Author Topic: 2004 DVD Release List  (Read 101135 times)

Offline Force Guy

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Nom nom nom
    • View Profile
Re: 2004 DVD Release List
« Reply #585 on: August 9, 2004, 09:19 PM »
They've also got a 2/$25 deal with KBV2 and Jackie Brown--which means that JB comes out to about nine bucks, if you're buying KBV2.  Great deal for a great, underrated flick (and nice DVD set, too).

Also, Circuit City is selling Jackie Brown SE DVD for $9.99.  Also included in the $9.99 sale is Beetlejuice and Predator 2.  They also have Reservoir Dogs on sale for $4.99.  And included in their 2 for $15 sale are Jeepers Creepers, Jeepers Creepers 2, Terminator, Dances With Wolves, The Manchurian Candidate, and Bowling For Columbine.

BTW, that KB slipcase is nice.  Looks like I'm buying KB2 from Best Buy tomorrow.  I'm still debating whether or not I should pick up Predator tomorrow.        
Binders full of astromechs...

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #586 on: August 11, 2004, 10:26 AM »
Anyone pick up the Predator CE and not get an AvP movie ticket?  Mine didn't have one.  Obviously I didn't buy the movie for the ticket, but I might have been interested in seeing it (especially for free) on a rainy day when I have nothing to do.  No big deal and it's not really worthe hassle of returning and getting anothe one.
Common sense isn't so common

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #587 on: August 11, 2004, 11:02 AM »
Picked up Kill Bill 2 last night. Must be a US thingy with the AvP movie ticket, saw no promotion up here!  :-\

SilverZ

« Reply #588 on: August 11, 2004, 11:13 PM »
I've heard about a few other people not getting the AvP ticket. I cracked mine open just now to check, and yep, it's there. Maybe it's a blessing in disguise - I've heard AvP ain't too hot.

Gentlemen... BEHOLD!

November 16, 2004

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #589 on: August 11, 2004, 11:42 PM »
I've heard about a few other people not getting the AvP ticket. I cracked mine open just now to check, and yep, it's there. Maybe it's a blessing in disguise - I've heard AvP ain't too hot.

Gentlemen... BEHOLD!

November 16, 2004

;D

any news on an episode list yet? what's really not on dvd yet, besides the 2 or 3 eps they snuck in at the end of last season? or is this volume going to have the new epsiodes that start next week??

SilverZ

« Reply #590 on: August 12, 2004, 12:05 AM »
I guess they're technically off the hook with their phrasing of the discs as "volumes" rather than "seasons" since Volume 2 stops midway through season 2, at episode 29 (and even then they don't appear to be organized on the disc by air-date). I'm going by the tvtome guide here.

So, there looks to be 12 episodes left from the third season to put on discs, plus the two episodes that aired earlier this year, and the new ones starting this week. I bet we get another 12-14 episodes, up to but not including anything in August or later.

I was hoping we'd get Spacecataz on there, too, but I guess we'll get it edited into one epic on Volume 4, it seems.

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #591 on: August 16, 2004, 10:24 AM »
Tomorrow it will be mine!  8)

Offline Jim

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #592 on: August 16, 2004, 11:18 AM »
Sorry for my ignorance, but what extras are on the Duel DVD?

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #593 on: August 16, 2004, 12:17 PM »
Sorry for my ignorance, but what extras are on the Duel DVD?

This is what I got of our FutureShop site:

DVD Features:

Encoding: Region 1
Package Type: Keep Case
Aspect Ratio: Full Frame
Audio:
Dolby Digital 5.1 - English
Dolby Digital 2.0 - English
DTS - English
Additional Release Material:
Trailer
Featurettes:
1. A CONVERSATION WITH STEVEN SPIELBERG
2. STEVEN SPIELBERG & THE SMALL SCREEN
3. RICHARD MATHESON: THE WRITING OF 'DUEL'
Text/ Photo Galleries:
Photo & Poster Gallery
Bios
Production Notes

Distributor: Universal Studios Home Video
Release Format: DVD
DVD Release Date: 17-AUG-04
Original Release Date: 1971
UPC: 025192197628
SKU: 1884046
Language: English
Subtitles: French, Spanish
Closed Captioned: No
Sound Info:
Recording Mode: (unknown)
Extra info: Collector's Edition
Color: Color
Rating: Not Rated
Unedited Version: N
Collector's Edition: N
Director's Cut: N

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #594 on: August 16, 2004, 01:30 PM »
one thing i don't get... full frame only? where's the widescreen version???

