Author Topic: 2022 TVC Wave 4 (New TVC Wave 25)  (Read 7693 times)

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
Re: 2022 TVC Wave 4 (New TVC Wave 25)
« Reply #45 on: April 6, 2022, 11:15 AM »
Today's TVC Reveals:

- NEW Figrin D'an
- NEW Mandalorian Death Watch Airborne Trooper (Clone Wars)
- NEW Mandalorian Super Commando Captain (Clone Wars)
- repack 501st ARC Trooper Jesse
« Last Edit: April 7, 2022, 01:02 PM by Jeff »
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #46 on: April 6, 2022, 01:05 PM »
I like them all.  I don't need the Jesse, but I'm glad such a fine figure is getting a single card release.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 7, 2022, 11:24 AM »
I'm a little confused on the Death Watch Airborne Trooper.  I don't see much of a difference between the one that I preordered six months ago and this one.

Is this really new, is it a repaint/reissue, or maybe I'm just looking at the wrong photos.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #48 on: April 7, 2022, 11:59 AM »
I'm a little confused on the Death Watch Airborne Trooper.  I don't see much of a difference between the one that I preordered six months ago and this one.

They are similar, but actually completely different sculpts - different chests, different arms, different legs.

The Mandalorian vs The Clone Wars:

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #49 on: April 7, 2022, 01:02 PM »
Amazon Links:

- https://amzn.to/3jhbXQR - NEW Figrin D'an
- https://amzn.to/3JlolKa - NEW Mandalorian Death Watch Airborne Trooper (Clone Wars)
- https://amzn.to/3uZOmcY - NEW Mandalorian Super Commando Captain (Clone Wars)
- https://amzn.to/3rwnalp - repack 501st ARC Trooper Jesse

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 7, 2022, 01:20 PM »
That was probably one of the smoother preorder experiences that I've had in a while.  But I placed the majority of my orders through EE.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #51 on: April 7, 2022, 04:44 PM »
Good comparison shot Jeff, thanks for throwing that up. I had to split up my preorders a bit, but I got what I wanted. I went for:

• 3 - Figrin D'an
  • 6 - of Each Mando

I already had Jesse, so I skipped the repack. I know the red supercommando is technically more of a captain and not a grunt, but since it also isn't Gar Saxon, I'm ok with adding a few of them. I do hope we eventually get Gar Saxon, and maybe some of the generic red female Maul colored supercommandos.
"This is the way."

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 7, 2022, 08:13 PM »
I was able to order one of each off Amazon with no stress, so I chalk that up as a win.  :)
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Jedi Idej

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 7, 2022, 09:34 PM »
Yup, this was an easy order from amazon and ee. Hopefully this is due to a higher number of units made available for pre-order and not collectors staying away because of fatigue.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 7, 2022, 11:42 PM »
Yup, this was an easy order from amazon and ee. Hopefully this is due to a higher number of units made available for pre-order and not collectors staying away because of fatigue.

Fatigue maybe, pricing more likely.  I ordered half a dozen of each Mandalorian but I’m probably going to walk it back by half… $90 for 6 figures is an awful lot.  Same thing on the retro figures, $15 each for that 4-POA Chewbacca re-release stings a lot too when those were $9.99 when it was Vader.

Multiples of troops is going to be the first place I cut back… maybe if enough of us did they’d start releasing more unique characters.

Offline Jedi Idej

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 8, 2022, 05:34 AM »

Fatigue maybe, pricing more likely.  I ordered half a dozen of each Mandalorian but I’m probably going to walk it back by half… $90 for 6 figures is an awful lot.  Same thing on the retro figures, $15 each for that 4-POA Chewbacca re-release stings a lot too when those were $9.99 when it was Vader.

Multiples of troops is going to be the first place I cut back… maybe if enough of us did they’d start releasing more unique characters.

Fatigue from ever-increasing prices. Still applies,. ;D

But you're right. Last year the Purge Trooper, already $1 more than the others, was "only" $15.99. Both of this batch's Gaming Greats are $16.99. How's that for a joy-draining smack in the face?

I'm wary they'll interpret the lower sales volume as a weakening market and milk the same figures even more to retain profit.

We've supported their price jumps, re-packs, and kit bashes. We've bought expensive Haslab products. I really hope they get the message from their outreach to fans sites that it's time to world build with, as you say, more unique characters.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 8, 2022, 10:19 AM »
This wave is just chocked full of troop building potential.  And it appears to be by design by the Hasbro team.

I definitely took Jing for her word regarding the Cantina band members - more are definitely incoming, and likely with the other instruments.  How they get presented remains to be seen - troop builder 4-pack?  There are 7 band members.  I already had 2 x Figrin D'an figures on the way in the 2 cases I ordered for this wave.  I ordered another 2 yesterday in light of the 3 instruments that are packed with the figure.

The troop building stars of the wave are definitely the 332nd Clone Troopers which have yet to be revealed, and the Mandalorian Death Watch Airborne Trooper.  That's a great figure, and relatively generic.  All told between my cases, ordering another 4 more from EE and 2 from Amazon, I think I can represent the Siege of Mandalore pretty well in a diorama.  Will they eventually offer an Ursa Wren figure from that faction?  She could almost certainly be a good re-use of some Bo-Katan parts.  And if we're going down the path or re-using parts from this Mandalorian, could Hasbro be considering a TVC release of Pre Vizsla?  I think that would be a great offering, especially in his Clone Wars season 5 look with the updated helmet.  And the whole lore of the Dark Saber has taken on a life of its own!

The Mandalorian Super Commando Captain is really cool, too.  The deco looks great, but the helmet makes the figure very unique and less well suited to army building - I have 4 coming in my 2 cases, and I already offered one to a friend.  There's another Mauldalorian coming in a later wave without the horns, and I'll probably buy more of those since they're a little more generic.  I have to wonder if Hasbro will get to some of the named characters from the Mauldalorian faction, like Gar Saxon or Rook Kast.  She's interesting because of some of the theories around her - is she related to Jodo Kast?   Did she go on to become the Armorer in "The Mandalorian"?  People have theorized that since the Armorer's helmet has horns.

BTW, thanks for that comparison shot, Jeff.  It's good to see some of the differences in the armor.

As for the MIA 332nd trooper?  I've been planning on buying a case of those ever since they got announced in the pipeline reveals.  I just wonder what Hasbro is waiting for?
« Last Edit: April 8, 2022, 10:20 AM by Nicklab »
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 8, 2022, 12:04 PM »
This wave is just chocked full of troop building potential.  And it appears to be by design by the Hasbro team.

it feels like about 50% of what they put out is meant to be things that you'll hopefully buy multiples of.  Troops, color variants, photo-real stuff...

Even the Figrin D'an, they're hoping you'll buy at least 3, probably more. 

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #58 on: May 2, 2022, 02:28 PM »
As for the MIA 332nd trooper?  I've been planning on buying a case of those ever since they got announced in the pipeline reveals.  I just wonder what Hasbro is waiting for?

It sounds like 332nd Clone Trooper will finally get his "official" reveal on Wednesday along with a pre-order on Thursday 5/5.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #59 on: May 4, 2022, 10:58 AM »
It sounds like 332nd Clone Trooper will finally get his "official" reveal on Wednesday along with a pre-order on Thursday 5/5.

Confirmed - pre-order tomorrow beginning at 1:00pm ET