Author Topic: G.I. Joe Toys Thread  (Read 105148 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #660 on: November 10, 2009, 09:16 PM »
I saw the little playset things.  Those are neat.  I loved the mobile missle launcher as a child, and the Hawk figure it came with.  One of my favs. 

I like the Cobra Observation thingie and how it says on it in bold red that it's an observation post.  Stealthy.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #661 on: November 13, 2009, 01:15 PM »
There's a 2 for $10 sale at TRU today and tomorrow. My local store unloaded on a bunch of wave 4 and wave 5 R1 cases, so I finally found CS Snake Eyes. I also picked up both arctic Storm Shadows, and a Cobra Eel. Now to just locate CS Duke, Jungle Ripcord, and the Desert Viper.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #662 on: November 13, 2009, 01:46 PM »
I just heard an ad on the radio by Dennis Quiad...Something about Hasbro donating toys to charity if you buy ROC toys or something...didn't really pay close enough attention.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #663 on: November 13, 2009, 01:56 PM »
Hasbro's G.I. Joe Brand Joins Forces With Toys for Tots and Actor Dennis Quaid in an Important Holiday Mission

For every GI JOE: The Rise of Cobra toy purchased at stores from November 11 through November 26, Hasbro will donate a new toy (up to 300,000 toys with a minimum $3.99 value) to Toys for Tots.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #664 on: November 13, 2009, 02:02 PM »
Ya well I wasn't feeling handy with Google.   ;)
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #665 on: November 14, 2009, 01:31 AM »
I've been eyeing a lot of figures lately at the new $5.00 price point at Wal-Mart.  Maybe tomorrow I'll grab a few figures either there or at the TRU sale.

Offline spiderpumpkin

• Jedi Padawan
  • Secto-Viper
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #666 on: November 14, 2009, 03:16 PM »
Finally had enough checking Targets for that Snake Armor set.  Broke down and bought 2 on ebay by helping someone make a nice profit.  Hopefully, I find a bunch at clearance time to help offset the price of these two.  At least I'll save money in driving to Target.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #667 on: November 14, 2009, 04:47 PM »
Finally had enough checking Targets for that Snake Armor set.  Broke down and bought 2 on ebay by helping someone make a nice profit.  Hopefully, I find a bunch at clearance time to help offset the price of these two.  At least I'll save money in driving to Target.

I've only seen w2 on two occasions and it was at the same Target.  Second visit had 0 Snakes, but I bought both when I saw them the first time.  These rock!!  Very simple, but good memories even though they're black.  Forgot all about the rubbery/plastic "action figure" holder that fits inside the armor.  Very cool!  Even liked the turtle viper thing, but not enough to go out and by all of his repaints.  Sorry to hear you had to get raped on eBay.  Hopefully things start selling through during the holidays.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2009, 04:58 PM by iFett »

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #668 on: November 14, 2009, 05:20 PM »
Those $10 vehicles are really a good deal for the price and most are pretty decent, I'm actually surprised they haven't sold better, or at least was well as the basic figures did.

My Target sold through at least one set of the first wave and restocked them but haven't seen the new ones and don't expect to.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #669 on: November 14, 2009, 08:12 PM »
Yeah, I've given up on the second wave of those. Hopefully, I'll see them after Black Friday, but I'm done looking for them for a couple of weeks at least.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2009, 11:38 PM by inadvertent imitation »

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #670 on: November 14, 2009, 11:41 PM »
Picked up 4 figures at TRU today with their sale, and the Attack on the Pit set for $19.99.  Heck, why not?  These prices are great and so are the figures.

Offline Sprry75

• Jedi Apprentice
  • semper ubi sub ubi
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #671 on: November 15, 2009, 08:45 AM »
I suck at math, and so I can't really speculate on the economics of the pricing, but $5.00 is a sweet spot for figures.  I end up spending way more money when they're that cheap, because I just keep buying army builders, custom fodder, and figures where I just want the accessories.  Even if they just bump up a dollar to six bucks, I'm a little more wary.  And I'm looking for reasons to avoid dropping $8.00 on Star Wars guys all the time.  But at five bucks a pop, I hemorrhage money.  It's weird.
"Really?  Sorry."

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #672 on: November 15, 2009, 05:20 PM »
Yup...Digging the $5 price.  Even thought about picking up all of the ROC basic figs at that price, but I ain't going there.  Targets out here are ranging from $5.99 to $6.04.  Still not seeing any movement there - not that WM is any better but there's a few stores where some of the newer waves are coming through.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2009, 09:43 AM by iFett »

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #673 on: November 15, 2009, 09:12 PM »
Thanks to this price, I've picked up all of them except the Nano-Viper, Crimson Neo-Viper, and the Red Fang. There's some wave 5 I don't have yet, but I'd buy those if I found them. Those three I mentioned above just aren't my cup of tea.

I can't help but wonder, if they'd have been $5-6 all along, at how much better they might have sold.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #674 on: November 16, 2009, 12:35 PM »
If this line had been at $5.00 range from day one, I think it would have been an amazing success in terms of number of figures sold.  Look at TRU - each time they had those nice sales, stock flew off the pegs.  And now my Wal-Marts actually are moving stock very well too suddenly.  Target though seems to not be experiencing nearly the same amount of figures selling from what I can see.

If they drop the vehicles to $20, I will pick a few more up.