Author Topic: G.I. Joe Toys Thread  (Read 105140 times)

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #645 on: November 3, 2009, 02:33 PM »
I saw all 5 sets of those at TJ Maxx a few weeks ago for $15, but they had a mark through the price and a handwritten price of $10.00 each. 

Went back about 2 days later, and all were sold out except the Desto set.

Offline JohnH

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
    • DC Collector Universe
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #646 on: November 3, 2009, 06:46 PM »
I decided to take a trip by a Marshall's & TJ Maxx on the way home.  The Marshall's had one each of #3 and #4, so I'm all set with #4 now.  Just need #5 if anyone happens to find one.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #647 on: November 3, 2009, 09:06 PM »
Picked up Charbroil and Resolute SE for $5 a pop tonight at WM while wasting gas looking for their exclusives.   ::)

Good price though.  I'll be more willing to pick up more of the newer Joes if the prices stay this low, if not then...screw it.
« Last Edit: November 3, 2009, 09:22 PM by iFett »
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #648 on: November 3, 2009, 10:56 PM »
As much as I've been tempted to get some more Joes lately, there's just been too much great SW Legacy stuff hitting my area lately to have the money for this line.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #649 on: November 3, 2009, 11:06 PM »
Found the remnants of the wave 5 case (with Resolute/City Strike SE) tonight. I knew I should have gone earlier to see if I could score the SE, but at least that wave is making the rounds. Hopefully I find it this shopping season.  :)
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #650 on: November 6, 2009, 10:25 AM »
Not sure if this is old news since I'm not much of a Joe guy, but here are coupons to get the Troop Builder 5-Packs and the SROfficer 3-Packs for just $9.99 each.  Coupons are good today (11/6) and tomorrow (11/7) only.

I may actually pull the trigger on the Firefly/Greenshirts set if I can find one for $10, that's some nice cheap custom fodder.  :)
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #651 on: November 6, 2009, 10:31 AM »
I may actually pull the trigger on the Firefly/Greenshirts set if I can find one for $10, that's some nice cheap custom fodder.  :)

I know which TRU you shop at and it's not going to happen   ;)  They might have some Crimson Guard sets though.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #652 on: November 6, 2009, 10:34 AM »
I know which TRU you shop at

Yeah, but I still have TRU by work too...  and they still had two when I was there yesterday.  ;)
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #653 on: November 6, 2009, 10:39 AM »
Yeah, but I still have TRU by work too...  and they still had two when I was there yesterday.  ;)

Not if I have anything to say about it! 

j/k - I know you have a SE & SS somewhere in your SW room - stashed and hidden away from the public eye.   Admit it  :)

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #654 on: November 7, 2009, 04:25 PM »
Found some 25th wave 13 on Canadian cards at my local Gordmans. I picked up a Cobra Ninja, Trooper, and two Divers. Best part? They're only $5 plus your state's share. So if you're looking for international variants or cheap army builders, it might be in your interest to hit up your local one.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #655 on: November 7, 2009, 04:50 PM »
Saw the new $15ish vehicles out in the wild today.  Look kinda neat, but I'm not going there.  Scored the mini battle stations and they're very simple, but very cool at the same time even though I haven't opened them yet.  One WM had them stashed on the bottom shelf in the clearance aisle and the other had them displayed on the AF endcap. 

Hit a Marshalls and TJMaxx this morning and saw DVD sets 3 & 4, but no 5.  Did score an IG 3 pack for $5 though so that was neato!

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #656 on: November 7, 2009, 08:33 PM »
I'm still looking for those Battle Stations. They also got another damn case of wave 1 Alpha vehicles instead of wave 2.  ::)
But I did get the other 2 exclusive 2-packs I needed. Got myself a Resolute Gung-Ho and a Night Force Shockwave- not bad. The Night Creeper is great, and Copperhead is, well, another Copperhead. At least he's in Python Patrol colors, since I didn't get my hands on the Sting Raider.

Offline JohnH

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
    • DC Collector Universe
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #657 on: November 9, 2009, 10:41 PM »
So there was a third series of Combat Heroes?

http://www.cooltoyreview.com/story/front/Photo_Archive_GI_Joe_Combat_Heroes_127537.asp

WTF...I had no idea these even existed.  Anyone see them at retail?

John

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #658 on: November 10, 2009, 09:52 AM »
Huh...I've never seen those before.  Wouldn't mind picking them up though if they ever get released.

Offline spiderpumpkin

• Jedi Padawan
  • Secto-Viper
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #659 on: November 10, 2009, 07:32 PM »
So there was a third series of Combat Heroes?

http://www.cooltoyreview.com/story/front/Photo_Archive_GI_Joe_Combat_Heroes_127537.asp

WTF...I had no idea these even existed.  Anyone see them at retail?

John

I remember seeing them on ebay 2-3 months ago.  If I remember correctly this wave saw a limited release in Canada during the summer.