Author Topic: In Rem's Customs - PN Updated: 6/12  (Read 32328 times)

Offline jedipurge

• Jedi Apprentice
  • follow me on Instagram: VadersEmpire78
    • View Profile
Re: In Rem's Customs - 3/15/06 - Saesee Tiin - THANKS Gregorbian!
« Reply #120 on: March 15, 2006, 03:38 PM »
great tiin, the soft goods works well with him.  i wish i could come up with the legion markings and color schemes as well as you.  definately have the star wars feel.  as far as tiin though did you consider using the Clone Wars head?  he always seems more like he's felt the ravages of the war.
Harmless is the most dangerous of perceptions, you never expect it to strike.-Purge

Offline In Rem

• Jedi Initiate
  • Objection!
    • View Profile
    • Hobbygeek.com
« Reply #121 on: March 15, 2006, 03:54 PM »
Thanks, jedipurge.

I'd love to use a Clone Wars head there, but I never even saw the CW S.T. or Kit Fisto. :)

And unless S.T. got some surgery before EIII, the broken horn is a problem. :P I personally like the broken horn look, but I guess GL didn't want to see one of the Masters suffering any damage...

As for the unit markings, I just throw the paint around. It's a lot of trial and error. ;)

Thanks again!

Offline Commander_Miseria

• Jedi Initiate
  • "Touching from a distance further all the time..."
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: March 16, 2006, 08:06 PM »
Tinn looks great, but I REALLLLLLLLY like that paint scheme. Never seen someone paint them like that before. May have to steal that from ya  ;)

Offline In Rem

• Jedi Initiate
  • Objection!
    • View Profile
    • Hobbygeek.com
« Reply #123 on: March 17, 2006, 12:21 AM »
Tinn looks great, but I REALLLLLLLLY like that paint scheme. Never seen someone paint them like that before. May have to steal that from ya  ;)

Thanks! I'll look forward to seeing what you do. :)

Offline In Rem

• Jedi Initiate
  • Objection!
    • View Profile
    • Hobbygeek.com
Re: In Rem's Customs - 3/17/06 - WIP Grievous' Fury
« Reply #124 on: March 17, 2006, 01:00 AM »
OK, bear with me folks.

This is a concept battle droid I've been wanting to do since I got this Xevoz kit .

I shuffled up some parts, added some bits and pieces from some model kits and some fine wire, and modded the blaster, took out the legs, and added a neck extension and here we are...

I envision this being the droid equivalent of Grievous. No biological components, but very amorphous and able to twist and such. :)

Instead of legs he has repulsorlifter panels that he floats about on. He can aim them in any direction to create thrust. He can also reverse the panels to fasten himself fast to most surfaces.

I know it's kind of cheezy, but I think once I paint him up he'll make for a fun addition to my droid army.

FYI, he's about shoulder-high to a Clone Trooper when he's standing flat, so he's pretty massive. The blaster is definitely a BFG.

at rest

airborne and fighting

evasive maneuvers

Comments are welcome :P
« Last Edit: March 17, 2006, 01:41 AM by In Rem »

Offline Phalanxx

• Jedi Initiate
  • I aim to misbehave
    • View Profile
    • Phalanxx Designs
« Reply #125 on: March 17, 2006, 09:55 AM »
After a little paint, I can see him blending in with the rest of your droid army.  For size wise, I think it would look good grouped with the crab droids.  It kinda reminds me of one of the larger robots from Robo-cop movies.
Visit www.phalanxxdesigns.com - Custom Figures and Cardbacks.

Offline In Rem

• Jedi Initiate
  • Objection!
    • View Profile
    • Hobbygeek.com
« Reply #126 on: March 17, 2006, 02:37 PM »
Yeah, the paint will be the big thing. I have a small spider droid I'll show him off with after he's painted. :P

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: March 17, 2006, 02:49 PM »
Interesting custom here, looks like a lot of parts were used.  I like the design, but admit I have a hard time seeing it as a war droid used by the Separatists.  More of a droid some independant group might have as a home-made security droid.  Looking forward to seeing it painted - I would suggest maybe, scuffing it up/adding a few dents to the armor for a more rugged look.

:P

Offline In Rem

• Jedi Initiate
  • Objection!
    • View Profile
    • Hobbygeek.com
« Reply #128 on: March 17, 2006, 03:10 PM »
Oh, he's going to be beaten up pretty good.

The head is throwing me off a bit. I need to add some bits and pieces and rough it up...

I think when he's alongside other droids it might be a bit clearer how he fits in. :)

Offline Clone Commander

• Jedi Padawan
  • I ate my Lama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: March 18, 2006, 11:31 AM »
I think it would fit in with the seperatists if you painted it the color of the battledroids, tan or redish.
Then it would look cool, and add in dents too like Chewie said.  ;D
Clone Commander Appo.

Offline In Rem

• Jedi Initiate
  • Objection!
    • View Profile
    • Hobbygeek.com
Re: In Rem's Customs - 3/20/06 - S4-71 Salvage Droid
« Reply #130 on: March 20, 2006, 12:28 AM »
So I re-thought this Xevox custom... :P After I painted him I was satisfied I'd made him compatible with the Star Wars universe, but when I put him with my battle droids he just looked... off.

Poor clone...

Photoshop floating... S4-71 was designed to move quickly around salvage sites and to pick over wrecked or captured ships; S4-71 isn't used conventionally...

With a highly articulated neck, S4-71 can maneuver his head into many tight places... and he can intimidate even the most hardened enemy

Ready to fire...

A stylized look at S4-71's owners. Check out the rest of this thread if you don't know who he's standing with.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: March 20, 2006, 11:00 AM »
First off, you did a GREAT job painting this.  It looks like real metal and doesn't look like a toy anymore.  It seems a lot more realistic this way.  Great pics too.

I would say that I agree it will look odd standing next to Battle Droids; that's why it seems like some independent group's droid to me.

:P

Offline In Rem

• Jedi Initiate
  • Objection!
    • View Profile
    • Hobbygeek.com
« Reply #132 on: March 20, 2006, 11:14 AM »
Yeah, he's been reassigned, CHEWIE.

I know he's something of an oddball, but I wanted something really different to work on. :)

Hopefully I can work him into a PN where he will make sense.

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: March 20, 2006, 04:18 PM »
I like this droid.  However, I agree its much more believable commissioned as a salvage droid.  He'd look good with my Jawas on Tatooine.

I love the "Stylized" poster look in the last photo.   It would be cool to have more customs displayed in this format.  Obviously you loose the detail of the figure but can really make a cool artistic view.

Offline In Rem

• Jedi Initiate
  • Objection!
    • View Profile
    • Hobbygeek.com
« Reply #134 on: March 20, 2006, 05:20 PM »
Thanks for the comments, Brent. Yeah, once I had him painted, I thought he looked more like a worker droid than a killing droid. :) I'll be putting him to use accordingly.