Collecting > Collector's Tips

Wall Paint in your collecting room.

<< < (2/5) > >>

JediJman:
I'll be building a new collection room in the new house next year, so great to hear everyone's experiences.  Personally, I pack a lot of of things in on the shelves, to the paint impact is fairly minimal.  That said, I've found darker colors in the background provide less contrast and make it harder to see things compared to lighter colored backgrounds.  Depending on how much light you have, the darker walls also make the room seem darker overall.  AS cool as I think black would look, I think I'm going to stick with white walls.

iFett:
I haven't even thought about painting.  Will probably just stay with what the house is already done in.  Need to get on the ball about shelving though - that's my issue.  Currently have only 3 Detlofs set up and just tons and tons of boxes....   :-\

Nicklab:

--- Quote from: iFett on October 26, 2012, 02:41 PM ---I haven't even thought about painting.  Will probably just stay with what the house is already done in.  Need to get on the ball about shelving though - that's my issue.  Currently have only 3 Detlofs set up and just tons and tons of boxes....   :-\

--- End quote ---

Paint is the easiest and cheapest way to really change a room around.  And if you're ambitious, you can try to set up some sort of a theme.  Will it look like a movie set?  That depends on how ambitious you want to get.  But combining decent paint with good lighting will give your collection some pop when you're setting up displays.

shmashwitdaclub:
project started up!  new doors separating collection room and moved two bookshelves out of collection room and into main area of basement:

doors open, part of new lighting:

one corner of room, shot of new overhead lighting:

opposite corner of room:

I will be painting and shelving the two open walls.  Dimensions to come later to give you an idea of the size of the room.

JediJman:
Cool!  I can't see the lights very well, but looks like the room is really bright.  What color are you painting?  It looks great the way it is now!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version