Author Topic: Walmart Black Series 3.75" Wave 2  (Read 39778 times)

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
Re: Walmart Black Series 3.75" Wave 2
« Reply #30 on: November 26, 2015, 08:40 AM »
This wave might be the only reason why I try going to any stores tomorrow, because there are more indicators that this wave will be showing up everywhere soon. 
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 26, 2015, 01:53 PM »
In all my years of collecting, I have yet to observe a Black Friday that specifically debuted new SW product. Not even going to contemplate going out in that racket.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 26, 2015, 10:44 PM »
Found this wave in Elgin, Texas tonight on the way home from Thanksgiving dinner. I wiped the Walmart out, as you can see on my Twitter.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #33 on: November 28, 2015, 07:16 PM »
One of my nearby WMs had a lone set of these, and they're fabulous.  Kylo Ren is the definite winner to me.  Gonna open here, and enjoy some TFA poseability for the first time.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 29, 2015, 09:09 AM »
Jesse, what do you think of the FO Stormtrooper so far?

Feedback

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #35 on: November 30, 2015, 01:32 AM »
I was able to do some fiddling this weekend, and I gotta say the Stormtrooper is incredible, as SA Stormtroopers should be.  The poseability is outstanding, and just kinda made me bummed about the 5POA.  I've gotten most of those for less than their retail cost, otherwise I'd not have purchased them I think.  And now having SA Ren and Stormie in-hand, they're just so much more fun (I didn't buy a 5POA Ren though as a comparison).

The figure just felt like a sigh of relief upon sitting around messing with it. 

It's probably the only direction this film release I'd bitch, is the 5POA line vs. better articulated figures.  I think both could have a place, but honestly I'd preferred they just dumb articulation down to 30AC levels, sell figures for less than $13 but more than $7, and just lower the expectation that EVERYTHING will be SA...  These SA figures though, they kinda took the wind out of my sails on the 5POA I do have.  As it is, I'd been kinda picking on them lately because they ironically don't stand well.  I can't think of any outside of the pilots that actually do stand well in this line.

The flame and regular trooper both topple easily as does Rey...  The Finn I got seems ok though.  That just seems kinda funny to me given that being one of the supposed improvements.  To me, if the feet are sculpted flat, there's no problem.  It's when Hasbro gets all fancy pants on trying to have a slight step to the figure's stance that they can ruin even low articulation on stability.  Look at POTF2 Ceremony Luke, Ponda Baba, and others... Things back in the day seem to be remembered with some rose colored glasses I think.  Hell, original Han from 78 fell over pretty easily.  Chewbacca too, Luke... I feel that's a "plus" to lower articulation that needs nixed from the list, just my opinion.

I will say, if these were pre-orderable, and you were guaranteed to get your figure, and the line weren't 60+ figs a year, I'd be fully behind that.  I'm not against a lesser line and collector grade stuff relegated to an exclusive role, just wishing it was an exclusive with a pre-order online available is all.

Anyway kind of on a tangent there.  I really had fun fiddling with these this weekend.  I hope they're widely available.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 30, 2015, 02:35 PM »
Had to stop by Wal-Mart for so etching else so I figured I'd take a stroll through the action figures and was lucky enough to find a lone Kylo Ren. Wish I would have been there soon enough to find the others but was happy to at least get one. Like Jesse mentioned, I'd be fine with becoming an exclusive line, able to be preordered too.

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 30, 2015, 05:46 PM »
Hit up a few WalMarts on the way into work and I was able to score everything I wanted plus a full set for another local collector/member of this site.

I have only opened up the First Order Stormtrooper so far and it is a fantastic figure. It really is a shame that more figures can't be like this.

Two things bother me about how Wave 2 has been "handled" so far...
1) There should have been NO carry-forward figures from Wave 1. Will Wave 1 & 2 figures be carried forward into the Wave 3 case? That seems like a huge mistake.
2) The online ordering option, contrary to the original press release, was never made available. Why not?

Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #38 on: November 30, 2015, 06:42 PM »
Maybe it'll come after?  Who knows.

On repacks...  It's tough to say they can do waves of completely new stuff.  I dunno.  Without seeing books, how many are being made, all that stuff...  Usually waves are balanced out individually so who knows.  Wave 1 sold here, fairly well.  Even this last round has moved somewhat with the holiday rush.

Wave 2 is obviously moving better though.  ::)

The Stormtrooper is really awesome...  If someone's bitching about not being able to find these in one breath, then bitching about something minor wrong with it (to them) in the next breath, I gotta say I hope they don't find any then.  To me it's just a fun figure.  So is Kylo...

Leia really is meh though.  Yikes.  I thought of getting a 2nd, but yeah, no.  Not now.

She seems pretty low production run if the case packs are true...  Rightly so.  She's bad.  She doesn't look bad (IMO) she just is not valued out to me.  DSE Leia would've been much cooler had they done softgoods only on her, and the overall good articulation.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #39 on: December 1, 2015, 12:37 PM »
Will Wave 1 & 2 figures be carried forward into the Wave 3 case? That seems like a huge mistake.

If the Robot Kingdom listing is correct, yes.  Kylo (x2), FO Stormtrooper (x1) and Luke (x1, ::)) are repacked in Wave 3.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Online Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 1, 2015, 01:40 PM »
1 stormtrooper?  They've lost their minds.

Offline indysolo007

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 2, 2015, 01:47 PM »
Finally found wave two this morning just outside of Boston. Toy manager said truck was out for delivery today so I swung into Walmart before work and they were putting a fresh case out. Looked like 5 Kylo's, 3 storm troopers, 2 Leia and the rest repacks.

I grabbed two Stormtroopers and 1 Leia and Kylo. I made a trade with a Canadian collector for a set of 3 for 6 inch Poe/_Riot control set but it's been held up in a Chicago usps customs sorting center for over a week. Will just return a set (and maybe keep a 3rd stormtrooper).

Dare I say, bring on wave 3?!? (To the shores of America that is)

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 2, 2015, 04:20 PM »
I found Kylo Ren and the FO Stormtrooper just outside of NYC today.  Oddly enough, there were no Leia's on hand.  Strange. 

Feedback

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #43 on: December 2, 2015, 08:01 PM »
I thought Leia would be the Peg Warmer on this wave.  Although, there are plenty of 5 POA Stormtroopers and Kyloe Rens out there.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #44 on: December 2, 2015, 10:43 PM »
I don't see many of the 5 POA of either of those ever around here, and Kylo especially.  Dollar General was one of the only places that seemed to have stock even.

Leia's short-packed I do believe.  I think that's part of her scarcity.