Author Topic: Gentle Giant Bust Ups!  (Read 127408 times)

Offline Sithbaker

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Krackbrick Addict
    • View Profile
Re: Bust Ups!
« Reply #390 on: March 10, 2005, 02:39 AM »
This series is great! Well, the silver Fett is lame, but thats just me. I was very impressed by the rest of the series though.
They now come in boxes of 12 instead of 24.
The cases we got, the boxes weren`t sealed like the previous ones.
Dengar and 4-LOM are 1 per case (and Silver Fett).

Adam

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: March 12, 2005, 01:50 AM »
Confirming what Sithbaker says above, one of GH's members has some interesting info about Series 3 here.

The breakdown:

Boba Fett qty 3
Boba Fett silver chase qty 1
Jango Fett qty 2
Bossk qty 2
Zuckuss qty 2
Dengar qty 1
4-LOM qty l

Strangely enough, the boxes aren't sealed, so you can easily open them to see which one you are getting.  Kinda eliminates the surprise and need for the window, doesn't it?

I just ordered my case of 12 from Entertainment Earth - can't wait!

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #392 on: March 15, 2005, 10:44 PM »
Another absolute bull**** variant/chase on the way, as reported by GH:  The see-through (amber?) Chewbacca.  This is getting completely and totally stupid.  Basically, GG apparently plans to rehash practically every one of it's bust-ups into a spirit/holo/GITD/see-through/silver/black variant.  Why in God's name am I collecting this crap, just to stay complete?!?   >:(

Sounds like it's exclusive to some Dark Horse comic at Borders bookstores, or some such nonsense...  Whatever.  Kill the line, you freakin' idiots.

And to think, GG said at Toyfair that they've heard the numerous complaints on their variants/chases, and would be scaling back on them.  I realize these were probably already in production at that point, but hell, if they thought they heard complaints on just the first few, I can't imagine WTF they're hearing now...   ::)

Offline JayDouble

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Let The Wookie Win!
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: March 15, 2005, 10:48 PM »
Well I'll be getting that one since I like Chewie so much.  Is it me or does he look like a root beer popsicle?   :P

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: March 15, 2005, 11:11 PM »
Well I'll be getting that one since I like Chewie so much.  Is it me or does he look like a root beer popsicle?   :P

I was thinking one of those hideous coke flavored gel candies on a stick, but yeah, that works too ;)
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: March 15, 2005, 11:25 PM »
You know, for the proprietor of this thread, you'd think I'd own a few of these bad boys.

No such luck yet. :(

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline Rod

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: March 19, 2005, 02:41 PM »
Amber clear Chewie...LMAO!  That is funny....what is that about...do holo's in Kasshykk show up in amber? that must be it.

Glad I decided to scale back on these...only get the ones I like...got Fett at ToyFair....not gonna get the Silver Fett...but I gotta get Jango

Rod

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #397 on: March 19, 2005, 05:50 PM »
Scored Jango, Boba, Bossk, and the silver Fett at Sam Goody today. I'll get the rest later. I do like that you can pop open the box to see which one's inside.

don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #398 on: March 21, 2005, 07:40 PM »
I just bought a monster lot of GG stuff from a guy on the boards, and besides 4 new GG busts, I'm finally picking up all of the Series 2 and 3 Bust-ups, including variations (Maul, Vader, Fett).  Less than $5 each, so a pretty good deal, I guess.

Now the question is, do I want to keep tracking down these stupid bull**** exclusive variant pieces of crap...  I've probably got too many to turn back now.  I dunno.  I'll see if I can get the stupid Chewie and Holo Emperor for cheap.  If not, I'll probably bail on that crap, and just get the regular ones.

Excited to finally catch back up with the normal versions though, when they arrive in a few days...   8)

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: March 21, 2005, 10:38 PM »
I'm probably as much of a completist as the next guy, but I just don't see the need with this line.  I think the reason that I don't feel the need to track down the variants (holos, glow-in-the-dark, etc., not variant poses) is that those goofy variants just aren't as nice as the regulars. 

I've got the clear Yoda, and it's neat, but you just can't see or appreciate the detailing involved like you can with the painted one.  So knowing that I like the regulars so much more, I just don't worry if I don't find the variants. 

(forgive me, I think I've babbled about this before.)

But believe me, I understand how OCD can take over sometimes!   :-X
« Last Edit: March 21, 2005, 10:39 PM by JesseVader08 »

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #400 on: March 22, 2005, 12:20 AM »
I think I would have skipped the Silver Fett if it wasn't the first box I opened. I figured for $5, what the hell, right?

don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: March 22, 2005, 06:10 PM »
  I'll see if I can get the stupid Chewie and Holo Emperor for cheap.  If not, I'll probably bail on that crap, and just get the regular ones.

Just pre-order the reissue of the Crimson Empire Trade paperback from your local comic shop.  Then you'll definitely get the Holo Emporer and Royal Guard.  Not a tough piece to get if you know what to do.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #402 on: March 22, 2005, 06:54 PM »
Just pre-order the reissue of the Crimson Empire Trade paperback from your local comic shop.  Then you'll definitely get the Holo Emporer and Royal Guard.  Not a tough piece to get if you know what to do.

Yeah, I know how to get these Nick, with all the extra bull**** that comes with them.  But that's the point, is that I don't want all that extra crap, and I especially don't want to have to pay for all that extra crap.  I think I heard the Chewie is in a bundle deal at Borders for $24.99, or some such nonsense.  Screw that.

I just want the all-new exclusive Bust-ups, and for $5-$6 each.  I don't want a second copy of another older Bust-Up (like the Royal Guard), and I don't want any comics, books, or other garbage they're packing these in with now.  Just the damned Bust-up.  God, GG is getting annoying with this stuff.   :-X
« Last Edit: March 22, 2005, 06:55 PM by JediMAC »

Offline JayDouble

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Let The Wookie Win!
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: March 22, 2005, 10:40 PM »
Picked up a silver Boba Fett at Suncoast today.  It's a lot easier getting the ones you want now when you can just open up the box.   ;D

Offline Sithbaker

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Krackbrick Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: March 25, 2005, 04:30 PM »
In the new Previews mag (comic shop pre-order catalog) there is a 2 pack of bust ups you can pre-order. $11.99, shipping in June. Holograhphic Maul and Vader.

Adam
Adam