Author Topic: 2022 Convention Exclusive TVC "The Rescue" Box Set  (Read 2054 times)

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
Re: 2022 Convention Exclusive TVC "The Rescue" Box Set
« Reply #30 on: December 8, 2022, 04:50 PM »
Was yours shipped in an extra box? 

Mine was in the pre-packaged thin carboard box that was the exact size of the set.  They just slapped a shipping label on it.  Luckily it arrived in great shape.

Granted the overall packaging of the set is fairly large, but it needs to accommodate three carded figures vs. the loose figures you get with the troop packs.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #31 on: December 8, 2022, 05:38 PM »
Was yours shipped in an extra box? 

Mine was in the pre-packaged thin carboard box that was the exact size of the set.  They just slapped a shipping label on it.  Luckily it arrived in great shape.

Granted the overall packaging of the set is fairly large, but it needs to accommodate three carded figures vs. the loose figures you get with the troop packs.

I think you are mixing up the Amazon Obi-Wan 3-pack with the  Pulse "The Rescue" Mando set. ;)
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 8, 2022, 10:53 PM »
Same.  Mine came in a box big enough to house a UCS Lego set.

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 9, 2022, 09:04 AM »
I think you are mixing up the Amazon Obi-Wan 3-pack with the  Pulse "The Rescue" Mando set. ;)

Ooops.  You're right.

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 9, 2022, 05:51 PM »
I just got mine, and you're right, the box is massively oversized.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 11, 2022, 09:40 AM »
I’m thinking the enormity box might have been for customers who bought two.  But then I’m trying to remember if Hasbro limited these to one per customer?
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #36 on: December 11, 2022, 10:45 AM »
Mine arrived Thursday.  It’s a nice set and I like the improvements on Din and Gideon.  The Darktrooper s nice, even if he’s scene specific as is the Grogu in bondage statue with one point of articulation.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 12, 2022, 11:18 AM »
I'm predictably of the opinion that $80 for a set with 4 figures in it, one of which is the size of Grogu, and none of them being new is absurd.  Then there's the packaging... for a company bragging about moving away from plastic packaging to be more green, these four little guys that could have come in a box the size of a troop 4-pack came in a giant window box, shipped inside of an oversized cardboard box...

But, my biggest disappointment with it has to be the Darktrooper.  For $27 I really expected him to be noticably taller than Mando and he's basically the same height.  I know Mando's slumping some in this image, but still...

Are they really just the same size as an average human?
« Last Edit: December 12, 2022, 11:20 AM by Rob »

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 12, 2022, 12:25 PM »
I'm predictably of the opinion that $80 for a set with 4 figures in it, one of which is the size of Grogu, and none of them being new is absurd. 

This price is rough.

When it was a real convention (SDCC) and these things were hard to come by you could rationalize a little of the scarcity inflation.  But PulseCon is a "fake convention" so its harder to justify the price premium.  And to be honest, I don't even think the presentation is all that cool.

I guess I'm the dummy for paying $80 for something I basically already have that was 30% less when bought before.  I gotta start passing on more of these exclusive repacks more...

Offline Muftak

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Cardboard Entrepreneur
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 12, 2022, 01:56 PM »
Are they really just the same size as an average human?

They were played by guys in suits, so yeah, probably.

I skipped this set but I did buy 2 Darktroopers that I can't wait to get. This set didn't have enough new to entice me, and I already made my own cardboard hallway diorama from the show.

Offline Jedi Idej

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 12, 2022, 02:57 PM »
The Dark Troopers look a lot taller in The Mandalorian but Wookieepedia says they are 6ft-3in. Pedro Pascal is 5ft-11in; with boots on, the height difference between the figs is about right.

I was thinking about this the other day and echo the same thing you guys are saying. $80 for three figs, a semi-fig in Grogu, and accessories!? A crappy display box? Must have been a case of the dreaded FOMO.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 12, 2022, 03:29 PM »
Alright, if that's the case then it's the price that's offensive, not the height. :)

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #42 on: December 12, 2022, 04:04 PM »
Alright, if that's the case then it's the price that's offensive, not the height. :)

Agree that single Dark Trooper price ($27) is offensive, but I can't get too mad though.  With Amazon's pre-order price guarantee, I think my Dark Troopers are down to $20 now.  $20 for the 3.75" Dark Trooper plus the little charging booth they come with isn't terrible and is probably much more in-line with what the cost should be.

The Rescue box set on the other hand... Like Jedi Idej said, I think that was a FOMO buy.  Looking over what I got, I basically paid $75 plus tax for a grogu in handcuffs, some Mando clip-on accessories, and the Beskar Spear.  I guess I can get mad at Hasbro for the price, but I'm the dummy who actually bought it so I have to own my part in it as well.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 12, 2022, 04:17 PM »
I'd agree that $20 with the rack isn't terrible but we shouldn't have to rely on Amazon's pre-order price guarantee for this to not be a $30 figure after tax.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 30, 2024, 07:09 PM »
Amazon has this one for a much more reasonable $37 if anyone was on the fence and still wants it.