Author Topic: NBA 2006-07  (Read 63320 times)

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
Re: NBA 2006-07 Season
« Reply #195 on: March 28, 2007, 12:26 AM »
They're currently the best team in the league

. . .and looked every bit the part this evening.

Mavericks 105
Hornets 89

And the Mavs actually eased up some--they were up by nearly thirty in the fourth when we decided to leave with four or five minutes left.

Very finely-tuned machine, they are.

Give my regards to Chris Paul and David West :-*

Your boy CP3 mustered up a whole two points tonight.  Pretty disappointing--I was hoping to see him have a nice game.

Oh well--good to finally see a game in person.  Thanks all for the advice.

(Also surprised that there's been no mention of the Rasheed Wallace shot in this thread. . .)   :o
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: April 2, 2007, 12:11 AM »
the favorites to win the championship

Phoenix.

You may see it that way, but most do not.

Even the Mavericks (and Suns) see it my way now.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Neal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: April 2, 2007, 12:36 PM »
I didn't say that I saw it that way.  I think that Phoenix can beat Dallas in a seven-game series.  I was just pointing out that most of the "experts" are picking the Mavs.

Then again, most of them were picking the Mavs last year as well, and we all know how that turned out.
 ;D

Offline john todd

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm the llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: April 2, 2007, 07:40 PM »
that puts the mavs and suns at 2 games each for the season series.  and, i would bet pretty much anything that the suns cannot duplicate that kind of hot shooting over a seven game series.  i am not saying that the mavs can win a series necessarily, only that the suns were seriously on fire yesterday.

even being a very big mavs fan, i would say the suns, spurs and mavs all have a pretty equal chance at the championship this year.  i know the devil is always in search of souls, but that is the only way another team would stand a chance.

Offline Neal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: April 2, 2007, 10:15 PM »
 i know the devil is always in search of souls, but that is the only way another team would stand a chance.

I pretty much agree ... but you just never know what this could amount to:

Wade returns to Heat practice

Offline Neal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: April 8, 2007, 10:34 PM »
I don't even care that the Heat lost to a ****** Bobcats team at home, or that Wade showed a TON of rust and missed a foul shot that could've won the game for them.  I'm just glad that I will now have a reason to be interested in the NBA Playoffs.  Welcome back, Dwyane.

« Last Edit: April 8, 2007, 10:35 PM by Neal »

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: April 8, 2007, 11:25 PM »
I'm just glad that I will now have a reason to be interested in the NBA Playoffs.  Welcome back, Dwyane.

Me too, I haven't seen anyone travel on a spin move in weeks.

Offline Neal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: April 9, 2007, 09:23 AM »
Me too, I haven't seen anyone travel on a spin move in weeks.

Really?  You must not actually watch NBA games then.  Players travel all over the place.
And, come on ... you're not fooling anyone.  You know you love it.

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: April 16, 2007, 10:11 PM »

Offline Neal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: April 17, 2007, 12:39 PM »
What does everyone think of Tim Duncan's ejection on Sunday?  I thought that it was ludicrous.  Joey Crawford should be done reffing for the rest of the season.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: April 17, 2007, 02:32 PM »
I'm just glad that I will now have a reason to be interested in the NBA Playoffs.  Welcome back, Dwyane.

So your interest in the NBA, and consequently your interest in the Heat, revolves around your man-crush on a single player?

Fair-weather fan?

Offline Neal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: April 17, 2007, 03:19 PM »
So your interest in the NBA, and consequently your interest in the Heat, revolves around your man-crush on a single player?

Fair-weather fan?

Not quite.  Trust me ... I watch more NBA basketball than probably anyone who regularly posts in this thread.  I'm one of the few people that still enjoys the pro game, and I'd pick it over college basketball any day of the week.
I guess saying that I would have no interest in the Playoffs without Wade being a part of it was a bit strong.  I'll be watching every game televised ... not just the Heat games.  That being said, having Wade being part of the Playoffs piques my interest a bit more.  I'm a Wade fan first and foremost.  Seeing that he plays for the Heat, that's the team I cheer for.  If he signed with another team, I would root for them.  I was the same way when Jordan was playing.  I liked him since he played at Carolina, and when he went to the Bulls in '84, I went with him.  When he came back for two seasons, I was more interested in what the Wizards were doing.  I don't have an NBA team in my city, and I can't stand the Knicks.  So ... I follow players that I like.  If that makes me a fair-weather fan, than so be it.

Back to the Joey Crawford issue ... at least the NBA did something about it:

Crawford suspended for rest of season, playoffs at least
« Last Edit: April 17, 2007, 03:22 PM by Neal »

Offline john todd

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm the llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: April 17, 2007, 05:37 PM »
i have hated that rule since day one where a ref can give anybody a tech for anything.  finally a ref really abused it and i am glad to see the league reacting properly.  i was very glad to see the league not back crawford and leave an opening for this situation to be repeated... especially with the playoffs coming up so soon.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: April 17, 2007, 09:29 PM »

Fair-weather fan?

Not quite.  Trust me ... I watch more NBA basketball than probably anyone who regularly posts in this thread.  I'm one of the few people that still enjoys the pro game, and I'd pick it over college basketball any day of the week.
I guess saying that I would have no interest in the Playoffs without Wade being a part of it was a bit strong.  I'll be watching every game televised ... not just the Heat games.  That being said, having Wade being part of the Playoffs piques my interest a bit more.  I'm a Wade fan first and foremost.  Seeing that he plays for the Heat, that's the team I cheer for.  If he signed with another team, I would root for them.  I was the same way when Jordan was playing.  I liked him since he played at Carolina, and when he went to the Bulls in '84, I went with him.  When he came back for two seasons, I was more interested in what the Wizards were doing.  I don't have an NBA team in my city, and I can't stand the Knicks.  So ... I follow players that I like.  If that makes me a fair-weather fan, than so be it.

Back to the Joey Crawford issue ... at least the NBA did something about it:

Crawford suspended for rest of season, playoffs at least

Fair enough!

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: April 19, 2007, 03:29 PM »
Well, the playoffs are all set for this weekend:

East
(1) Detroit vs (8) Orlando
(2) Cleveland vs (7) Washington