Author Topic: 2010 "Vintage" Basic Figure Line  (Read 57436 times)

Offline 501ST

• Jedi Initiate
  • Deus Ex Machina
    • View Profile
Re: 2010 "Vintage" Basic Figure Line
« Reply #195 on: May 30, 2010, 12:19 PM »
From Yakface:

The Vintage Collection Wave 3
1x Gamorrean Guard (21482)
1x Ackbar (21483)
1x Jedi Luke (21484)
1x Skiff Guard - Woof (21485)
1x R2 with Pop-up Lightsaber & Drink Tray (21486)
1x Rebel Commando (21487)
1x Yoda with Hover Chair (21481)
1x Wicket & Kneesaa (21488)
1x Rebel Pilot (Wedge) (21489)
1x Clone Trooper (20833)
1x Sandtrooper (20832)
1x Darth Vader (97580)

The Vintage Collection Wave 4
1x Zam Wiessel (24989)
1x Obi-Wan (24990)
1x Peasant Anakin (24991)
1x Peasant Padme (24992)
1x Jango Fett (24993)
1x Kit Fisto (24988)
1x Mace Windu (24994)
1x Blue Senate Guard (24995)
1x Super Battle Droid (24996)
1x Grievous with Cape (20824)
1x Sandtrooper (20832)
1x Darth Vader (97580)

There are some very interesting choices here.  Very excited obviously by Wedge (hope he's not labeled Rebel Pilot on the card...) and Peasant Padme.  Kneesa???

agreed...

At the risk of sounding foolish I was wondering are (any or some of) these re-sculpts?

e.g. Ackbar was last done in POTF2 wasn't he?
A bank is a place that will lend you money if you can prove that you don't need it.

Bob Hope

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: May 30, 2010, 01:47 PM »
I am SO stoked! I'm surprised that R2-D2 w/ pop-out lightsaber is already making it out so quickly considering that, just a few months ago in a Q/A, Hasbro said that they would consider making him. Wow. They really do listen (sometimes). ;)

I can say that I'm looking forward to the AOTC wave the most. I have been one of those screaming for a Zam Wesell upgrade - I hope she comes with a plentiful amount of accessories.

As for ROTJ Luke, isn't he going to be an upgrade from the LC ROTJ 2009 Wave??
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: June 1, 2010, 02:21 PM »
Looking at these lists from Yakface (which I'm guessing are probably pretty close to dead on, looking at recent rumors), it looks like we're going to see more of the same formula for TVC moving forward.  A couple all new figures, a couple resculpts and upgrades, and some repacks of "never before on vintage card" figures.  Personally, I'm ok with this break down.  A lot of what I want at this point is resculpts, and much of that is OT-based.  I'm cool with seeing some figures on vintage cards that haven't seen it before like the Sandtrooper, or maybe something like Slave Leia, Stormtrooper Han, etc. as well (plus the prequel figures, depending on your opinion of that).  I'm always up for more background "never before made" characters too, but it looks like we won't see quite as much of that for right now.  Even so, we've had a great run of those type of figures I think when you look over what we've gotten over the past 5 years.  Plus, I don't know how much I care about various Senator-type characters from the prequels anymore at this point anyways - its more the OT stuff (and maybe stuff like Cliegg Lars and podracers) that I'd like to see at this point.

Offline John C

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: June 1, 2010, 02:58 PM »
Instead of constantly repacking the Sandtrooper, they should give us a clean Stormtrooper in every wave.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #199 on: June 1, 2010, 03:10 PM »
Technically...  they are. :)  At least to me...  The black pauldron Sandtrooper was, to me, the ultimate Stormtrooper army builder...  He came with field gear, but was a crisp clean white color...  That was my favorite.  They tossed the VOTC Stormtrooper back out, but really I'd rather pay the same and get all the extra gear the Sandie was coming with.

I actually WANT this Sandtrooper/Stormtrooper repacked though.  The added ball-jointed hips, a unique rifle...  I am pretty happy to rebuy this figure a little bit this year since this one only came with the Dewback.  I won't buy a ton, but this is one I will pick a couple up just because it's so unique/different from the others, and improved a little.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline CloneF13Y35

• Jedi Padawan
  • I think I"m a CLone Now
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: June 12, 2010, 11:46 AM »
I need to get another IG-88 so I'm glad they are re-releasing him; awesome figure with awesome articulation but the soft plastic caused a few mishaps: broke the head off, broke the left arm off at the connection to the shoulder and broke a couple wires. Might get three more so I can have the quartet of IG-88s, A, B, C and D. Just the geek in me ;)
I also want to get the current Zuckess and then the upcoming Dengar. I love me some bounty hunters.
I'd also hope they'd re-release the Votc Tusken Raider, maybe with better elbow joints. He was a very cool figure and I'm glad I got 'one', just wished the TRU Tusken w/Bantha set hadn't been so frakking expensive. Would love that thing. Never went on clearance here ( in NC) even when they switched from the tan set to the reddish set.
{{|///////Frank//}[================>
"I think I'm a Clone now"
"No I'm not!"
"Yes - I AM"

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: June 12, 2010, 06:09 PM »
So is there a "street date" for this stuff or will it start leaking out early in late July?  Good thing we got all those comic packs and the TRU stuff, but I honestly can't remember this large of a gap at retail....well maybe that stint with Saga1 back in the day.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: June 12, 2010, 06:55 PM »
So is there a "street date" for this stuff or will it start leaking out early in late July?  Good thing we got all those comic packs and the TRU stuff, but I honestly can't remember this large of a gap at retail....well maybe that stint with Saga1 back in the day.

No firm street date.  But Hasbro did state in the most recent Q&A that figures should start showing up in the U.S. on or around August 1st.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: June 13, 2010, 12:23 PM »
I am SO stoked! I'm surprised that R2-D2 w/ pop-out lightsaber is already making it out so quickly considering that, just a few months ago in a Q/A, Hasbro said that they would consider making him. Wow. They really do listen (sometimes). ;)

If it was just a few months ago, and he's really coming out now, then they were working on him long before the Q&A and decided to hold back on telling everyone.

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: June 13, 2010, 09:11 PM »
No firm street date.  But Hasbro did state in the most recent Q&A that figures should start showing up in the U.S. on or around August 1st.

I'm somewhat disappointed that there's no Midnight Madness event planned.  :(
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: June 13, 2010, 09:17 PM »

I'm somewhat disappointed that there's no Midnight Madness event planned.  :(

Most of us were disappointed like 5 waves ago when they barely showed up in stores  :D
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda