Author Topic: UGP - a Star Wars WORLD! - news thread  (Read 44174 times)

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
Re: The Ultimate Group Project - a Star Wars WORLD!
« Reply #105 on: June 22, 2006, 01:32 PM »
It's called E-Z water, and it's one of the best products I've seen in my life.

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline Joerhyno

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: June 22, 2006, 01:41 PM »
yep, that's the name, I was trying to do a search on it... I never used it before, I just bought a bag(they come in little pellets) one time.. I read a review somewhere that it turns yellow? Is that the older kind, does the newer stuff not yellow? THat'd kinda suck to have yellow water, lol.
Make sure you visit, Good to go Customs.
Your one stop shop for 1:18th custom needs!

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: June 22, 2006, 02:12 PM »
I've never seen it turn yellow. The color of the "water" really reflects what is underneith it. If you paint it sky blue, it's going to appear sky blue. If you put a coat of river rock brown beneith it, it will look more realistic. To give it the "water" look, your supposed to tease the top a little with a blow dryer. It's fun.

Kevin

Offline Glassman6

• Jedi Padawan
  • Hey...Its Me!
    • View Profile
    • Glassman's Customs
« Reply #108 on: June 22, 2006, 03:38 PM »
here are some rough 3d blocks to better explain the concept i was suggesting.

Offline Quazar

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: June 22, 2006, 03:47 PM »
That looks flippin' sweet, but I am not sure I like the "wall" separting the city from the wilderness.

I think the town should kind of taper off into the woods/jungle.  Maybe with some mountains creeping
in to make a natural border, as seen in Chewie's pic.

But this looks great.  I love the idea of the Imperial tower lording over everything.
Sith Lords Are Our Speciality

Offline Joerhyno

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: June 22, 2006, 04:29 PM »
I'm liking this new one... I kinda like the wall, If I were an Impeial Higher ranking officer stuck on some remote mudball, I think I'd want a wall seperating me from the wilderness while I sleep at night.

A couple of things I'd like to see is a little less forest... maybe after the wall, we can have some rolling hills plainlands.. then a small forest/swamp(might be easier to do swamp like trees than fll spring time leafy trees anyway).. then the rocks and mountains.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: June 22, 2006, 04:37 PM »
Looks really good Glassman.  I think that if a wilderness scene is created though, the forest would need to be less dense, that way we could include more customs in it, perhaps a Rebel bunker, a landspeeder, etc.  And some sort of creature or two.  I do like the idea of a tall Imperial tower.

As for a swamp, I'll take some pics of something I have that might look really good for trees... here's a sneak peak at what I mean -

That's not the best pic in the world, but on the right side of the pic you can kind of see the tree I am referring to, they are from aquariums (can get at Petco).  Kind of pricey, but they look awesome in person.

We can also use real wood too... sorry for another photonovel pic, but here's what I mean... real wood and also that fake shrubbery stuff can look cool on a forest floor -

On the idea of dinosaurs... I love dinosaurs, but straight up dinosaurs I think would look out of place.  Not that this is the ideal creature, but for example I think some sort of beasts of burden native to the planet, kind of like this might look good for it -

:)

Offline CloneCommander1

• Jedi Initiate
  • Oh no you did-nt!
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: June 22, 2006, 04:46 PM »
Great job Glassman!  It looks really good.  I aggree with CHEWIE on the fact that it should be less dense.  For instance, we could have an imperial shuttle in a clearing with a patrol of troops.  Kinda like the jungle that Anakin and the clones land on when searching for Asajj.  Also, good work with the trees and shrubs, I think those would look great as our jungle.
It's not just football, it's Notre Dame football!

Offline VF/501

• Youngling
  • From the water we're born, and in the fire we die
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: June 22, 2006, 05:26 PM »
Can't contribute much right now but I did design a security/police member.

It uses the OTC Jedi luke torso and arms and the legs, head, helmet, holster and gun of the OTC cloud car pilot.  Paint it to macth the palnetary color scheme and you have a security/police guard.  LMK what u think.
Palpatine:Lord Vader
Vader:Master, my suit chafes
Palps:Do you use Darkside
Vader:Yes master
Palps:In time you will learn the true power of the darkside
Vader:Which is
To stop chafing in clothes

Offline roron corobb

• Jedi Padawan
  • May the Force be with You
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: June 22, 2006, 05:41 PM »
here are some rough 3d blocks to better explain the concept i was suggesting.

Great job, but if those ships are to scale I think we are going over the top with this poject, ;D lol.
roron corobb
I'm one of the most well-regarded Ithorian Jedi Masters, having trained as Yarael Poof's Padawan. Roron Corobb
my feedback link

Offline Smartypants1635

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • Sith empire
« Reply #115 on: June 22, 2006, 05:59 PM »
I'd say maybe 6 pingpong tabels would fit that. :D

Anyway, Glass I really like it, but I think a few buildings should be very tall, but not as tall as the tower, but enough to differentiate the different buildings in the area. A few skyscrapers here, and there :P.

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: June 22, 2006, 06:37 PM »
Should our first course of action be to confirm a size for the entire project, and work from there?

Kevin

Offline Glassman6

• Jedi Padawan
  • Hey...Its Me!
    • View Profile
    • Glassman's Customs
« Reply #117 on: June 22, 2006, 08:02 PM »

...but if those ships are to scale I think we are going over the top with this poject, ;D lol.
roron corobb

Yeah, i realize that its not to scale, it's just the concept. The ships i just scaled down so they could fit. Maybe big crusiers cant land here. Maybe shuttles are the biggest ship this port cna handle?  That will keep the size down to a more reasonable one.

But again this is just one idea, i'm sure once everyone gets going there will be better and more realistic.  I hope.
Good call on the forest chewie & CC1.

Offline Joerhyno

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: June 22, 2006, 08:55 PM »
I was thinking about doing some mini mock ups with some trees and such to see what we can come up with.. nothing big maybe a 12"x12" a couple different landscapes.. trees, swamps, grass lands, rocks... anyone wanna help?

I was also wondering if we could post our USERNAME and say, where we're from, maybe if we have a couple people in the same area, they could get together and help eachother out?

If you guys think that's a good Idea.. just Quote mine and add to it ;)

JoeRhyno-Chicago, IL

« Last Edit: June 22, 2006, 09:04 PM by Joerhyno »

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: June 22, 2006, 09:11 PM »
CHEWIE - St. Louis, MO

:)