Author Topic: The Walking Dead  (Read 558203 times)

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
Re: The Walking Dead
« Reply #1305 on: March 10, 2014, 09:06 PM »
I'm wondering now if any of the people from Daryl's new group were in the house with Rick a few episodes back??

On TD, I literally did not even recognize the woman who played Sasha. She looked amazing, totally transformed.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1306 on: March 10, 2014, 10:08 PM »
I'm wondering now if any of the people from Daryl's new group were in the house with Rick a few episodes back??

The leader of the group was the same guy that came out on the porch. Or at least I assumed it was.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #1307 on: March 10, 2014, 10:09 PM »
Yes, same actor.  Dude bouncing a ball.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1308 on: March 11, 2014, 12:05 AM »
On TD, I literally did not even recognize the woman who played Sasha. She looked amazing, totally transformed.

Agreed. Both of the guests on TD this week looked really good.  ;)
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #1309 on: March 11, 2014, 04:10 AM »
Maggie was lying there because she wanted another zombie to kill so she could write Glenn another message in blood. She even told Sasha the same thing after they killed the zombies. Something like "I got much more than I wanted"

So that house Beth and Daryl found was a trap? The vibe I got was that whoever owns it preys on small groups of people like Beth and Daryl, and I guess buries some of the bodies with everyday funeral services? Although people on Reddit pointed out there was a cross on the car that took Beth which ties into a religious fanatic group in the comics. I guess next week is the conclusion to the Carol/Tyrone/Psycho Girl story.

Anyone have a list of people who HAVEN'T seen the map to Terminus? The Rick/Carl/Michonne trio is on the way, as is Maggie/Sasha/Bob. Glenn saw the sign too and I assume GI Joe and Mr. Mullet and crew are behind him... so that leaves Carol's group and Beth and Daryl.

And yeah those makeup/wardrobe people deserve some sort of award or raise because they're doing a fantastic job dressing down really attractive girls. Those legs were ALMOST worth suffering through Talking Dead for. Almost.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline BillCable

• Jedi General
  • CreatureCantina.com SUCKS!!
    • View Profile
    • CreatureCantina.com
« Reply #1310 on: March 11, 2014, 08:16 AM »
I thought it was pretty obvious that the mortician kidnapped (or perhaps rescued) Beth.  I don't think the house was a "trap" - more likely it was unattended while the mortician was out gathering supplies.  It's a complete mystery though if the mortician is a psycho who snatched Beth, or if he rolled up, saw Beth running for her life, and opened the door so she could jump in the car to escape (dropping her pack in the process).

I didn't pick up on the group that found Daryl being the same group that Rick encountered.  That makes them a bit more interesting.
Bill Cable - Steeler Fan & Star Wars Collector
  http://CreatureCantina.com       
"Cable is incapable of contributing anything positive to this world" - cstoj

Offline Tracy

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Call me "Your Highness" one more time........
    • View Profile
« Reply #1311 on: March 11, 2014, 09:54 AM »
I thought it was pretty obvious that the mortician kidnapped (or perhaps rescued) Beth.  I don't think the house was a "trap" - more likely it was unattended while the mortician was out gathering supplies.  It's a complete mystery though if the mortician is a psycho who snatched Beth, or if he rolled up, saw Beth running for her life, and opened the door so she could jump in the car to escape (dropping her pack in the process).

My feeling is that Beth was taken, not rescued.  If she were merely rescued, it would make sense that she would tell the driver that she is with Daryl and needs to go back for him.  That car pulled out pretty fast.....

Anyone have a list of people who HAVEN'T seen the map to Terminus? The Rick/Carl/Michonne trio is on the way, as is Maggie/Sasha/Bob. Glenn saw the sign too and I assume GI Joe and Mr. Mullet and crew are behind him... so that leaves Carol's group and Beth and Daryl.

Carol/Tyreese and the girls saw the sign and are on their way to Terminus.  I think the only ones who are not headed there are Daryl and Beth. 

"Y'all know you're the only ones with the Jesus fish in the titty bar parking lot" - Name
Cancer Sucks >:(

Offline Sybeck1

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #1312 on: March 11, 2014, 01:42 PM »
I was reading on another site that the fat guy that Rick killed in the bathroom was in the group that found Darryl. I would have to go back and confirm this, because if so there is a severe timeline difference and Darryl would have been at the house that Rick escaped from.

