Author Topic: 2021 Kenner Retro Collection - The Mandalorian  (Read 10032 times)

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
Re: 2021 Kenner Retro Collection - The Mandalorian
« Reply #30 on: October 27, 2020, 10:29 AM »
Any advantages to ordering off Amazon vs. Pulse? or Vice versa?  I get free shipping on both, assuming both charge tax...
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 27, 2020, 10:36 AM »
Any advantages to ordering off Amazon vs. Pulse? or Vice versa?  I get free shipping on both, assuming both charge tax...

I think JD will get a few pennies for their servers if you use the Amazon affiliate links that Jeff provided.  I tend to go that route if both are available, but in general I've not found any difference really between ordering from each.  Sometimes one is a little faster than another, but it varies.

I think maybe if you're a carded collector you might have a better chance at getting a good card/box from Pulse as they always use cardboard boxes to ship your items.

My guess is that purchasing through Pulse might provide some better margins for Hasbro and lead to more Star Wars toys too. 

My preferences for ordering:
1a - Amazon (with affiliate links)
1b - Pulse
2 - Target
3 - Entertainment Earth (with affiliate links)
4 - Walmart

Not sure if JD gets $ from affiliate links with Target and Walmart or not.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #32 on: October 27, 2020, 10:48 AM »
I think maybe if you're a carded collector you might have a better chance at getting a good card/box from Pulse as they always use cardboard boxes to ship your items.

This is probably the key.  HasbroPulse does a bit better job on packing.  Not perfect of course, but none of the "smashed figure in a bubble mailer" type stories like you see on Amazon.

Not sure if JD gets $ from affiliate links with Target and Walmart or not.

Nope. Just Amazon and EE.  Target and Walmart dropped us a long while back because we didn't have the clicks/traffic to stay in their affiliate programs. :-\ 
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 3, 2020, 01:44 PM »
Honestly dunno how I feel about these. They're neat, but don't really need them in my collection.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #34 on: April 14, 2021, 08:16 PM »
So Entertainment Earth is sending the Mando figure I ordered, I'm still waiting on the Child figure I ordered through them.

I also ordered a full case to get some extras through EE and I have the rest coming through Hasbro Pulse....although they say they will be released in July!
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #35 on: April 15, 2021, 02:52 PM »
Honestly dunno how I feel about these. They're neat, but don't really need them in my collection.

I'm with you. I feel the same way about the Star Trek Next Generation retro figures that were just announced. It's like didn't we already do this? Give me modern sculpt, articulation and paint apps any day.
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 27, 2021, 11:29 AM »
Picked a set up at WM the other day. I love them. Sign me up for more new sculpt vintage looking figs. It makes me feel like I'm adding to my vintage collection without spending a boat load of cash.
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 6, 2021, 08:44 AM »
I happened across some of these yesterday.  And like previously Retro Collection offerings, my feelings are mixed.  The distressed look of the card seems like it's not hitting the mark.  And only a few of the figures have really done it for me.  So I picked up two that I really liked, and I was fine with leaving the others behind.  I got the Mandalorian and IG-11.  I'm tempted to get Kuiil, but I think the figure doesn't look good, and my real motivation for getting that figure would be to display it with the TVC figures since there isn't a TVC Kuiil.  So I have to practice what I preach - PATIENCE.  A TVC Kuiil will get here eventually.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Muftak

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Cardboard Entrepreneur
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 12, 2021, 11:38 PM »
Entertainment Earth charged me for my case of these. I placed the order on 10/26/20 and when I had checked two weeks back it said they were delayed til July, but it seems like they arrived on time after all.

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 13, 2021, 10:34 AM »
My child retro figure should be arriving tomorrow.  I ordered a case to have extras to open of everything, but I was pretty late to the game on it....it might take until July.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Muftak

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Cardboard Entrepreneur
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 20, 2021, 06:28 PM »
Entertainment Earth charged me for my case of these. I placed the order on 10/26/20 and when I had checked two weeks back it said they were delayed til July, but it seems like they arrived on time after all.

The package arrived today. Hasbro case inside an EE box. I'll leave it as is for now since I already got my openers, but if I don't find a 2nd Mando in the store this summer I will have to bust it open to repaint one in full beskar.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #41 on: May 20, 2021, 09:55 PM »
My retro case came earlier this week and REALLY quickly.  I was shocked given recent experiences.  EE is back baby!

This time anyway.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 27, 2021, 07:57 PM »
My case of these figures is on the way from EE.  Someday Hasbro Pulse might ship them.  ::)
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 1, 2021, 12:42 PM »
My case from EE has arrived.  It's nice to have the carded collection of these complete!  I'm now waiting on my order from Hasbro Pulse so I can have one open of each with the exception of the Remnant Stormtrooper.  (I'm not buying another monopoly game to get an opener.)
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 1, 2021, 03:03 PM »
I found a Moff Gideon at Target two days ago... so that's nice.  Still waiting on the rest to ship.