Author Topic: Recent Clone Wars Finds/Purchases  (Read 336909 times)

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
Re: Recent Clone Wars Finds/Purchases
« Reply #525 on: March 10, 2011, 10:43 AM »
Ok - so I had a morning like McMetal's night....

I hit five WalMarts on the way into work and out of those I was able to score:
3x El-Les
3x Aqua Battle Droid
3x Season 3 Ahsoka
3x Season 3 Anakin
3x Commander Wolffe

So to be done with that wave, I just need to find two more Aqua Battle Droids...

Then I hit the TRU near where I work and I was able to score a Jedi Turbo Speeder (the first one I've seen in any store around here) and I was able to score a MIB "Army of the Republic" battlepack for the MIB collection.

So a pretty expensive Clone Wars day for me. If I had found Vintage Wave 6 too it would have sent the day over the top!
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: March 11, 2011, 02:10 PM »
Found a second splash of TCW Wave 2 at a different Wally over lunch and was able to score not only an extra El-Les, but also a fairly decent Anakin and 2 more Aqua Droids.  ;D

I still hate the new Anakin, but at least I have one now that doesn't look like he has some severe neck affliction.

I think I'm done now with this wave. I really have to stop hunting because I don't think I can resist buying every Aqua Droid I see.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: March 11, 2011, 11:25 PM »
I was able to add one more Aqua Battle Droid to my collection this morning. It really is a fantastic figure. I've cut back to only getting four of any army builder, but I might make an exception for this figure.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: March 31, 2011, 04:47 PM »
Just found the Barc Speeder w/ Jesse set at my local MN Target. That wasn't even on my radar with how little I've heard about people finding it.
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: March 31, 2011, 07:04 PM »
Just found the Barc Speeder w/ Jesse set at my local MN Target. That wasn't even on my radar with how little I've heard about people finding it.

= WINNING

Excellent score! Figures the week I break down and buy this off eBay it starts showing up again.

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #530 on: March 31, 2011, 09:12 PM »
My rule is to always wait one year for an item to show up before resorting to a seconday market.  Believe me, it works.

Years ago, I just could not find Lillipop Mace.  Looked for months.  Finally, I stopped thinking about him and figured I'd get him ebay at some point.  A few months later I was in a Rite-Aid and casually checked the toy aisle.  There he was.  Cheap too, like 5.99.

Patience is the key to cheap collecting.
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline Captain Piet

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Ph.Geek.com
« Reply #531 on: April 1, 2011, 06:26 AM »
My rule is to always wait one year for an item to show up before resorting to a seconday market.  Believe me, it works.

Years ago, I just could not find Lillipop Mace.  Looked for months.  Finally, I stopped thinking about him and figured I'd get him ebay at some point.  A few months later I was in a Rite-Aid and casually checked the toy aisle.  There he was.  Cheap too, like 5.99.

Patience is the key to cheap collecting.

I could not agree more.
Co-founder and contributor, PhGeek.com
"Dissertations in geek culture"
Podcasts every Wednesday on iTunes or http://phgeek.podbean.com/
Like us on Facebook, follow on Twitter @Geekswillrise

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: April 1, 2011, 08:20 AM »
That is wise advice....you just never know how these things will turn out long turn. I never saw the Jedi Showdown or Holocron Heist BP's anywhere in stores around here last year. All of a sudden I have seen droves of them at the local TRU the past few months. None of the old red/white stuff should even be shipping, but there ya go.

Never going the scalping route again - lesson learned.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: April 1, 2011, 10:32 PM »
As if to prove my own point, I found the BARC w/Clone Trooper Jesse Deluxe Set tonight at Target. Of course I had to buy it....felt very gratifying to finally hunt this down.

No sign of the Gunship or Tri-Fighter though.

Sure feels good to be more or less caught up with everything again.

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: April 2, 2011, 11:06 AM »
Picked up the Jesse w/ BARC, a second Droid Gunship, and a Tri-Fighter from Target this morning. Felt very good finding some new toys.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: April 6, 2011, 04:24 PM »
Picked up a minty-boxed Tri-Fighter at Target over lunch to replace my slightly dinged one from HTS.

I came across the Droid Gunship at a different store but the box was even worse than the one I already have.

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: April 8, 2011, 06:35 PM »
My Wal-Mart is slowly getting new non-Vintage stuff in, I found and picked up the new SA Cad Bane and SA Obi-Wan. Passed on the Training Clone Hevy despite his awesomeness.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #537 on: April 9, 2011, 01:39 AM »
I nabbed a lone aqua droid tonight...  Hunting for another now for a friend, and then eventually hoping to see more.  It's a quite heavily articulated figure.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: April 10, 2011, 02:30 AM »
Found the BARC Speeder with Clone Trooper Jesse today.  Also bought the Army of the Republic battle pack, too.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: April 10, 2011, 09:16 PM »
I nabbed a lone aqua droid tonight...  Hunting for another now for a friend, and then eventually hoping to see more.  It's a quite heavily articulated figure.

That's good to hear.  I was reminded of the ASP-7 droid when I first saw this, so happy to hear it actually has some posability.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today