Author Topic: Boba Fett Mail-Away Offer?  (Read 64791 times)

Offline ctonra

• Jedi Initiate
  • J316
    • View Profile
Re: 2010 Boba Fett Mail-Away Offer?
« Reply #30 on: January 16, 2010, 04:27 PM »
Just a thought the first time we saw Boba Fett in the Vintage line he was a sneak pick at what was coming in Empire.   Could this Fett be a sneak peak at what is coming in the Live action TV Show?
Stimpy, sometimes your wealth of ignorance astounds me.

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 18, 2010, 01:32 PM »
This niftly little slide pretty much confirms the Boba Fett mail-away. ;D I'm hoping that he includes a diorama like the mail-away Captain Rex and upcoming Nahdarr Vebb's... the background of the Star Destroyer where he and the bounty hunters meet Vader would be nice.
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 19, 2010, 10:35 AM »
This niftly little slide pretty much confirms the Boba Fett mail-away. ;D I'm hoping that he includes a diorama like the mail-away Captain Rex and upcoming Nahdarr Vebb's... the background of the Star Destroyer where he and the bounty hunters meet Vader would be nice.

The thing that gets me, is that it doesn't look like they are really doing ANYTHING for the first 8 or 9 months. Where is the slide that says WHEN the actual new figure Waves will be released? That's the one I want to see.

Or would it just be a big friggin dartboard?
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 19, 2010, 11:44 AM »
I have made it known that I don't hold too much stock in the validaty of these slides. At this point it kinda won't shock me either way - thats the state of mind I have got myself into because I guess nothing real substantial has been 100% confirmed at this point.

Whats bugging me now?  Why are the slides "trickling" out?  I assume that the slides are coming from the same "source", so the release of 1-2 power point slides a week baffles me.  I would just, I'll use the word again, assume that whoever is releasing these slides has them all.  So why don't we?  Whats with the tease? 

Also, though this is minor, some of the slides have the "subject to change" disclaimer on them, and some do not.

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #34 on: January 19, 2010, 11:58 AM »
Why are the slides "trickling" out?  I assume that the slides are coming from the same "source", so the release of 1-2 power point slides a week baffles me.  I would just, I'll use the word again, assume that whoever is releasing these slides has them all.  So why don't we?  Whats with the tease?

The point is not to blow your load all at once. Releasing info like this is a guaranteed driver of site traffic with one ultimate goal: forcing visitors to come back for more by checking the respective sites every day and/or hour for the next spoon fed morsel. It is completely intentional.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2010, 11:58 AM by Jayson »
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 19, 2010, 12:25 PM »
ah that makes sense looking at it from a site's director point of view.  I also didn't put it all together until just now that JTA was the site exclusively getting these leaks first.

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #36 on: January 19, 2010, 01:52 PM »
Just a thought the first time we saw Boba Fett in the Vintage line he was a sneak pick at what was coming in Empire.   Could this Fett be a sneak peak at what is coming in the Live action TV Show?

That's the coolest idea ever..

I'm curious about the "TV MOVIE EVENT" in the Fall listed on the slide...
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 19, 2010, 02:01 PM »

That's the coolest idea ever..

I'm curious about the "TV MOVIE EVENT" in the Fall listed on the slide...

That is a great idea, it would be nice to get any kind of info/preview of the live action series.  I'm wondering if the "TV MOVIE EVENT" is the broadcast premiere of Clone Wars.  It'll have been two years this fall, and sometimes the lower box office earning movies make it to cable in that time.

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #38 on: January 20, 2010, 09:13 AM »
Here's my take on the mail away Fett.  I bet we get a nice carded Fett sometime next year.  It will be the existing Evolutions Fett with a movie acurate paintjob.  The "vinatge" card will be from Jedi with Fett on the Sailbarge.  The mail away will be the same figure with a vinatge figure paintjob, on the original vinatge card where he is shown using his flame thrower.   

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 21, 2010, 08:27 PM »
The mail away will be the same figure with a vinatge figure paintjob, on the original vinatge card where he is shown using his flame thrower.   

The only problems with a vintage Boba (IMO) are this:

ONE - we've already gotten our fair share of Boba's, and Hasbro's already pretty much made the ultimate Fett w/ the Evolutions set.

TWO - the vintage cardback was already re-released in the 2004 Vintage Original trilogy Collection.

So either Hasbro better come up with something new, stick a $100 bill into the packaging, or sculpt this figure out of gold.
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #40 on: January 21, 2010, 08:35 PM »
But that was the ROTJ nameplate card. Maybe it'll be the vintage deco on the Evo figure with the ESB  nameplate (41 back) card.
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #41 on: January 21, 2010, 08:36 PM »
OOPS...I totally forgot thet he came out in 2004 on that card...maybe they'll make his Jedi sarclacc pit battle card...

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 21, 2010, 08:51 PM »
Why are the slides "trickling" out?  I assume that the slides are coming from the same "source", so the release of 1-2 power point slides a week baffles me.  I would just, I'll use the word again, assume that whoever is releasing these slides has them all.  So why don't we?  Whats with the tease?

The point is not to blow your load all at once. Releasing info like this is a guaranteed driver of site traffic with one ultimate goal: forcing visitors to come back for more by checking the respective sites every day and/or hour for the next spoon fed morsel. It is completely intentional.

I wish it was really that calculated.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2010, 08:52 PM by Nicklab »
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #43 on: February 4, 2010, 10:44 AM »
This is from thsi weeks Q&A at Yodasnews...check out the response

YN: I love the OTC figures you've been doing lately, specifically the cantina aliens. Keep up the good work. I display the new stuff and some vintage Kenner stuff as well in my collection. Recently I was comparing my robust collection of modern cantina aliens to the 5 (Blue Snaggletooth) vintage cantina figures and realized how sorry a lot they are. I would love to fill out the old Kenner cantina playset with some more figures. To that end, do you think it would ever be possible to produce new "Kenner" style figures (5 points of articulation) of some different cantina aliens as either a pack in to a battle pack or a mail away figure? I'd love to see your take on what Dr. Evazon or Brainiac would have looked like if they actually were produced in the original Kenner run with some 70's deco. I know that this would mostly be collector focused and that it could be argued that figures like Wuher and Dr. Evazon could already be considered in that style in their current form but they're not really the same. Give it some consideration.

Hasbro: We have looked at this numerous times over the past couple of years, and have decided that we would move forward with the new sculpting, deco, and articulation, rather than look back. The reason is that there are a lot of diverse collecting interests in Star Wars, but we need to keep focused on the heart and soul of collector demand, which is the realistic-style modern aesthetic. There will be one important exception to this that we will announce officially at Toy Fare in a couple weeks, but there will not be any return to the simpler style of figures we grew up with.

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 4, 2010, 10:52 AM »
Sounds like we'll get a Fett with the vintage paint scheme.  It'll be interesting to see if they just take an existing figure or of we'll get one that's slightly modfied, maybe one with a helmet that echos the styling of the vintage Kenner piece, with the fixed range finder. 

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"