Author Topic: Fear the Walking Dead  (Read 142614 times)

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
Re: Fear the Walking Dead
« Reply #120 on: May 3, 2016, 10:21 PM »
I can't decide if Strand is actually gay or just really committed to a con.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: May 22, 2016, 11:57 PM »
Anyone still watching? Anyone? Bueller?

Once again they destroy a good place.  Well, a decent place under the thumb of a nutty woman. What place will they bring doom to in season 2 part 2? Which son will out weird the other, Nick or Chris?

Can't hardly wait.  :-\

Offline Chris M

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Time to nut up or shut up.
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: May 23, 2016, 03:44 PM »
I'm still in.  Although it is not priority watching.  I watched "almost live" last night simply because there wasn't anything else to watch.

Last night had potential, and then it went to crap...kind of like a bunch of episodes.  The entire thing with the barber talking to ghosts was stupid.  (You can tell how awesome it is when I don't know his name).

I have said it before, this show does have potential to be good.  But it is so ADHD and won't focus on anything in particular except the craziness of a couple of people.  It's a lot like Season 2 of TWD in that there is so much standing around, talking, and then something gets going, only to be picked up again the next week....and then to be let down because nothing really happened.

I guess I'll keep doing what I'm doing.  I'll watch when there is time and when there is nothing else to watch.

FWIW, I DVRd "Colony" from USA and have enjoyed it after two episodes.  I know that is not remotely related to the subject at hand, but it jumped into my head.
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."  Ben franklin

Embrace the suck.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: May 25, 2016, 08:28 PM »
Just a big old let down in my book. Seriously, none of those dopes got eaten? Ruben Blades was about the most interesting character outside of Strand but I guess he won't be back? Meh.

It's like zombies are just an afterthought on this show. No real sense of imminent danger there like we see on TWD.

And back in August already? That seems too soon...
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #124 on: May 27, 2016, 08:08 AM »
This last episode was not a good one to air going into hiatus.  Why the hell has Daniel gone bat-crap crazy after basically an afternoon at the hacienda?

Don't even get me started on Chris.

I just don't like how everyone in this show is acting like the folks in TWD when the apocalypse has only been going on for about 5 weeks in Fear.  TWD is at least 2 years into it!
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #125 on: May 27, 2016, 09:43 PM »
I watched the ending off an on the other night.  This how is pure ****.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: August 21, 2016, 08:47 PM »
Hey, guess what's back tonight??

:D
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Chris M

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: August 22, 2016, 06:35 AM »
Hey, guess what's back tonight??

:D

I watched and...listened...and watched...and waited for something to happen...and then nothing exciting happened.

This is so much like Season 2 of TWD.
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."  Ben franklin

Embrace the suck.

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: August 22, 2016, 09:53 AM »
I stopped watching the TWD a long time ago because the plot moved like a zombie. It was easier to watch a 2x speed off the DVR.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: August 22, 2016, 11:55 AM »
Nick tries to survive alone, then tries to die or something, whilst having flashbacks with some blonde girl who may have been the zombie in the first episode, but seems like a different actress.

He gets beaten with a baseball bat but not enough to be satisfying for the viewers.

Somewhere some pathetic people cry because the vicious dogs that attacked him were eaten by zombies. Even though it's just a tv show and they were fictional murderous dogs.

Armed thugs roam the highway killing everything for no reason but panic for some reason (Nick's trauma inducing gaze!) and 2 of them get eaten.  ??? Nick doesn't pick up their guns because he's in zombie mode. (I half expected him to started eating them, too.)

Somehow he walks 90 miles to Tijuana. Then the latina decides to help him, after earlier treating him like a FORD (found on road dead).

I didn't make it five minutes into Talking Dead. An hour of people talking about a boring episode of a series with a weak concept.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2016, 12:02 PM by Scockery »

Offline Chris M

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: August 22, 2016, 02:22 PM »

I didn't make it five minutes into Talking Dead. An hour of people talking about a boring episode of a series with a weak concept.

Good summary!!

I can't stand Talking Dead.  Chris Hardwick is a boring star struck homer and is terrible to listen to.  I fast forward through that show just to watch the sneak peak of next week.

Embrace the suck.

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: August 22, 2016, 02:58 PM »

Good summary!!

Chris Hardwick is a boring star struck homer and is terrible to listen to.

I think his career peaked 20 years ago as a host on Singled Out.

Offline Chris M

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: August 22, 2016, 03:58 PM »
I did not realize he was the host of that show.  Damn I feel old.

Embrace the suck.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #133 on: August 23, 2016, 02:44 AM »
Fat guy had to get eaten...  fat guys can't survive this new world, I'm sorry.

I thought as this series goes, it was a ****load better than any previous episode.  And the character of Nick is kinda growing on me some because he's so vastly different.  Using the zombies multiple ways to save his life an'at, it's certainly a different perspective than this or TWD has ever really shown much outside of Michonne's pets, which was brief.  Rick's group's unwillingness to go stinky to do some good (or bad) annoys me, and it was nice to see someone who actually seems to enjoy the simpleness of doing just that to get along in the new world.

That said, it's still FTWD which isn't very good.  It was as good as they've ever done though, so I do like that it felt like some kind of upswing anyway.

I'm curious to see what's going on with everyone else.  I'd kind of given up on this show but caught the season finale before the new one, so I watched the new episode anyway, and man last season's finale was as stupid as anything I've seen on TV in a long time.  This episode felt far more interesting and subtle. 

I'm 100% sure I will be back to hating just about everyone on this show within the next 2 episodes and I'll quit watching it once more.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: August 23, 2016, 08:59 AM »
I thought this was the worst episode yet, and that's saying a lot.  So much filler and dead space.  Yes, we get that Nick's alone and needs to be resourceful to survive.  I didn't need that hammered home over and over, and I really didn't need to see him drink his piss.  There's zero suspense in this show.  Horns blare when convenient, bad guys have no motivation for their actions, even the 20 minutes of flashbacks was a waste.  Is there any self realization or unlocked mysteries the past helped solve?  Nope.  Just a bunch of zombies that all cluster together and walk at the exact same pace for mile after mile.  I am mad at myself for continuing to spend time on this garbage.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today