Author Topic: Nostalgia?  (Read 12683 times)

Offline Nathan

• Jedi Knight
  • Destroying the hobby one EU figure at a time.
    • View Profile
    • The Clone Wars Unofficial Site (in carbonite)
Re: Nostalgia?
« Reply #15 on: July 2, 2005, 01:49 AM »
Yah, me too. I've been quietly catching up on a few Episode I items as I see 'em long the way, but this year now that the last prequel is here (full circle yada yada) I do feel significant nostalgia for the heady time of Episode I ... the halcyon days of my youth or something like that. ;)

I'd presume to say it's more pronounced for me than most of you guys since that was the tail end of my childhood. I was 13 when TPM came out, somewhere around when I stopped seriously playing with the SW toys. To be sure, I still open them and mess with the action features and have supercool lightsaber battles between Mace Windu and Darth Vader, but it just ain't the same anymore. :'(

A local guy from here at JD (knashdx) recently sold me a bunch of his packaged Episode I and II toys for ridiculously low prices since he's trying to clear it out of his house. It was a lot of fun cracking open that Episode I packaging again. (I'd been picking up a few here and there, but this was a whole load of loot at once.) It sounds so cheesy and cliche, but it really took me back to 1999.

Particularly since one of the items was the Opee with Qui-Gon Jinn, something I'd originally wanted in 1999 but never got. It was great to rip one open and play with the jaw open/close button, chomping on my other figures. ;D Funny how something so unremarkable can have such nostalgia attached to it, particularly considering it's something I never even owned.

*sighs wistfully* Sorry for getting all mushy on you guys. :)
Twitter: @OKeefeNathan
Blog: Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Fanboy (in carbonite since '09, back someday)

Offline Tijuanajedi

• Jedi Initiate
  • Ay Chichona!!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 14, 2005, 07:27 PM »
I just want to finish the line with Amidala Battle.

Offline Vator

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 8, 2005, 04:56 PM »
I'm definitly feeling some nostalgia. I just ordered a STAP w/ Battle droid from Amazon. ;D
Funny story about the STAP, at C3 I was about to buy a STAP for $20. I decided to scope out the floor a little more before comitting to the purchase, however. As it turned out, the very next place I went to sold me an unopened case of STAPs for $20.
- June 22, 2004 12:13 AM -

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 8, 2005, 05:06 PM »
I'm definitly feeling some nostalgia. I just ordered a STAP w/ Battle droid from Amazon. ;D
Funny story about the STAP, at C3 I was about to buy a STAP for $20. I decided to scope out the floor a little more before comitting to the purchase, however. As it turned out, the very next place I went to sold me an unopened case of STAPs for $20.

I think you got the last box of those. Colman sent me to the same place.

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline Victor_Von_Doom

• Jedi Initiate
  • Curse Richards
    • View Profile
    • Wampa's Cave
« Reply #19 on: October 11, 2005, 09:18 PM »
For all the flak this line got (mainly because of the movie), I do have nostalgia over this line. I remember going to Wal-Mart after waiting all day in school and searching through the enormous wall of EP1 figures they had and finally finding a Darth Maul...thats what collecting to me is...the figures are great, but I wouldn't trade that memory for anything.
WTB Autographs and loose vintage, PM me!
"The Dude abides" - The Big Lebowski

Offline blaster_e11

• Jedi Initiate
  • Charming to the last
    • View Profile
    • My blog
« Reply #20 on: October 13, 2005, 12:21 PM »
I just want to finish the line with Amidala Battle.

i finaly got this one, i need the r2b1 to complete my collection of ep1 basic figs now

no nostalgia here still i'm not sure i acn be nostalgic about those toys (i was 22 when tpm was released and i bought every fig i could find)
"Wars don't make one great"