Offline Jim

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #595 on: August 16, 2004, 01:46 PM »
Thanks Dale.  Yeah, that kind of sucks about the FF.

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: August 16, 2004, 02:11 PM »
I did some digging around & the last time or it the before or the time before... you get the drift, this was the cover art for Duel.

spielbergfilms.com has great info on the movie:

They did mention this:

Mark your calendars for August 12, as DUEL will hit the streets in its 90 minute theatrical form (it will, however, be in the Academy aspect ratio as opposed to the theatrical releases' widescreen ratio).

I guess the last time it was pulled just around the release, it was the WideScreen version & they were going for big $$$$ on evilBay if I remember. Virex would be a great deal of help as he knows I was pissed it was cancelled!  >:(

I'll take what I can get, I can finally put my VHS copy away!  ;D

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #597 on: August 16, 2004, 04:59 PM »

http://www.thedigitalbits.com/rumormill.html#0812

From the Digital Bits

Anyone out there up for The Ultimate Matrix Collection? According to the Wachowski Brothers, who made a rare public appearance at the recent Comic-Con to talk about the DVDs, it's on the way in December. They were part of a Warner Bros. DVD panel on Saturday, which happened right before the big Lucasfilm Star Wars panel, so it seems not many people from the online DVD world were in attendance to hear them talk (including us). But faithful Bits reader Doug S. was there and sent us all the details, some which confirm things we'd heard before (click here and here) and some of it new information.

A promo was shown revealing two versions of the set, including a more expensive Collector's Edition Gift Set that includes a Neo minibust from Gentle Giant and a soundtrack CD. As we've heard before, this will be a 10-disc set as follows:

Disk 1 - The Matrix (digitally remastered and recolored)
Disk 2 - The Matrix Revisited (The SAME disc already released)
Disk 3 - The Matrix Reloaded
Disk 4 - The Matrix Reloaded Revisited
Disk 5 - The Matrix Revolutions
Disk 6 - The Matrix Revolutions Revisited
Disk 7 - The Animatrix (The SAME disc already released)
Disk 8 - The Roots of the Matrix
Disk 9 - The Burly Man Chronicles
Disk 10 - The Zion Archive

Here's additional information the Wachowskis revealed at the panel:

Despite rumors, there will be no new director's cuts. The brothers said they were very happy with the original theatrical versions.

There will be two audio commentaries for each film - one from philosophers Ken Wilber and Cornel West (who analyze the meanings behind the films), and one from three professional critics who hated all three films (no names given). According to Andy Wachowski, "It's the best idea we've ever had. It's hilarious. They just sit there and rip the **** out of us for six hours."

All the footage shot for the Enter the Matrix videogame is present on the DVD for Matrix Reloaded. However, it is not cut into the film - it's a separate special feature you can view scene-by-scene.

Finally, the Wachowskis said that none of the special features from the original DVD releases of the trilogy will be reproduced except for what you find on Discs 2 and 7. You may see some of the same footage re-edited, but if you want to own all of the extras you'll need to keep your original DVDs too.

So there you have it, straight from a Bits reader who was there. Todd and I actually saw the Wachowskis at the Burly Man booth in the dealer room, so we know there were on hand for all the Comic-Con fun. Our thanks to Doug for his efforts and for sending all this information to us to post for all of you.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #598 on: August 16, 2004, 09:55 PM »
Sweet, I was out of town and missed the Kill Bill slipcase thing but I was able to order one from BestBuy.com on Monday night!  I got a confirmation that it shipped today so I'll get one afterall!

SilverZ

« Reply #599 on: August 17, 2004, 01:39 AM »
From the Digital Bits

Anyone out there up for The Ultimate Matrix Collection? According to the Wachowski Brothers, who made a rare public appearance at the recent Comic-Con to talk about the DVDs, it's on the way in December. They were part of a Warner Bros. DVD panel on Saturday, which happened right before the big Lucasfilm Star Wars panel, so it seems not many people from the online DVD world were in attendance to hear them talk (including us). But faithful Bits reader Doug S. was there and sent us all the details, some which confirm things we'd heard before (click here and here) and some of it new information.

:-\ At least the game footage didn't get edited in after all. That's a relief. I really want a remastered and retimed Matrix, with a better compression job and the Dolby track kicked up to 448kbit/s from 384. But I'm not thrilled about buying all the other crap... again, just to get that first disc. The new sups do nothing for me. Weird coming from me, buyer of anything and everything on DVD. I almost want to wait for a single disc re-release.