Author Topic: Jeff For Fan Club President!  (Read 127291 times)

Offline Lady Jaye

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
Re: Jeff For Fan Club President!
« Reply #90 on: April 7, 2006, 02:27 PM »
Not really, any support for Jeff could be going to USC Wannabe, that could cement his lead and get him the Presidency or which would mean more money would have to be spent by Wise if he were to try to buy off the election!!

You have to ask yourself, what is it that you truly want! To get a couple of votes and "we're behind you" or "if we could afford it we would support you" comments or to actually keep Dustin from winning? If it's the second choice, then throw your support to USC, and help keep him down!

As far as spamming the forums, it's their forums to spam! You can do the same here, hell Zod has been allowed to represent your side over there as well, contrary to what was said over here! So let's not be bitter about that! You guys just came in late, and well don't have the same pull as Dustin! I mean hell look at all the sites backing him up! Look at the one site backing USC, he needs the support in order to pull that win away!

If Wise is to buy the election, then so be it, but he'll have a lot more money to spend if he chooses to do, that is if you throw your support to USC!
"I off one fat Angelino and you throw a hissy fit."
-Vincent

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: April 7, 2006, 03:46 PM »
Either way, a vote for Jeff or USC is a vote that Dustin doesn't get.  So in the end, you're accomplishing the same thing.

Not really.  A vote for USC will widen the margin of victory over Dustin, whereas a vote for Jeff causes no gain in the lead for USC.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: April 7, 2006, 05:10 PM »
You have to ask yourself, what is it that you truly want! To get a couple of votes and "we're behind you" or "if we could afford it we would support you" comments or to actually keep Dustin from winning? If it's the second choice, then throw your support to USC, and help keep him down!

LJ, I think you're starting to take this a little too seriously.

Offline Lady Jaye

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: April 7, 2006, 05:37 PM »
Nah, I don't think I am Jesse. I'm just pointing out what the better course of action would be, depending on what Jeff and JD want to accomplish! I mean it really doesn't affect me in the least, as to who wins out of the three, I still won't get any of the loot, nor the trip!!

I just want to know if Jeff thinks he can really win?? If so, what's he's going to do about getting his name out. If not, why not throw support to the one guy that looks like he can beat Dustin!! Dressel gets it, it's not about dissing Jeff, it's about being realistic!! ;D If he stays in, he better go out there and start campaigning more and getting his name out there at other sites!! ;)

Remember those three votes that Jeff has could have gone to USC fan and given him a 10 membership lead over Dustin!! As will all future votes! Of course Wise could buy the election, but it's gonna cost him!! ;D
-Vincent

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #94 on: April 7, 2006, 06:12 PM »
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: April 7, 2006, 06:26 PM »

We're a bunch of adults who spend our time and money chasing down little plastic space men all over our neighborhood.  I think we all take something a little too seriously.

:)
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: April 7, 2006, 06:35 PM »

We're a bunch of adults who spend our time and money chasing down little plastic space men all over our neighborhood.  I think we all take something a little too seriously.

:)

No doubt about that.   ;)

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #97 on: April 7, 2006, 07:10 PM »
I just want to know if Jeff thinks he can really win??

I think I have about as much chance to win as the day I started the race..

If you don't "get" my campaign and what it's all about by now, you're never going to really understand my platform!!
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Nathan

• Jedi Knight
  • Destroying the hobby one EU figure at a time.
    • View Profile
    • The Clone Wars Unofficial Site (in carbonite)
« Reply #98 on: April 7, 2006, 10:12 PM »
Remember those three votes that Jeff has could have gone to USC fan and given him a 10 membership lead over Dustin!! As will all future votes! Of course Wise could buy the election, but it's gonna cost him!! ;D

Explain to me why, instead of voting for Jeff whom I know and like, I would have thrown my vote towards someone I've never even heard of and know nothing about!! I could care less about "keeping Dustin down"--I voted "for JediDefender" rather than "against RebelScum"!! It's like voting for a third party candidate: some might call it being a spoiler, but at least I voted the way I wanted to vote and I can be satisfied with that!!

Besides, it looks like USC is going to win regardless of my help!!

The man. The legend. The ice cream maker. Smentek-Hood '06!!!!!
« Last Edit: April 7, 2006, 10:12 PM by Valin Kenobirific! »
Twitter: @OKeefeNathan
Blog: Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Fanboy (in carbonite since '09, back someday)

Offline Lady Jaye

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: April 8, 2006, 12:03 AM »
Well it would only matter if you really don't want Dustin to win, that's the only reason it'd matter!! But if you just want to show support to your bud, then more power to ya! Simple as that, no need to get testy about it! Jeff, as Han Solo said, "Good luck, you;re gonna need it!" ;)
-Vincent

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: April 8, 2006, 12:22 AM »
I'll ask the same question I asked Dustin! Are you going to share the swag with your supporters?? I mean after all you are getting a free friggin plane ride to SDCC, share in the wealth to your supporters!! I was actually thinking of subscribing!!

Uhh...first you were worried about goodies, and now your worried about how to stick it to Dustin without voting for Jeff? I USC gonna share his stuff with you?

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline Lady Jaye

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: April 8, 2006, 02:33 AM »
Uhh...first you were worried about goodies, and now your worried about how to stick it to Dustin without voting for Jeff? I USC gonna share his stuff with you?

I doubt it, I don't know USCfan. It shouldn't be a promblem to ask question should it?

My questions today were asked because I just wanted clarification as to what Jeff really wanted to accomplish. What his ultimate goals were? To defeat Dustin or to just show that Dustin wasn't the only game in town! From the other thread that lead up to this one, it seemed that most of the JD'ers were wanting someone to defeat Dustin. I just don't see that happening, no offense Jeff but to come back and catch up to 27 subscriptions from 3 is going to be hard, even with an entire month left.

But I see that Jeff is in it to run and fight the good fight! So much luck to em!
« Last Edit: April 8, 2006, 02:55 AM by Lady Jaye »
-Vincent

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #102 on: April 8, 2006, 03:58 AM »
As far as I know, it's impossible to kill yourself twice, but what the hell:

"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: April 8, 2006, 04:11 AM »
So would Jeff's running equate to Ross Perot in the early 90s?

:P

Offline Chris

• Founder
  • Administrator
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #104 on: April 8, 2006, 12:26 PM »
So would Jeff's running equate to Ross Perot in the early 90s?

:P

If Ross ran to show how much of a fool his fellow candidate was and how obnoxious their campaign was, then yes.