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #1313 on: March 11, 2014, 01:59 PM »
I was reading on another site that the fat guy that Rick killed in the bathroom was in the group that found Darryl. I would have to go back and confirm this, because if so there is a severe timeline difference and Darryl would have been at the house that Rick escaped from.

Interesting... obviously, we all sort of assume the timelines are in the same general flow; however, given that Rick was down and out for a few days it could be conceivable that the Darryl/Beth timeline could sync up.   We've only seen four nights with Darryl and Beth if I recall correctly. 

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1314 on: March 11, 2014, 02:00 PM »

I don't recall seeing the guy who had been killed by Rick with the "marauder" group when they found Daryl, but I'm not 100% sure. The only two guys I recognized for sure were the older leader and bandana guy. I'm hoping they don't jumble up the timeline by having Daryl meeting the "marauders" before Rick's stay in that house. The show is already hard enough to keep track of with the main cast split into small groups.

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #1315 on: March 11, 2014, 03:08 PM »

I don't recall seeing the guy who had been killed by Rick with the "marauder" group when they found Daryl, but I'm not 100% sure. The only two guys I recognized for sure were the older leader and bandana guy. I'm hoping they don't jumble up the timeline by having Daryl meeting the "marauders" before Rick's stay in that house. The show is already hard enough to keep track of with the main cast split into small groups.

I've been thinking about this and I'm not sure what the timeline jumbling would do at this point for the season.  It would have been a "oh crap" moment if at the end of Rick's episode that the whole Maurader gang was revealed and Darryl was with them.  However, at this point, I don't think it serves any benefit/shock value.

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1316 on: March 11, 2014, 03:59 PM »

I've been thinking about this and I'm not sure what the timeline jumbling would do at this point for the season.  It would have been a "oh crap" moment if at the end of Rick's episode that the whole Maurader gang was revealed and Darryl was with them.  However, at this point, I don't think it serves any benefit/shock value.

I agree. I'm guessing Rick's group will eventually cross paths with the Marauders again, and Daryl's current presence should create enough drama. No need for any time jumps.

Offline CloneF13Y35

• Jedi Padawan
  • I think I"m a CLone Now
    • View Profile
« Reply #1317 on: March 11, 2014, 06:53 PM »
I thought Lauren Cohen said something on TD about why she was lying there but now I forget...  I think I zoned out just watching Maggie and Sasha's legs throughout that episode.  Oofah

ohh la la for sure - those two sure do clean up Real Nice like!
{{|///////Frank//}[================>
"I think I'm a Clone now"
"No I'm not!"
"Yes - I AM"

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #1318 on: March 11, 2014, 09:55 PM »
Nice how all women in the apocalypse are totally hot and doable...  Even Carol, man.  She's pretty shmokin' off the show as well.  The apocalypse isn't looking so bad now...  except the guys are like Shane which is rough to deal with if you're me.  :-\

Oh and yeah I didn't think of the house as a trap, but just the guy's home.  A mortician, or just a guy into weird stuff, whatever, but someone who lured the dog there and cut the warning stuff down to get all the zombies at the door, then boogied to his hoopty.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1319 on: March 12, 2014, 12:15 AM »

I just assumed it was those same guys, but now that you mention it they could be a totally different group.  Would be weird though to have so many groups of survivors all running across each other in the backwoods like that, especially with what appears to be a never ending herd of zombies roaming around.  I thought this week's episode was one of the best in a long time.  Great character development for Bob/Maggie/Sasha, and I just had a bad feeling that one of them was going to get it and the others would be feel responsible.  The creepy mortuary setup was great too.  Kept waiting for something to go wrong and then for Beth to get kidnapped - that was fun.  Not feeling good about Beth or Daryl's situations, and I'm getting a real bad feeling about Terminus as well.  What if instead of a sanctuary, those signs are meant to bring survivors in, so that the terminus people can take all their supplies.  The governor was running a similar setup of sorts, knocking off other survivors to fortify his own people instead of welcoming others in.  For a sanctuary, it's a bit odd that there aren't representatives out scouting for survivors or providing more information than catchy "Come to Terminus" slogans.  I couldn't tell from the map - anyone know how far out the groups are at this point? 

For those who haven't read the comics, the TV story line is a complete departure from the books by now.  No Terminus or railroad tracks in the comics, no Beth/Bob/Sasha/Daryl/Lizzie in the books, no more Andrea/Dale/Sophia in the show.  I wouldn't worry at all about spoiling the TV experience at this point.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today