).  currently over 6,500 SW items in my personal collection. Collect modern/vintage and everything in-between ;^)

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #417 on: January 22, 2006, 09:51 AM »
I am pretty much all caught it, have not seen the Anakin / Padme set. I think the Anakin is different in that set?
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline SpudTrooper

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: January 22, 2006, 11:14 AM »
WOW i didnt know GH Padme and Anakin was gonna be selling for $50! insane, thanks Dale for the hookup a while back!  ;D

Offline Holographic Elvis

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I'll punch you in the junk!
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: January 22, 2006, 12:47 PM »
I've picked up nearly every set for my nephew.  All he doesn't have is the Stompin Wampa set and the new Speeder Bike w/ Scout Trooper (only cause he already has the Fast Through the Forest set.)

Insane that one of these pieces is reaching that price.