Author Topic: 6" Black Series Store Finds and Recent Purchases  (Read 211680 times)

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
Re: 6" Black Series Store Finds and Recent Purchases
« Reply #750 on: September 29, 2020, 02:32 PM »
Found the Cad Bane wave at Target today. Hasbro is killing us right now.

Sweet Christmas!  I'm going to need a loan from the bank...
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #751 on: September 29, 2020, 06:20 PM »
I'm going to need a loan from the bank...

I'm a casual 6" figure collector so my wallet is fine, but I was wondering how the hell you guys are keeping up with all of this and if the double-dip on like EVERY figure lately is starting to piss you all off or not just yet?

I look back at the last few months...
- Repacks/repaints of the whole Rebels crew
- 6" hoth dude - 40th carded and standard box
- 6" ESB Vader - 40th carded and standard box
- 6" Dagobah Luke - 40th Carded and DLX box with Yoda
- 6" Snowspeeder Luke - 40th Carded and standard box
- 6" Beskar Armor Mando - standard box and rumored pack w/The Child
- 6" The Child - $10 box and pack-in with Mando DLX set
- 6" Armorer - Convention box and standard box
- 6" Cad Bane - Convention box and standard box
- 6" Endor Luke - standard box and Heroes of Endor set
- 6" Endor Leia - standard box and Heroes of Endor set
- 6" Endor Han - standard box and Heroes of Endor set

And that's just what I can remember.  Start adding in the Carbonized repaints and the Credit Collection Repaints and stuff... 
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #752 on: September 29, 2020, 06:51 PM »
And that's just what I can remember.  Start adding in the Carbonized repaints and the Credit Collection Repaints and stuff... 

Don't forget about the Holiday repaints.  And Archive with the new face applications.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2020, 07:03 PM by P-Siddy »

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #753 on: September 29, 2020, 06:54 PM »
I can't get pissed because no one's forcing me to buy doubles. I buy the 40th stuff and if it then gets rereleased I pass. I have some but not all carbonized. I'll skip some con stuff or sell off basic release. Easy to skip most of Holiday stuff. I've skipped most of the non 40th real likeness updates. It's the people that feel obligated to have it all that this has to get to. I used to be them. I'm glad my days of feeling that way have passed. And aren't the people that are most angry with this the reason they can keep doing it?
« Last Edit: September 29, 2020, 06:59 PM by GrandMoffNick »
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #754 on: September 29, 2020, 07:06 PM »
I can't get pissed because no one's forcing me to buy doubles. I buy the 40th stuff and if it then gets rereleased I pass. I have some but not all carbonized. I'll skip some con stuff or sell off basic release. Easy to skip most of Holiday stuff. I've skipped most of the non 40th real likeness updates. It's the people that feel obligated to have it all that this has to get to. I used to be them. I'm glad my days of feeling that way have passed. And aren't the people that are most angry with this the reason they can keep doing it?

I feel the same way about the updates. I don't feel like dropping another $20 on a figure I already own and the updates don't do anything more for me, so I pass.  It's nice to have that freedom to just pass it by if I see it on the pegs.

Online Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #755 on: September 30, 2020, 09:34 AM »
I stopped being a carded and loose collector long ago, and stopped being a completist a couple years ago, but this can be a grey area. 

Some easy passes for me have been skipping all the new face paint versions, Credit Collection, and most carbonized figures.

Some are more difficult - I'm still a little torn on the new ROTJ Boba Fett coming out.  I know he is slightly different than the ESB one I've already got, and comes with some new accessories., but I don't think I'm going to get him.  A different belt and accessories I'm not likely to display probably aren't enough for me to get him. 

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #756 on: September 30, 2020, 10:30 AM »
I stopped being a carded and loose collector long ago, and stopped being a completist a couple years ago, but this can be a grey area. 

This. I'm opening just about all of my 6" stuff, so the packaging variations are an easy skip for me.  I'm not sure where I have room to display them loose, let alone boxed.  I am keeping the vintage carded ones on the card for now, so that's added expense for sure.

Some easy passes for me have been skipping all the new face paint versions, Credit Collection, and most carbonized figures.

Not this.  I'm still a sucker for variations and new paint schemes.  The holiday stuff is goofy, so I skipped that, but I'm all in on the rest of it.
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #757 on: September 30, 2020, 08:30 PM »
It's the people that feel obligated to have it all that this has to get to.

Guilty as charged.  :D

I’m pretty much going nuts the past few weeks with the relentless onslaught of new stuff. I don’t mind all the weird variants and repacks, but they have got to start spacing stuff out more. It’s just overkill right now. You have to be really committed to keep up with everything.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #758 on: October 5, 2020, 09:08 PM »
I ordered the GameStop trooper today.  I also found a 40AC Rebel trooper and the Kamino Clone Trooper. 
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #759 on: October 6, 2020, 12:36 AM »
I’ve actually been buying more of the variants/repaints due to the pandemic forcing Hasbro to sell them all online. If this were like the Carbonite Mandalorian at Target where you have to resort to paying $60+ on eBay, I wouldn’t care.

That said, I also buy 6 inch figures from Japan, so any army builders are duplicated there instead of buying multiple Hasbro figures.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Online Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #760 on: October 13, 2020, 09:37 AM »
Anybody find any good Amazon Prime Day deals for Star Wars?  6", Vintage, Lego, anything?   I scrolled through about twenty pages of Star Wars "deals", but didn't really see much of anything noteworthy.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #761 on: October 15, 2020, 05:11 PM »
Picked up an extra Mountain Trooper I found buried on a random endcap at Target. No sign of the new GE guys yet, or the Holiday Trooper, Credit Collection Cara Dune, etc.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #762 on: October 16, 2020, 04:31 PM »
Anybody find any good Amazon Prime Day deals for Star Wars?  6", Vintage, Lego, anything?   I scrolled through about twenty pages of Star Wars "deals", but didn't really see much of anything noteworthy.

I saw the Chewie and Threepio Amazon exclusive down to $35.  I just paid $45 a few weeks ago for it, but was too busy/lazy to try to get credit for the difference.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #763 on: October 17, 2020, 07:46 PM »
After a long string of positive shipping experiences, I guess I was due for the other kind. Credit Collection IG-11 showed up today on an extremeLy jacked up card, all bent and twisted. Box looked fine and it had plenty of air pillows inside, so I have to think they shipped it this way in the first place. Pretty weak sauce.

Luckily he is still in stock so hoping they can just replace it but still an annoying hassle.   

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #764 on: October 18, 2020, 09:35 AM »
I was shocked to find the new Black Series Stormtrooper in a WalMart store the other day!  Of all of the figures in the wave this was the only one left behind.  I get the feeling that someone might have stashed it somewhere and an employee found it and put it back on the pegs.  But I have to say, this Stormtrooper looks amazing!
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback