Author Topic: 2020 Kenner Retro Collection - ESB  (Read 6325 times)

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
Re: 2020 Kenner Retro Collection - ESB
« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2020, 02:41 PM »
Boba sold out in moments. Ridiculous. And ordering delivery from Walmart is about as bad a ordering collectables from Amazon.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2020, 10:34 PM »
As long as they don’t do another 18-variant prototype figure at comic con I can live with these being a little bit of a pain in the ass. 

Offline Muftak

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Cardboard Entrepreneur
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 24, 2020, 04:34 AM »
As long as they don’t do another 18-variant prototype figure at comic con I can live with these being a little bit of a pain in the ass.

At the same time, how could they pass up the opportunity to do a first shot Boba Fett...just think of the rocket color variations alone!

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 24, 2020, 06:34 AM »
Why would they do that? It's not like anyone would try and buy them all..........  ;)
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #19 on: February 24, 2020, 10:10 AM »
Why would they do that? It's not like anyone would try and buy them all..........  ;)

I can just imagine a corporate strategy meeting at Hasbro where they have a picture of Rob in the PowerPoint and they are specifically coming up with products designed to separate him from his money.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 24, 2020, 10:25 AM »

I can just imagine a corporate strategy meeting at Hasbro where they have a picture of Rob in the PowerPoint and they are specifically coming up with products designed to separate him from his money.

Even I've got a breaking point with this stuff, and if they consistently do things with THAT MANY intentional variants, I can't justify it.  It was fun the one time, but if they do it again it needs to be like 1/3rd of that or less for me to stick with it.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 24, 2020, 11:30 AM »
Between these and the Gamestop Exclusives, I'm starting to lose my interest in collecting.  This BS about having to be online to catch the news and order instantly or you miss out is so dumb.  Feed the scalpers and hoarders, starve the die hard collectors who maybe aren't online 24-7 or need more than a minute to digest your product.  Apparently Hasbro is unfamiliar with the story of how limited editions killed the Star Trek Playmates line.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 24, 2020, 12:56 PM »
I was out of town and seem to have missed the preorder already?  I saw Jayson's post, but can't find product pages at Walmart.com.  Am I doing it wrong?

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 24, 2020, 02:59 PM »
I'm surprised they're continuing this line. Did the ANH set ever appear in stores outside of that brief "exclusive" weekend at Target?
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #24 on: February 24, 2020, 03:48 PM »
There is a very good chance that these will play out like last year's set - exclusive to big box, then available online at EE afterwards.

I am not stressing about missing out on pre-ordering at Walmart.com.  I have zero faith that Walmart.com will ship me minty cards anyway.  I'll just wait for the Fall and hopefully be able to order a case from EE to get guaranteed minty-cards.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 24, 2020, 08:19 PM »
I have zero faith that Walmart.com will ship me minty cards anyway.  I'll just wait for the Fall and hopefully be able to order a case from EE to get guaranteed minty-cards.

Exactly.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 24, 2020, 08:53 PM »
And I'll be happy I have a set in 2 1/2 months. The word "hopefully" scares me personally.
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline EdSolo

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 25, 2020, 06:54 AM »
I have zero faith that Walmart.com will ship me minty cards anyway.  I'll just wait for the Fall and hopefully be able to order a case from EE to get guaranteed minty-cards.

Exactly.

This is my hope as well.  I had to go to Target multiple times just to find the game with Tarkin, never saw any evidence of the wave of six.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 25, 2020, 11:47 AM »

Exactly.

This is my hope as well.  I had to go to Target multiple times just to find the game with Tarkin, never saw any evidence of the wave of six.

It was a lot of work to track those down. And A LOT of people were out there trying to find them. My closest Walmart has a guy who buys anything potentially valuable on the secondary market, so it's pretty much a dead store. All other WalMarts else are a bit of a drive.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 25, 2020, 01:04 PM »
I was only able to get the Target ones because I happened to find a store that happened to have a DPCI checker and they happened to have a full case sitting in the back.  Never saw any sign of them after that.  If that was my experience at Target, you can see why I and others are concerned about finding them at Walmart.  If they do end up on EE, that would be far more convenient, though I'm starting to feel like the entirety of this hobby is moving online.  I know its more convenient for some, but my household is not one that is very receptive to constant deliveries of toys at the front door.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today