Author Topic: Gentle Giant Bust Ups!  (Read 127570 times)

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: Bust Ups!
« Reply #285 on: February 1, 2005, 02:15 AM »
And now GH.com is reporting a 2nd Blackhole Stormtrooper - this one is posed with his blaster pointing forward.

Check it out

Anyone think it's possible that there's 9 of these variants? or 18 or whatever the final combination is supposed to be?  This could get ugly in a hurry.  :-\

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #286 on: February 1, 2005, 09:52 AM »
With this new Blackhole Stormie I believe we are now over 1,000,000 possible variants!

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: February 1, 2005, 10:00 AM »
This is getting retarded ::)  I appreciate putting some neat stuff out there, really I do, but this is downright goofy.  I'm happy I ordered some builder sets from SSW.com, now if they could only pull their head out of their ass.  I'm still having issues with them regarding my credit card.  While I understand why those issues arose (thanks Dave) I have resolved them.  Entertainment Earth responded to my concerns directly and I spoke either via email or phone with no less than four real people, all of whom were polite and professional.  I have yet to get anything from SSW.com other than form emails. >:(

Were these available at anywhere other than SSW.com I probably would have ordered up another three sets to increase my odds of getting a black stormie.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline JayDouble

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Let The Wookie Win!
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: February 1, 2005, 03:41 PM »
There's a third one posted at RS.  It's the one with the rifle.  I'm thinking there's a blackhole one for every arm variation.  I'm just going to dip my in paint, that solves that problem.   :P

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #289 on: February 1, 2005, 03:47 PM »
Man, now I want to order the Stormie 3-packs just to try to get the BlackHole trooper.

That way I'd have one and someone else wouldn't...

If I really luck out and snag 2, I'l give you my other one Scott.   ;)

Jeff
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: February 1, 2005, 04:28 PM »
Right now I am so ticked at SSW.com about the whole credit card fiasco I'm pretty much ready to go to ebay to get them (white and black).  EE managed to resolve the issue with courtesy and diplomacy, SSW.com keeps sending form responses. ::)  S'ok with me, depending on the next response I'll cancel my order for stormtrooper bust ups and my chrome Jango bust, then can the order for the Koto sandtroopers.  Small fish I may be, but if they don't want to earn my money, they won't end up with it.   >:(

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #291 on: February 1, 2005, 04:34 PM »
I'd like to state that there are now 10,000,000 different variants for these!

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #292 on: February 2, 2005, 02:30 PM »
People who aren't collecting these Bust-ups, should shut up and stay out of this thread.  Especially people named Jeff and Scott.  Coming in here and trying to rile us (me) up, with your constantly antagonizing, demeaning posts is completely unnecessary.  I'm going to ban you both if you don't knock it off.  I don't care if you're fellow staff members here, or not.  You think it's funny teasing me about my OCD?!   >:(

Now that we've got that out of the way...

These Blackhole Stormies are completely obnoxious.  GG just stuck one foot in the grave by making multiple variants of this one.  Had there just been one pose, most of us could've probably lived with it, and nabbed one eventually.  But having as many potential pose as the regular Stormtrooper is gonna piss a lot of folks off.  Hell, GG knew we'd want all the different Stormie poses, so they were pretty smart and put together the army-building sets.  Wonder what they were thinking when they drummed up the multiple variant black idea though...   ::)

I'm close to ditching the dumb "EU" type pieces now, including this Black Stormie, and all the various see-through, GITD, holographic bull**** that seems to be made for every other Bust-up at this point...   >:(

Bastards.
« Last Edit: February 2, 2005, 02:30 PM by JediMAC »

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: February 2, 2005, 02:37 PM »
Yeah, what he said >:(

I mean really, one chase black stormtrooper would have been more than enough.  Who the hell do these guys think they are, Medicom with their Boba Kubricks or something?

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #294 on: February 2, 2005, 05:08 PM »
People who aren't collecting these Bust-ups, should shut up and stay out of this thread.  Especially people named Jeff and Scott. 

Whew, luckily I am collecting these!

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #295 on: February 2, 2005, 05:12 PM »
Oh.  OK then.  Well, maybe you should just be quiet anyway.   :-X

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: February 3, 2005, 11:23 AM »
I tried to go back to SWS.com and order a few more of the Stomrtrooper army builder sets, just because they are so damn cool and would be great for customizing (oh yeah, and to try and get a blackhole trooper of course) - but I can't find them on the site anymore... are they sold out? Or am I just too stupid to find them?

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: February 3, 2005, 11:57 AM »
I tried to go back to SWS.com and order a few more of the Stomrtrooper army builder sets, just because they are so damn cool and would be great for customizing (oh yeah, and to try and get a blackhole trooper of course) - but I can't find them on the site anymore... are they sold out? Or am I just too stupid to find them?

Much as I'd love to insult you Dave, they appear to be off the site today.  They were up yesterday, I believe.  I'd guess the obvious: they've been inundated with orders since the three black stormtroopers have been found.  I'm sure they'll reappear. 

It would seem my email to them was rather timely.  They hadn't shipped my bust ups out yet, so maybe by getting angry I got them sent just before they ran out?

Offline chuckles

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: February 3, 2005, 06:25 PM »
Just got my 12-pack of series 2 and the sith 2-packs from AFX today. Couldn't have had any better luck with it. Breakdown was:

3 - stormies
3 - Vader (2 reg and 1 variant)
3 - Maul (2 reg and 1 variant)
1 - Royal Guard
1 - Dooku
1 - Sidious

Very happy, I am.  ;D

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #299 on: February 3, 2005, 08:42 PM »
Sounds like you and Jay got the exact same mix there Jim (his is on the prior page), assuming you got one of each different Stormie?  If that's really the case, I may just be tempted to nab a case from them, if it'll assure me of completing the whole Series 2 set in one fell swoop.  Basically, you just wind up with an extra Vader and Maul really, but you get the Holo ones for free, so it's kind of a wash.  Plus, I'd have some extra Stormies too I guess, after grabbing all the Troop building sets.  I could probably live with that.
« Last Edit: February 3, 2005, 08:43 PM by JediMAC »