Author Topic: 2022 TVC Troop Builder Rebel Fleet Trooper 4-Pack  (Read 365 times)

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
Re: 2022 TVC Troop Builder Rebel Fleet Trooper 4-Pack
« Reply #45 on: January 31, 2022, 06:42 PM »
I got mine last night... I only opened one.  I'm going to sit on the second one for awhile.  I just have so many of the previous releases that I don't know that I need more.  The Tantive playset is already pretty full.

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #46 on: February 1, 2022, 09:51 AM »
I got mine last night... I only opened one.  I'm going to sit on the second one for awhile.  I just have so many of the previous releases that I don't know that I need more.  The Tantive playset is already pretty full.

You just need more Tantive IV playsets!   :D
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #47 on: February 1, 2022, 09:53 AM »
I keep adding more Tantive playsets to various shopping carts online and then I change my mind. I have two that I've customized a bit to serve as a backdrop to my Rebel Alliance shelf, and another two that I have for the kids to play with (eventually). I'm kind of thinking I might want four total for that, but I haven't pulled the trigger yet.

Edit: Immediately after typing this, I saw them on Amazon for $34. I bought two.
« Last Edit: February 1, 2022, 09:55 AM by LandotheScoundrel »
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 1, 2022, 10:13 AM »

Edit: Immediately after typing this, I saw them on Amazon for $34. I bought two.

Be sure to open those and check the contents.  I've been seeing reports of people buying this set from Amazon at the lower price and the Rebel Fleet Trooper is gone.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #49 on: February 1, 2022, 11:59 AM »
Oh good call. Thanks for the heads up.
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Online Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #50 on: February 3, 2022, 05:43 PM »
My Fleet Troopers from Pulse showed up yesterday. Overall I'm very happy with them. There were a few minor paint issues on the figures, but it was mostly just the shirt colors being painted onto the neck and sides of the vest. I also would have liked to see the ammo painted on the ankle belt. It would have been cool to have gotten a little bit of variation with the helmet to match some of the on-screen versions with visors down (like the 30AC Honor Guard) or with the visor missing:

I love the new head sculpts, its really cool that they threw Doug Chiang in there. And then the dude that for some reason was always the guy that I pictured when thinking of a RFT:

Overall this was a great set and I was really glad to add these guys to my Rebel Army. They will always have a place on my shelf somewhere.

For a figure that I would have considered nearly perfect 11 years ago (except for that missing holster) I actually wouldn't mind seeing Hasbro take another crack at it, and release a new version fully updated to today's standards. Add some ball-jointed wrists, a ball jointed torso, double ball jointed neck, ball and swivel hips, rocker ankles, a holster, a soft and flexible removable vest and you'd have a near perfect figure.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2022, 02:12 AM by Ryan »
"This is the way."

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #51 on: February 4, 2022, 10:57 AM »
Nice review Ryan....we still need Jesse to weigh in on this one.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 4, 2022, 11:40 AM »
Agree on those points too, Ryan.  Some variations on the helmet would have been nice, but I think the complicating factor is that Hasbro wants to use the exact same tooling as much as possible.  But then swapping a helmet or two from the Rebel Honor Guard isn't a major imposition.

I was also hoping for one particular Rebel Fleet Trooper that was notable in the Rogue One hallway scene. 
« Last Edit: February 4, 2022, 11:41 AM by Nicklab »
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #53 on: February 15, 2022, 02:02 AM »
Nice review Ryan....we still need Jesse to weigh in on this one.

I love these army builder sets and consider them fine additions.  Superior I’d dare say to the carded figure really.  Makes it all the more meh that they didn’t at least give the Rogue One Trooper a new hair color for variety’s sake.

Now it’s like the rebels like to recruit at the retirement home.

With my sets generally I felt the paint apps were good but I think mine have some paint straying as well (like Ryan’s sets).  Such is collecting though.  I see it often these days.

Obviously the sculpt is pretty amazing… miles ahead of the potj figure.  To get some extra ethnicities now too is nice, and something I’d love seeing with the Endor and Hoth rebels and also the echo base trooper.  I’d kinda like pretty significantly new Endor Rebels though, in general.  And I’d dig seeing some Imperial Mud Troopers in a pack using some of these new parts and them to have some multiple ethnicities.

I would never turn my nose up at a new sculpt like Ryan mentioned, but honestly I don’t think we’d ever get that and I don’t think it’s necessary… but I’d totally buy a bunch, haha.  A little modding I can get these to kneel better for hallway defense posing an’nat.  The holster thing, whatcha gonna do?  Well the Echo Base Rebel you can steal his holster and belt and pop it onto the RFT.  It’s an acceptable substitute.  But it’s not accurate, no. 

I like the idea of helmet variants but I have so many of the honor guards I’ll just use those.  The white helmets that seem to lack a visor are weird but doable with some paint remover.  I’ve modded some of the antennas with real metal antenna and it looks nice I think. 

The Antilles is a mixed bag to me.  Overall I love it and feel it has a rogue one variety look to it.  It’s a superior action figure to the 03 figure, but it’s not accurate sculpt-wise to that figure, so that’s noteworthy.  I prefer the new one’s head though, to the weird Sixth Sense kid looking 03 figure’s face that wasn’t bad at the time, but I’d off now to me.  That said, I’d still buy that figure cheap and just articulate his knees haha.  He works still.  Can’t have enough Rebel variety.

I wish we’d get a Gareth Edwards variant that maybe had the Death Star plans as an accessory, someday.  I’d also never turn my nose up at a new (or new legs anyway) Antilles for a carded figure of a dude I wish had an individual card.

I have 6-7 of the new packs and I’d had a pile of the new figure to begin with, so it’s just nice having an expanded army.  It’s nice too that this sculpt has so many other “army builder” type figures that head swap easily to it.  Im assuming it was all on accident since they don’t standardize neckball size in this line like other lines do.

Now bring on the shore troopers and a billion other packs of army building goodness! 
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77