Collectibles > The Black Series 6" Figures

TESB Black Series 40th Anniversary Collection

(1/12) > >>

Nicklab:
I was pleasantly surprised to see this news pop up in my social media feed from Yakface.  I know that this had been rumored, and getting confirmation of these is welcome news.

Based on the initial reports I was expecting a number of repacks.  But the revised look for Luke Skywalker (Bespin Fatigues) is a massive improvement over the original release.

Diddly:
Yeah that Luke is a must-buy. Only other one I "need" is the Han, and that would be to throw the headsculpt on other figures

Dave:

--- Quote from: Diddly on January 13, 2020, 11:38 AM ---Yeah that Luke is a must-buy. Only other one I "need" is the Han, and that would be to throw the headsculpt on other figures

--- End quote ---

Has anyone done a comparison of the photos to see how similar/different these figures are to what we've already got?

Brian:
I know at this point it is basically all repacks, but I’m still pretty excited for these. Like always, a sucker for the packaging. I’ve really been hoping for a new photo real improvement to Bespin Luke, because he just looks out of his element next to the excellent Bespin Han and Bespin Escape Leia figures. Also kind of like these as an anniversary type special line. A dozen or so figures from each movie, on the nice vintage card backs. Unless they decide to put the entire Black Series on these cards, these are a nice treat every few years.

Nicklab:
I have mixed feelings about the line, too.  The figures look great on these cards.  Outside of Bespin Luke, I'm having a difficult time finding the added value for collectors.  Granted, the face sculpt on Bespin Luke is a remarkable improvement.  But the figures like Han, Leia and Yoda already got the benefit of facial printing technology.  There's no real upgrade to those outside of packaging.  And the AT-AT Driver didn't really need an upgrade in paint apps.

The rumor list for later releases is promising.  I hope we see some more new items in the later wave(s).  Snowspeeder pilot Luke seems like a cool offering, especially since the Black Series Centerpiece offering was basically a glorified statue, or like the Unleashed figures of 15 years ago.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version