Author Topic: Stargate SG-1 and Atlantis figures  (Read 82593 times)

Offline knashdx

• Jedi Knight
  • I see Llama's
    • View Profile
Re: Stargate SG-1 and Atlantis figures
« Reply #105 on: March 22, 2007, 02:50 PM »
Any word on when Series 3 is due out? BBTS shows March and that ends next week. EE is showing April, and I suspect that May not be that far out of the relm of possibility here soon.
I have been told to go to hell; well at least I will know everyone there!

Offline knashdx

• Jedi Knight
  • I see Llama's
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: March 28, 2007, 01:34 PM »
Diamond Select posted a story about a Mail-A-Way figure for the Stargate Atlantis Wave of fgures.

Story...

Free Stargate Atlantis Figures From DST!

With our third assortment of Stargate SG-1 figures shipping soon and the debut wave of Stargate Atlantis figures currently in development, DST is ready to announce the first promotion involving the next successful Stargate series.  Available as a limited promotional figure, the fan-favorite “Steve the Wraith” action figure will be distributed this fall as a free action figure from DST!

As with the previously released Elite Serpent Guard offer, Steve the Wraith will be available to customers who complete a mail-in form located inside the Stargate Atlantis wave’s packaging and send four proofs of purchase to DST.  This exclusive repainted Wraith will be limited, making this a must-have action figure for any Stargate fan.

In addition to this special offer, the first two waves of Stargate Atlantis action figures will also include pieces of the Atlantis gate itself which can be assembled into a figure-sized Stargate perfect for any display.  Details concerning these offers will be revealed as the assortment’s fall release date approaches.

It also appears that the SG-1 Wave 3 figures are being pushed back a week to 4/18/2007 according to DST. Repli-Carter is set for 4/4/07 release and Daniel Jackson/Anubis 2-pack is being pushed back 2 weeks to 5/29/2007.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2007, 01:46 PM by knashdx »

Offline knashdx

• Jedi Knight
  • I see Llama's
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: April 16, 2007, 03:50 PM »
I received my 2 replacement Samantha Carter pieces in the mail the weekend. It was the only highlight of the week due to me having the flu.

Offline knashdx

• Jedi Knight
  • I see Llama's
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: April 17, 2007, 07:39 AM »
According to Diamond Selects shipping web site the Previews Exclusive Vala and the rest of Series 3 are shipping this week!!!
« Last Edit: April 17, 2007, 07:42 AM by knashdx »

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #109 on: April 17, 2007, 04:17 PM »
Nice. I'm glad they aren't getting bumped to May. I was concerned for awhile there that they would be released while I was at C4 and I'd get hit with a $50 bill I wasn't aware of.

I hope I can still mail away for the Carter gate pieces, I just realized I never did that. But I did get another Red Guard in the mail the other day. :)
"This is the way."

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #110 on: April 20, 2007, 09:40 AM »
I got my shipping cofirmation from New Force today. :)
"This is the way."

Offline knashdx

• Jedi Knight
  • I see Llama's
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: April 20, 2007, 12:49 PM »
Got my Pile of Loot notice from BBTS this morning. They have the Vala's in, but not the other 4 yet. I figure I will get the notification either later today or Monday. Either way the figures will sit till I the Repli-Carter comes in and maybe the Anubis pack. That way I get more bang for my shipping buck.

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: April 24, 2007, 10:37 AM »
I have a question on the Gate that comes with the figures in Waves 1 and 2.  Is it the same gate in both sets or are they different?  Meaning, could I pick up the appropriate series 1 and 2 figs and make a gate or do I need all figs from series 1 for it to work?

The other question I had is on the size...from looking at the figures it seems like the gate might work well with 3.75" figures and was wondering if that was the case? 

I saw them at the DST booth at WW Philly last year but looked at the figures more than the gate and don't really recall all the details.  And the photos here and on some other sites I looked at didn't really answer those questions for me (unless I missed it).  I'm not really interested in the figures that much but would like the gate if it's something that could be used with GI Joe and SW sized figures for display purposes.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #113 on: April 24, 2007, 12:46 PM »
Each character came with a different gate piece, ie you wouldn't need every Jack O'Neill. All three O'Neill figures have the same gate piece. You'd need at least one of each of Jack, Sam, Daniel and Teal'c though. And the Aliens Thor and the Serpant guard each come with half the ramp. The gate is clost to scale for 3 3/4" figures but it is actually 2" too small in diameter (I think it was 2" anyways. I measured it a while ago, I remember it being too small for sure though.
"This is the way."

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: April 24, 2007, 01:49 PM »
Thanks for the info Ryan.  Sounds like it's a decent scale for 3.75" figures then.  Are the parts of the series 1 and series 2 gates interchangeable?  If I pick up some figures I might try to at least get ones that I like as long as they each have a unique piece of the gate.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #115 on: April 24, 2007, 03:01 PM »
The parts from series 1 and 2 form one gate. Jack and Daniel were Series 1, Teal'c and Sam were Series 2. So if you were to just pick up Series 2 figures there'd be no way to build a complete gate. There were three different O'Neill figures in series 1 and three different Teal'c figs in series 2, so you could potentially pass on two of each of those, as long as you have one of each  Teal'c, Sam, Daniel, and Jack.

The gate is fairly close to scale with 3 3/4" figures, I guess it really isn't that far off from a lot of the vehicles Hasbro gives us.
"This is the way."

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: April 24, 2007, 03:16 PM »
Gotcha.  At least that way I could build the 4-man team and end up with the Gate which works fine. Thanks again, Ryan.

E...

Offline knashdx

• Jedi Knight
  • I see Llama's
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: April 26, 2007, 02:48 PM »
Gotcha.  At least that way I could build the 4-man team and end up with the Gate which works fine. Thanks again, Ryan.

E...

E

If you want an extra gate without buying multiple figures I believe I have everyone but the Samantha Carter piece for the gate. All you would have to do is go over the Diamond Selects website and put in the request for the missing piece. If you want them let me know and I will mail you what I have. I know for sure that I have 2 Jack O'Neil pieces, 5-9 Teal'c pieces and I might have an extra Daniel Jackson.

Offline knashdx

• Jedi Knight
  • I see Llama's
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: April 27, 2007, 11:09 AM »
I have confirmed that I have 1 of each person except the Carter. If you want it, it is yours. I just want to get it the heck out of my house so there is no charge!!!

Offline knashdx

• Jedi Knight
  • I see Llama's
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: April 30, 2007, 03:20 PM »
I started going through all my figures and I feel slighted that the Daniel piece for series 3 comes with the same piece he had in Series 1. I like the crystal skull, but he should have come with a MALP instead of another gate piece. Between the Daniels, Jacks, and Teal'c pieces I have enough pieces for 4-5 gates. I am keeping 2 sending one to EFRANKS, and I have no idea what I will do with the rest.