Author Topic: X-Men/Wolverine Movies  (Read 85675 times)

Offline BillCable

• Jedi General
  • CreatureCantina.com SUCKS!!
    • View Profile
    • CreatureCantina.com
Re: X-Men/Wolverine Movies
« Reply #270 on: February 17, 2016, 12:20 PM »
I would not be surprised to see Deadpool in the last Wolverine movie.

And I agree that Hollywood will learn the wrong lesson.  The lesson isn't "do R-rated, goofy superhero movies."  The lesson is "these characters are popular for a reason - make a good movie that respects that reason."
Bill Cable - Steeler Fan & Star Wars Collector
  http://CreatureCantina.com       
"Cable is incapable of contributing anything positive to this world" - cstoj

Offline Qui-Gon Jim

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: February 17, 2016, 01:00 PM »
Completely agree.  I don't think it is popular and successful because it is rated R. I think it has been successful because it is a different animal than all the other comic book films. 

Again and again, when the filmmakers respect the original creations there is success.  See all of the MCU films, and see the FF remake as the opposite evidence.

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #272 on: February 18, 2016, 12:22 AM »
I loved the fourth wall breaking, but the best part was how he spelled out Francis.  :D
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: February 25, 2016, 12:54 PM »
I saw Deadpool yesterday.

Mediocre. Very safe. Characters that felt like they were chosen by a committee. None of those things applied to Deadpool.  :D

I like Deadpool's comment at the X-Men mansion.  And the mocking of X-Men Origins Wolverine.

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: April 25, 2016, 06:17 PM »
Standard Internet reactions: (My responses)
Fire Singer. (Yes, the guy who made the first successful Marvel superhero movie)
Give rights back to Marvel (so Marvel movies can become even more convoluted cross-overs)
Mystique is not an X-Man or the leader of the X-Men.  (Seems like mutant characters switched sides a lot)
It's J-Law's fault for being a bigger star now. (Nerds decided they hate her.)
Costumes aren't comic book-accurate (Somethings don't translate well into live action)
Why have none of the characters aged since last film was in the 70's and this is the 80's. (They want CGI Patrick Stewart back?)
Apocalypse isn't fearsome/large/threatening/whatever-enough. (At least he isn't some normal human guy in a business suit or some cop-out)
Of course can't have an X-Men movie without him. (Whatever)

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: May 30, 2016, 12:18 AM »
I saw X-Men: Apocalypse tonight and I enjoyed it. It definitely wasn't horrible like people are making it out to be. I think the vogue thing to do now is to bash Fox's X-Men Franchise in some weird hope that Fox will relinquish the rights back to Disney. The fact that Disney just signed a deal with Fox to allow for X-Men based TV shows and the fact that Fox has several X-Men Universe franchise movies in the works means that no matter how badly this movie "tanks", the rights are staying exactly where they are.

In fact, I think this movie when taken together with X-Men: First Class and X-Men: Days of Future Past, closes out what should be considered as a much stronger trilogy of X-Men movies than X-Men, X2 & X3: The Last Stand are.

Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline BillCable

• Jedi General
  • CreatureCantina.com SUCKS!!
    • View Profile
    • CreatureCantina.com
« Reply #277 on: May 30, 2016, 10:00 AM »
Deadpool made Fox 5 X-Men's worth of box office profits.  Those rights aren't going anywhere.
Bill Cable - Steeler Fan & Star Wars Collector
  http://CreatureCantina.com       
"Cable is incapable of contributing anything positive to this world" - cstoj

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #278 on: May 31, 2016, 03:54 AM »
I just got back from Apocalypse and thought they did a good job overall.  I saw some reports that people were complaining about Sophie Turner's accent, but I thought she did a good job.  I also love how they handle Quicksilver's power!  It was awesome in Days of Future Past and it's just as enjoyable here!
« Last Edit: June 2, 2016, 01:40 AM by Matt_Fury »
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: June 1, 2016, 09:14 PM »
Saw it and it was pretty decent. No great surprises, but entertaining.  The new versions of characters were mostly good. Jubilee gets shorted again. It's hard to reconcile Angel with  X-Men The Last Stand's Angel even in the messed up timeline where people haven't aged much since the Cuban missile crisis. But I guess it's like the comics in that regard!  ;)

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: June 3, 2016, 03:58 PM »
Saw this a few days ago, and I'm honestly unsure of what to think of it. It wasn't bad at all, but wasn't really memorable either. Honestly I'm kind of over the Magneto/Mystique story and wouldn't mind if they were left out of the next movie completely. With the [SPOILER] tease in the post-credits scene, I'm assuming the next movie will be set in the 90's, so I hope we get some Jim Lee costume designs.

And can someone find the X-Men's secrets to combating aging? :P
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline jedipurge

• Jedi Apprentice
  • follow me on Instagram: VadersEmpire78
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: June 10, 2016, 05:52 PM »
theres a 'clip' of wolvie running around in Weapon X gear killing soldiers on Instagram. looked decent but still didn't seem deadpool violent level. looked really dark and didn't seem any more violent then X2 when he was killing soldiers in the X mansion. I want to see limbs flying off and blood spray, what else would you expect from blades that cut through anything like a hot knife through butter   >:D
Harmless is the most dangerous of perceptions, you never expect it to strike.-Purge

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: June 12, 2016, 10:25 PM »
Well, it's still PG-13. Wolverine 3 will be R.

Apocalypse isn't doing as well as hoped, at least compared to Days of Future's Past.

But it really looks like TMNT's film franchise might be dead now.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: June 13, 2016, 03:36 PM »
But it really looks like TMNT's film franchise might be dead now.

As it should have been a decade or two ago...
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #284 on: October 20, 2016, 09:33 AM »
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird