Author Topic: Target Aayla Secura's Jedi Starfighter  (Read 48652 times)

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
Re: Target Aayla Secura's Jedi Starfighter
« Reply #30 on: February 10, 2008, 12:39 PM »
Awesome, thanks for the color conformation. Now the question is, how different is it from Obi-Wans?

For me, not different enough to warrant wasting $21.64 on a new starfighter.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2008, 02:07 PM by Jeff »
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #31 on: February 10, 2008, 08:09 PM »
Yeah it looks like they just switched the blue and white. This will be an easy pass for me as well.
"This is the way."

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #32 on: February 10, 2008, 08:11 PM »
Easy enough to just put an Aayla Secura figure into my blue Obi-Wan Jedi starfighter.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 11, 2008, 09:07 AM »
Thanks RQ! This definitely looks like a clearance purchase.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #34 on: March 9, 2008, 05:43 PM »
Saw many of these today at a new Target near me.  Too similar to Obi's for me to buy though I think.  Even the droid looks like Obi's.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #35 on: March 11, 2008, 02:49 PM »
Thanks RQ! This definitely looks like a clearance purchase.

Normally I just buy exclusives when I see them but for this one I may just adopt that rational. I am really tired of this ship, I use to really like it but now I am just plain bored of it. I have to complete the Jedi Fleet so because of my personal addiction I will have to get one, but I only willing to pay $12.

So what Jedi are left that need their own personal fighter....let's see what exclsusives Hasbro may have in store:
1. Ki-Adi-Mundi - Brown and blue EP2 style (so he keeps the cone theme going)
2. Luminaria - Green and black with spots EP2 style
3. Shaak Ti - Red/White EP2 style (After all she needs a ship to escape to Felucia)
4. Yoda (Needs a height chair or booster seat) - Green and brown Ep3 fighter
5. Agen Kolar - Brown and white EP3 fighter
« Last Edit: March 12, 2008, 12:04 PM by JACKOFTRADZE »
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #36 on: March 11, 2008, 04:32 PM »
I still love the sculpt but I think there's a point where I can only hang so many of the damn things from the ceiling, ya know?  If they'd varied the ship a bit with something sort of wild and unique looking I'd reconsider, but the ship is really just Utapau Obi's...  More or less.

I swear the droid on the box looked like Obi's even!

If I see one cheap I too may buy it, but only then.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 11, 2008, 07:40 PM »
I swear the droid on the box looked like Obi's even!

I'm pretty sure it is, since (and EU folks, correct me if I'm wrong here) Obi-Wan had R4-P17 throughout the Clone Wars, and R4-G9 was a late addition with the blue JSF.  Secura's fighter in "Obsession" that Obi-Wan borrowed had an R4-G9 lookalike in the astromech socket, so I don't think it would be a stretch to assume it was, if not the same droid, one of the same lineage/fleet as R4-G9.

And hey, does Secura's ship come with the correct label sheet, or did they stick Anakin's yellow JSF sheet in there, as well?  :P

But yeah, big pass on this one for me (I may have said that already in this thread; apologies for the redundance).  I think the only way they'd get me to buy another Actis-II Interceptor would be doing a film-accurate version of the Utapau JSF or the Mustafar JSF.  Other than that, no more for me.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 11, 2008, 11:41 PM »

And hey, does Secura's ship come with the correct label sheet, or did they stick Anakin's yellow JSF sheet in there, as well?  :P

Believe or not....There is absolutely NO sticker sheet included with this ship.  I just found this out tonight at our geeky SW meeting, so this was news to me.  I guess there's lines painted on the droid, but that's all you get.

I'm still buying one though.   :)
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline spacejunker

• Jedi Initiate
  • Got Hope?
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 14, 2008, 02:06 PM »
This is an easy pass.  I will wait for clearance if I do decide to pick it up. 
No Way No How No McCain

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 15, 2008, 12:32 AM »
Believe or not....There is absolutely NO sticker sheet included with this ship.  I just found this out tonight at our geeky SW meeting, so this was news to me.  I guess there's lines painted on the droid, but that's all you get.

This was a surprise to me as well. At first I thought I was missing the sticker sheet, but then when I saw that there weren't sticker label places indicated on the instruction sheet for the ship, that's what tipped me off to the fact that there weren't stickers at all.

Seems kind of odd, but oh well...
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 15, 2008, 11:20 AM »

This was a surprise to me as well. At first I thought I was missing the sticker sheet, but then when I saw that there weren't sticker label places indicated on the instruction sheet for the ship, that's what tipped me off to the fact that there weren't stickers at all.

Seems kind of odd, but oh well...

Were there any decals whatsoever already applied to the ship (I'm particularly wondering about the cockpit interior and the droid body), were those "painted" on (akin to the Republic logos on the V-Wing), or is everything just blank?  With some vehicles like the 2003 Saga A-Wing, that kind of thing isn't very noticable, but to not include and/or apply labels to an astromech droid body is just ridiculous.

I think Hasbro needs to just stop with the JSFs for a long while after this.  If the lack of and/or inclusion of incorrect label sheets is any indication, I think they're getting tired of dealing with them as well.

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 15, 2008, 09:07 PM »
The droid is slightly painted, but nothing significant other than the colored bar-arms (not quite sure what else to call them) that run horizontally beneath the dome. That's it. There are no other pre-applied decals, so the interior of the cockpit is decal-free.

It does make this ship look rather "plain".
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #43 on: March 17, 2008, 10:56 PM »
I picked this up today as was surprised how plain it is without the stickers (pre-applied or otherwise). Ther is no weathering to speak of either (scratches/blaster damage). Rather dissappointing for an "exclusive" - Hasbro really phoned this one in.  :-\
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 17, 2008, 10:59 PM »
I picked this one up today. I'll add some weathering to it myself.
I remember my dream now.