Author Topic: 2024 March Madness Poll  (Read 1196 times)

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: 2024 March Madness Poll
« Reply #45 on: March 27, 2024, 11:38 AM »
I ended up voting for Pong Krell in the finals... even though I'd rather have Baylan in my collection.

Just on principle I didn't want to vote for two of the main characters from a new media show that has been out for less than a year, especially since they are both lightsaber wielders. Hasbro and LFL should know that we want these and they should already be in the line anyways. It's not surprising to see the fanbase so divided over this poll, that's really par for the course for Star Wars fandom these days. I do wish more people would look at these as an opportunity to vote in never-before-made characters or figures that Hasbro wouldn't likely consider otherwise, but realistically I want 61 of the 64 figures on that list, and was mostly fine with the starting choices. It's sad that it will take so long to get any of them made with the way the line is today.

I was really hoping Baze Malbus or Luthen would win, those were at the top of my list. But I do like the look of him and enjoyed the episode arc he was in. I'd happily buy him if Hasbro ever made him.
"This is the way."

Offline Muftak

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Cardboard Entrepreneur
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 27, 2024, 12:08 PM »
I voted out both of these characters in the first round, so for the final I put it down to who I would pick up at the store if I could only take one.

I haven't seen the episodes of Clone Wars with Pong Krell. Baylon was one of the only characters in the Ahsoka series I liked. So I went with Baylon. If I was putting money on the outcome, though, I would probably go the other way.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 27, 2024, 12:29 PM »

At the very least I do think Pong Krell is an interesting character design.

He's Dexter Jettster with lightsabers.  But still better than another Ahsoka!

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #48 on: March 27, 2024, 12:33 PM »
He's Dexter Jettster with lightsabers.

Oh man, yet another opportunity for a Hasbro double-dip / parts re-use.  No wonder they planted votes to get him into the final two. >:D
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 27, 2024, 12:50 PM »
That’s the spirit!

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 27, 2024, 12:56 PM »
He's Dexter Jettster with lightsabers.

Oh man, yet another opportunity for a Hasbro double-dip / parts re-use.  No wonder they planted votes to get him into the final two. >:D

LOL!  Their evil plans are coming to fruition!  Muhahahahahaha!!!
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback