Author Topic: 2023 MCM London Comic Con Panel Reveals  (Read 260 times)

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
2023 MCM London Comic Con Panel Reveals
« on: October 27, 2023, 03:23 PM »
Setting up a thread as it sounds like there will be more TVC and BS6" reveals tomorrow....  let's hope the reveals are more exciting than today's snoozer TVC reveal.

By my math, 11:30am London time is 5:30am CT / 6:30am ET.

Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
Re: 2023 MCM London Comic Con Panel Reveals
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2023, 11:08 AM »
Welp, I just saw photos of Dooku, Finn, and another clone trooper. 

I’m so incredibly bored with this line right now.  Painted Ewoks, Anakin v Vader… re-releases galore.  I think Hasbro is just catering to new collectors and I kind of get it, but damn. 

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2023, 01:37 PM »
https://yakfaceforums.com/main/2023/10/28/mcm-london-2023-reveals/

I hear you.  Dooku looks good but is something I already have so I can't get super excited paying $17 for an upgrade.  That Phase 1 Clone looks to be suffering from BFH (big fat helmet) syndrome which is all too common these days with the removable helmets.  Hope it looks better in person.  Finn on a TVC card purely for the carded collectors?  I get what they are doing there, but that's a big pass from me. Just a lot of "meh" here.

The pipeline reveals were also good and bad.  Doing alternate versions of Ezra (Ahsoka), Kanan (Rebels S1), and Zeb (Rebels S1) allows them to stick to the "Rebels Season 3-4 versions are exclusive to HasLab" but also lets them get those guys out to people who did not back The Ghost. Fine, I guess.  I'll probaby end up picking those up if they are different enough from the Ghost Haslab versions. 

Not much to say on the nighttrooper set.  Another one that is limited by putting the one named/differnt leader guy in there.  I'd have probably bought 2-3 and now I'll just stick to one I guess since I don't need multiple Enochs.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2023, 10:44 AM by Jeff »

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2023, 01:55 PM »
Not much to say on the nighttrooper set.  Another one that is limited by putting the one named/different leader guy in there.  I'd have probably bought 2-3 and now I'll just stick to one I guess since I don't need multiple Enochs.

Really?  Man, Hasbro doesn't know how to make these troop builder sets work.  Enoch is easily a carded figure and then just through in various different Nighttroopers (yeah, I get each one was pretty unique in design, but those didn't stand out as much as Enoch since he was the only one with that particular faceplate.

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2023, 02:33 PM »
Jayson noted that everything revealed was a fan channel figure.  I thought that was kind of odd as well.

Totally agree that the selections were crappy/weird (other than the NightTroopers set), and the part that I don't get is the fan channel aspect.  Maybe I don't understand who exactly shops via fan channel, but that makes me think "collector".  What collector wants these TPM figures?  I get that they want to do a carded version of The Ghost figures and that retail probably wouldn't be a great spot for these.

I sure hope there are mainline retail figures still coming from Andor or other relevant shows that weren't shown as I'm not sure other than the NightTroopers set that there will be anything that I pre-order.

Hasbro's efforts here (and in Black Series that I've dropped) have been pretty weak lately.  I sure hope there is some good stuff still coming.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2023, 10:07 AM »
Hasbro uploaded a nice video recap of the London MCM Star Wars reveals.