Author Topic: Galactic Heroes Thread  (Read 352184 times)

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: Playskool Galactic Heroes Thread
« Reply #345 on: July 14, 2005, 12:12 PM »
I don't mind repacks so much with the Galactic Heroes, like what they did in the past.  But it's incredibly annoying to pack a new/repainted figure with an old/unchanged figure.   :(

I've managed to grab all of them up to now, but I'm not sure how hard I'll work to get these ones...

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: July 14, 2005, 02:09 PM »
I don't necessarily mind the repacks either, when done like in the past....1 new figure, 1 repack figure....in each 2 pack.  I guess it is kind of hard to predict what the future will hold since all of Hasbro's lines seem to be in redeco/repack mode right now, but I'm wondering how much is left in the GH line.  Hopefully it continues on with some new figures, and even better, some new vehicles!

Offline Holographic Elvis

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I'll punch you in the junk!
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: July 14, 2005, 06:51 PM »
Well considering I never see any paks w/ Anakin or Vader around here, I think those are good re-releases.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: July 14, 2005, 09:44 PM »
Found the blue clone and Chewie pack today.  Was pleased to see Chewie is a new sculpt.  Oddly this was the only package I saw at all.

And seeing Jay's picks I'm annoyed again.  Lotsa nice clones.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline dafoo

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: July 14, 2005, 10:45 PM »
UGH, I hate the mix the new in with the old method.  I wrote Galoob a nasty letter about that when they reissued the old packs with new vehicles mixed in.

They are a couple of repainted clones, pack them together and ship lots, don't dump the yoda and Chewie in, I have them already I dont' want more.  Why must they screw this up!?  They had the 2 clones pack, that was a smart move.

bah, bah on hasbro.  A Pox on your house you evildoers
who Learned you To spoke!

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: July 14, 2005, 11:06 PM »
I feel your pain dafoo.  I didn't have any desire for an ROTS Chewie, but I wanted the clone.  Same for these coming. 

I find myself giving toys to kids more and more these days.  Too many duplicates. :(

Offline dafoo

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: July 14, 2005, 11:19 PM »
Heh, yeah they already have 2 chewie's, is that a THIRD one?  that's like 3 of them out of what 20 figures total?!

My nephew just got into Star Wars and for some reason he's all into Jawas.  I dug out one of my duplicate 2 Jawas/1 card POTF2 and gave it to him has a birthday present. I don't think he appreciated the 10 year old mint package when he ripped it in half opening it.

Couldn't help but get a little anxious over that lol

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: July 15, 2005, 09:25 AM »
I read this morning that it sounds as if Hasbro made a correction to their Galactic Heroes display at ComicCon.  Apparently it is indeed Obi-Wan that will be coming with the "Utapau" styled yellow trooper, which makes more sense.

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: July 15, 2005, 10:05 AM »
Found the blue clone and Chewie pack today.  Was pleased to see Chewie is a new sculpt.  Oddly this was the only package I saw at all.

Brent, you still need the other two?  I'm fairly certain I can get them for you.  Let me know and we'll work something out.
Common sense isn't so common

Offline Jim

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: July 17, 2005, 07:11 PM »
So was there any mention of more OT figs?  I agree with you all that putting a clone in with another released fig sucks.  Fortuneately my son loves the Jedi and I gain an extra Clone with these packs.

I cant believe they have not re-released the Hoth and Endor figs seperately.  I still would love a Tie Fighter and a Greedo in this line.  Plus a two pack Han and Luke Storm.  They pulled off the rem helmet with Lando Skiff really good.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2005, 07:15 AM by rebeltrader »

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: July 17, 2005, 09:56 PM »

Brent, you still need the other two?  I'm fairly certain I can get them for you.  Let me know and we'll work something out.

I don't think so Mikey, but thanks.  My interest is waning a bit.  I picked this up since the the Chewie is at least different and the clone is obviously unique.  The others are not so interesting, at least the current ones.  I'd like to have Kit Fisto, but not with some other figure I already have.

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: July 18, 2005, 05:32 PM »
Even though I don't collect the GH stuff (the Bounty Hunters and Vader/Kenobi are all I have at the present time), I hadn't seen this mentioned anywhere else, so I figured I'd post it here.

The K-Mart near where I live had a case of those GH Backpack Dangler things sitting on the pallets ready to be stocked earlier this afternoon.  I looked long enough to get one of the Boba Fetts (I needed a new keychain) and it looked like there were several different figures in the case.  Each one comes attached to a little hang-tag card, and it rang up as 2.99 plus the state's share.

So, I just wanted to give you GH guys a heads-up in case these are something you were interested in looking for; K-Mart seems to be the first on the bandwagon with something like other things released in the last few weeks.   
« Last Edit: July 18, 2005, 09:37 PM by DoctorPadawan »

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: July 21, 2005, 09:11 AM »
According to this report at Rebelscum, it sounds like more repacks are coming in the GH line in 2006.  They mention that Hasbro "wasn't prepared" for the success of the GH line, so that's why they are releasing the repacked/repainted (clones) ROTS figures for late 2005/2006.  Although I'm sure it is a surprising success, haven't these been doing fairly well long before the ROTS offerings?  Not sure if I buy the "not prepared" line.  It seems like they have been using that more and more lately.

Anyways, after the repacked and repainted ROTS packs, this is what is rumored to be released (from the early Playskool days of this line):

Hoth 2-Pack (Luke Skywalker and Han Solo?)
Endor 2-Pack with Speeder Bike (Luke?)
Endor 2-Pack with Speeder Bike (Scout Trooper?)
Geonosis 2-Pack (Mace Windu and Geonosian Warrior?)
Coruscant 2-Pack
Emperor with red Shock Trooper

Nice to see the OT figures make a return again, and it will be great for those who got in on this line late.  I personally have all of these earlier figs, aside from the Shocktrooper repaint pack and whatever might be included in the Coruscant 2 pack, so I'm a little disappointed we might not be seeing any "new" figures for awhile.  There are still some other areas they could branch out in, even if they just stick with two packs.  I do wish they would do a few more vehicles though (TIE, Slave 1, AT-AT would be good choices I think).  I am glad to see this line continue, but if it is all repacks for next year it looks like I'll be saving some money here as well.

Offline dafoo

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: July 21, 2005, 06:56 PM »
they should reissue the old ones in packs together, and put the repaints (army builders) in together.

I don't like being ambushed like this.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: July 21, 2005, 08:11 PM »
I'll agree with dafoo here, they shouldn't be issuing new sculpts with old.  That's just blatant profiteering, but where's the surprise. 

As far as the "taken by surprise" crap, yeah, whatever.  I once again reiterate that sales from the Hasbro warehouse does not necessarily equate to sales in stores.  I've no problem finding the first wave of ROTS on either side of the border and most of the bounty hunters are still sitting around us, never mind all the bloody Falcon sets.