Author Topic: The Office  (Read 66541 times)

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
Re: The Office
« Reply #255 on: January 15, 2009, 11:13 AM »
New episode tonight!

"The Duel"

The office is on eggshells because Andy still hasn't found out about fiancee Angela's affair with Dwight.  When Michael spills the beans, Dwight and Andy take matters into their own hands.  Meanwhile, Michael is nervous about being called down to corporate for a meeting with Wallace.
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Online Keonobi

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: January 15, 2009, 11:53 AM »
Andy is going to have a relapse and the next episode will feature him back in anger management.  This is when the office is at its best.  Anyone else get a kick out of Andy's East Coast prepschool-yacht club clothes?  The plaid pants, etc.  I think its one of the more subtle things the office does to be funny.  That and when the camera pans around the office, you see half a dozen computer monitors with solitaire being played.

What is your favorite subtle thing on the office?
I am not the Stig

Offline Tracy

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Call me "Your Highness" one more time........
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: January 15, 2009, 12:14 PM »

What is your favorite subtle thing on the office?

Pretty much anything Creed does.  Like when they were getting their photos taken for their Corp. ID's.  After getting his pic taken, Creed immediately turned for his profile shot.
"Y'all know you're the only ones with the Jesus fish in the titty bar parking lot" - Name
Cancer Sucks >:(

Online Keonobi

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: January 15, 2009, 12:26 PM »
"No, we're good."
I am not the Stig

Offline Tracy

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: January 16, 2009, 08:02 AM »
"I've had two guys fight over me before.  Usually it's over which one gets to hold the video camera."
"Y'all know you're the only ones with the Jesus fish in the titty bar parking lot" - Name

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #260 on: January 17, 2009, 04:12 PM »
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #261 on: January 22, 2009, 11:02 AM »
New episode tonight!

"Prince Family Paper"

Michael and Dwight go undercover to do a bit of industrial espionage on a paper company competitor.  Meanwhile, the rest of the office holds a debate to settle the question: Is Hilary Swank hot?

Offline Tracy

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: January 23, 2009, 10:46 AM »
I vote "not".

Online Keonobi

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: January 23, 2009, 01:07 PM »
Not.

"That's two votes"

"Thank you accounting department.."
I am not the Stig

Offline Chris M

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Time to nut up or shut up.
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: January 23, 2009, 03:09 PM »
I too vote "not."

Actually, I didn't think last night's episode was that funny...except for Jim's prank on Dwight.  For whatever reason I thought that was absolutely hilarious.
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."  Ben franklin

Embrace the suck.

Offline Tracy

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: January 23, 2009, 05:15 PM »
I too vote "not."

Actually, I didn't think last night's episode was that funny...except for Jim's prank on Dwight.  For whatever reason I thought that was absolutely hilarious.

I thought Jim's prank was funny too.  Although at first I thought he was going to lead Dwight to believe it was an explosive device planted by Andy.

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: January 23, 2009, 07:51 PM »
I vote "not."

I actually thought that was one of the funnier episodes.  The wire was an excellent prank, though.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Tracy

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: January 29, 2009, 02:33 PM »
Matt -- it's Thursday -- do we have a new episode tonight?  I always look forward to your previews.......

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #268 on: January 29, 2009, 03:36 PM »
No new episode tonight, presumably due to the new one-hour episode ("Stress Relief") directly following the Super Bowl on Sunday.

'Office' is open for business Sunday after Super Bowl

The hour-long episode (approximately 10:30 p.m. ET/7:30 PT) includes cameos by Jack Black, Jessica Alba and Cloris Leachman, and a double burn for workers at Dunder Mifflin paper: a real fire and an awkward roast of misguided supervisor Michael Scott (Steve Carell).

. . .

Considering the many first-time viewers, Sunday's episode will forgo ongoing story arcs "to go from big comedy set piece to big comedy set piece," says executive producer Greg Daniels.

In the episode, Dwight starts a fire after no one heeds his fire-safety instructions. That leads Michael to conduct a relaxation seminar that raises tension. He seeks to ease it by making himself the subject of a comic roast that basically turns into a self-basting.

The cameos come via a pirated movie watched by some Office workers, with Black and Alba as a couple and Leachman as Alba's grandmother.

"If we're just casting some salesman that comes into the office and it's Jack Black, it's hard to believe that," says Paul Lieberstein, an executive producer who also plays human resources sad sack Toby Flenderson. Lieberstein, who wrote the episode, offers a tease about the Black-Alba-Leachman film: "It's a love triangle."

Tonight's episode is a rerun of "Business Ethics," which was the second episode from earlier this season.

Offline Tracy

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: January 29, 2009, 04:18 PM »
Thanks Matt -- I'm glad we have you -- I wasn't paying attention and didn't know it was on after the Super Bowl.  I rarely watch live TV and/or commercials.