Author Topic: Disney Marvel Cinematic Universe  (Read 27578 times)

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
Re: Disney Marvel Cinematic Universe
« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2018, 02:04 PM »
I would like to kindly ask that No Spoilers be posted. A lot of people like to stay spoiler free as it really does ruin an awesome movie. Thank you.

Thanks for taking care of it Dale.....I was going to make another thread warning people....the only thing I could think of.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 28, 2018, 04:23 PM »
Sorry, I didn't realize this was a non-spoiler thread
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Online GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 29, 2018, 12:24 AM »
My spoiler-less thoughts.

Wish very much I knew more about these characters going in. Honestly never heard of a few.

That being said it was a wonderful movie. I never thought I'd say this but now I need to go back and see a bunch of Marvel movies.

I don't love going nuts on positive or negative right after seeing something, but top 5 movie ending of all time. Acknowledging I have no clue if it follows an existing story arc.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2018, 01:40 PM by GrandMoffNick »
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline BillCable

• Jedi General
  • CreatureCantina.com SUCKS!!
    • View Profile
    • CreatureCantina.com
« Reply #18 on: April 29, 2018, 12:25 AM »
Infinity War is tracking very close to the all-time highest opening weekend (The Force Awakens).  I'm saying it breaks it.  It's just so good.
Bill Cable - Steeler Fan & Star Wars Collector
  http://CreatureCantina.com       
"Cable is incapable of contributing anything positive to this world" - cstoj

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 29, 2018, 01:27 PM »
Saw it yesterday.  Ten years of build up and it was mostly ruined by one line by Diddly.

You suck man!
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Online GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 29, 2018, 09:53 PM »
What other movies is Thanos in other than GotG?
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 29, 2018, 11:08 PM »
What other movies is Thanos in other than GotG?
Stinger at the end of Avengers 1 and 2.

Here's the first.

Here's the second.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Online GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 29, 2018, 11:11 PM »
Cool. Thanks

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 30, 2018, 07:17 PM »
Saw this Friday and I'm still reeling from it.  Totally awesome movie and fully exceeded my expectations.  Seeing all the characters meet up was fun, and they still added lots of fun moments despite a much more serious edge on this movie.  Pacing was great too despite major characters and plot lines all over the place.  I did think there would be some rough spots for die hard fans in this movie and it did not disappoint, though the way it went down was very different from what I was expecting.  I don't think its a spolier to just say that this is the Empire Strikes back of this generation.  Can't wait to go see it again.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 30, 2018, 08:08 PM »
I saw it this afternoon after work.  And it was an amazing film experience, comic book movie or not.  I was genuinely shocked and surprised at multiple points.  I'll respect the no spoiler request for the time being.  But you really will want to see this movie!
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Chris M

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Time to nut up or shut up.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 6, 2018, 05:29 PM »
I got in to see this yesterday afternoon...had to sweet talk my daughter to get her to go with me.  I was blown away and I loved it.  A ton of stuff to digest.  I can't wait for the next installment.
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."  Ben franklin

Embrace the suck.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 7, 2018, 09:12 AM »
Saw it last night, eeesh. Sort of wished I had paid more attention before going in because I thought the plan was to wrap everything up in one film.  :(

It was great and all but my overwhelming feeling after walking out was they just spent 2+ hours destroying everything they worked so hard for the past decade to build.

I also don't see how they can release any more Marvel movies now until IW 2. (Ant Man and Ms Marvel or whatever excepted)

A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 7, 2018, 09:20 AM »
My daughter when to see it on friday. She absolutely loved it but had no clue who most of the characters were. She recognized Spiderman but wondered where the Flash was. She is a big Flash fan on the WB. I had to explain that the Flash is DC not Marvel.

Anyway this was MCU's version of Godzilla destroying Tokyo with nothing anyone can do about it.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 7, 2018, 12:44 PM »

I also don't see how they can release any more Marvel movies now until IW 2. (Ant Man and Ms Marvel or whatever excepted)

It does seem to be a bit complicated from that standpoint.  From what I understand, production/principal photography on IW2 wrapped this past fall.

*POSSIBLE SPOILERS* The sense I get is that the Time Stone factors in greatly here.  It played a significant role in Dr. Strange as he faced Dormamu, and it will probably factor in here, too.  But it seems like the sense of jeopardy surrounding Infinity War may have been diminished since production of GotG Vol 3 has been announced, and pretty much all of the Guardians bought the farm in IW. *POSSIBLE SPOILERS*

« Last Edit: May 7, 2018, 12:45 PM by Nicklab »
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline EdSolo

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 8, 2018, 06:43 AM »
The simplest answer to releasing new movies is that there are only two on the schedule before Avengers 4.  Ant Man and the Wasp is next, which I believe takes place before the events of Infinity War.  After that is Captain Marvel, which will be set in the 90's.  All future movies will be released after Avenger's 4, so the next Avengers movie will set the table for what comes next.