Author Topic: The Walking Dead  (Read 558228 times)

Offline Chris M

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Time to nut up or shut up.
    • View Profile
Re: The Walking Dead
« Reply #2280 on: April 16, 2018, 10:13 AM »
Well...it was what it was.

I was really, really underwhelmed by all of it.  The twist with Maggie and Darryl might be interesting if the writers actually do something. I can't see them being bad guys, but as was mentioned, some sort of rift between them.

The fight with Rick and Negan was boring.  The whole episode was just blah...so much hype and so little anything.  This had to be one of the worst season finales.  There was no tension at all in the episode, and nothing really leading into next season.  I guess we'll find out in October.

I didn't watch FTWD, but I plan to get to it later today.  (Took the day off to deal with what is about to become water damaged home renovation).
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."  Ben franklin

Embrace the suck.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #2281 on: April 16, 2018, 10:15 AM »
Yeah.... it was amazingly obvious what was going ot happen with those bullets as soon as Eugene had Negan try a few, and even moreso when you saw that no one else fired a shot until they were ALL going to fire at once.

Alright though, Eugene wasn't bad.

Also, in real life I'm a lock-'em-up-forever kind of guy who's not big on the death penalty, but in Walking Dead life, I'm on team Maggie in terms of Negan.

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #2282 on: April 16, 2018, 11:20 AM »
The season ended the way All Out War ended in the comics...kinda meh.

I'm guessing the Maggie/Jesus/Darryl plot will also, most likely, follow the comics....they're going to hatch a plan to kill Negan at some point, but they'll eventually not kill him.

I'm about halfway through FTWD, and I like what's going on.  I have a feeling half the season will be updating the audience on what everyone was doing throughout the time jump.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline BillCable

• Jedi General
  • CreatureCantina.com SUCKS!!
    • View Profile
    • CreatureCantina.com
« Reply #2283 on: April 16, 2018, 11:29 AM »
Big finale!  NOBODY DIES!!

Well, except for nameless fodder...
Bill Cable - Steeler Fan & Star Wars Collector
  http://CreatureCantina.com       
"Cable is incapable of contributing anything positive to this world" - cstoj

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #2284 on: April 16, 2018, 12:23 PM »
Lauren Cohan hasn't signed back up, seems unlikely she'll be a regular on the series.

Next season, big time jump and Maggie will have died off screen,  and her kid is a teenager.

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2285 on: April 17, 2018, 11:35 AM »
Finished The Fear season premier last night and thought it was interesting that we see everyone but Daniel and Madison.  I have a feeling that Madison has been separated from her kids and Strand since the season 3 finale, and has set up a safe place that they will encounter in the next couple of episodes.  I have no clue where Daniel is, and I'm not sure if I care.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Chris M

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2286 on: April 20, 2018, 06:17 AM »
I watched FTWD last night and actually enjoyed the episode immensely.  To me it had the feel of earlier TWD episodes.  It seemed to offer the glimpses of hope and kindness and then shatters it.

As the episode ended, I found myself intrigued by the direction that the original characters have gone during the time hop.  I wonder if in some fashion they turned from trying to be good people to literally becoming the bad guys. Perhaps not bad, but definitely not extremely concerned with being decent.  I'm looking forward to the next episode.
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."  Ben franklin

Embrace the suck.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #2287 on: April 20, 2018, 05:01 PM »
My mother likes TWD...  but we both kinda were meh after the finale last week and think we are just bored with it.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2288 on: April 23, 2018, 12:17 PM »
Since Westworld took priority of FTWD last night, I am putting in a placeholder so I can see new comments and not get spoiled.  :D
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #2289 on: April 23, 2018, 06:17 PM »
FTWD has mech suits now. Our "heroes" are living in a stadium and have taught walkers how to play baseball.  The villains are the Great Northern Tribe led by Bruce Spence.

I forgot how Into the Badlands ended last season. Their world still makes no sense, but it's a decent show.

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #2290 on: April 24, 2018, 01:22 AM »
That stadium is about 15 miles from me! It belongs to the Round Rock Express, minor league team for the Rangers, and owned by Nolan Ryan's son Reid. Fear was filming there most of last summer/fall.

The team is doing a Walking Dead night next month, where the team will wear the uniforms from the show. I preordered the Armadillos hat they made a small amount of. :)
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Chris M

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2291 on: April 24, 2018, 06:19 AM »
^^That's pretty cool.

Being a Texan, I do get tired of the stereotypes.  FTWD has definitely played into that with that new character.  It's a bit annoying.  We don't all walk around with hats, boots, and a revolver on our hip.

Embrace the suck.

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2292 on: April 24, 2018, 05:15 PM »
So in the 2.5 year time jump, Madison found her kids and Strand, made it to Texas, spent several months making the stadium into a fortress for it all to be taken down in 12 hours by lil' Negan and his band of travelling ********?
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #2293 on: April 24, 2018, 06:33 PM »
Lmao @ “lil Negan and his band of traveling ********”.

I’d go see that band.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #2294 on: April 25, 2018, 10:44 AM »
^^That's pretty cool.

Being a Texan, I do get tired of the stereotypes.  FTWD has definitely played into that with that new character.  It's a bit annoying.  We don't all walk around with hats, boots, and a revolver on our hip.

Having lived in Texas for six years I can say that you're absolutely right.  You don't all do that. 

But most of you do.   :)