Author Topic: Recent Acquisitions  (Read 194370 times)

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
Re: Recent Acquisitions
« Reply #225 on: February 28, 2016, 07:04 PM »
Picked up the Resistance X-Wing and First Order TIE Fighter Microfighters along with the Battlefront Rebel Alliance pack at Wal-Mart this afternoon.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: February 29, 2016, 06:04 PM »
Picked up the Carbon Freezing Chamber this morning at a WalMart on my way into work. Also picked up the Resistance X-Wing Micro-fighter the other day at the same WalMart - this is the same store where I found the other sets previously. So far, this is the only WalMart in my area that is leaking new 2016 sets...

On the way home from work, stopped by a Toys R Us and was able to get:
Homing Spider Droid
Rebel Alliance Battle Pack
Galactic Empire Battle Pack
AT-DP Microfighter
Wookiee Gunship Microfighter
Hoth Attack

I think from this round, all I need now is Kanan's Speeder Bike, the Ghost Microfighter and the TIE Advanced Prototype Microfighter
« Last Edit: March 1, 2016, 08:02 AM by Pete_Fett »
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: March 7, 2016, 08:32 PM »
Over the weekend I snagged a Battlefront Empire battle pack and just now I redeemed a year's worth of VIP Points on the Sandcrawler for the x2 VIP points promo.

Getting the Sandcrawler was a hassle though. Went to the LEGO Store after work today, after sitting in an hour of traffic, and I get there and... no Sandcrawler sets. Keep in mind this set has always been in stock for the last 2 years. Whatever, I can order it online... sold out there, too! They're accepting backorders though, so I went ahead and paid for my set.

Now I'm caught up to the first wave of TFA sets from the fall... waiting on a lot of those overpriced sets to go on clearance.

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: March 8, 2016, 02:16 PM »
Scored the Ghost Microfighter at the Toys R Us near my work and scored the TIE Advanced Prototype Microfighter at my local WalMart.

I have not seen the Kanan Speeder Bike set anywhere yet...
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline 77Skywalker

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: March 9, 2016, 08:06 PM »
I just got and assembled the new Obi-Wan Kenobi Episode 3-style Jedi Starfighter.

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
  • 1/6 the Sith I used to be...
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: March 9, 2016, 10:20 PM »
Pulled the trigger on the Sandcrawler and Slave 1 as a birthday present to myself.  Hoping to still convince my wife that the Ewok Village and UCS TIE Fighter would make great gifts from her and the boys!  Fingers crossed...
The 60mm Sith Lord - All the hate and anger you've come to expect, now in a new conveniently sized package!

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: March 9, 2016, 11:12 PM »
Pulled the trigger on the Sandcrawler and Slave 1 as a birthday present to myself.  Hoping to still convince my wife that the Ewok Village and UCS TIE Fighter would make great gifts from her and the boys!  Fingers crossed...

The Ewok Village is an amazing set... a great display piece AND playset, which is kind of a rarity in sets that large.

Offline 77Skywalker

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: March 12, 2016, 07:47 AM »

The Ewok Village is an amazing set... a great display piece AND playset, which is kind of a rarity in sets that large.

I mainly bought only the Ewok Village for the minifigures, but it is now really just an awesome set nonetheless.  The set has many great features too.

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: March 13, 2016, 11:31 PM »
Picked up Kanan's Speederbike which was the last set I needed from this round of releases. The only store I've found this set in is Target, there is typically one set that is a shared exclusive between Lego & Target in each release cycle, so I wonder if Kanan's speederbike is it.
Peter

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
  • 1/6 the Sith I used to be...
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: March 14, 2016, 08:20 AM »
Hoping to still convince my wife that the Ewok Village and UCS TIE Fighter would make great gifts from her and the boys!  Fingers crossed...

Couldn't get her to bit on those two sets, but she did end up getting me the new Millennium Falcon instead.  Already had the last offering, but will gladly put this one next to it.
The 60mm Sith Lord - All the hate and anger you've come to expect, now in a new conveniently sized package!

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: April 4, 2016, 09:11 PM »
Been on vacation the last few days but was still able to make it to a LEGO Store to get Poe's X-Wing (along with the 1960's Mr. Freeze polybag)

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: May 1, 2016, 01:39 AM »
Stopped by the local LEGO Store for the May the 4th deals... to my shock, they had all of the sets included in the sale in stock (the store is small and doesn't have a great track record of having stuff in stock over the last year). I ended up just getting the Battle of Takodana set for $47.99, which is around what the set should cost to begin with. I also grabbed the Resistance Battle Pack for $10.50, which got me the Heavy Armor Stormtrooper promo minifigure. I debated getting the Resistance Transport for $55.99 but didn't want to spend that much cash.

TL;DR - TFA sets are overpriced.

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: May 2, 2016, 10:50 AM »
I ended up just getting the Battle of Takodana set for $47.99, which is around what the set should cost to begin with.

Amen.  In my opinion this may be the most overpriced / lamest set they've produced in years for the Star Wars line.  (I know the new mega Hoth set is giving it a run for its money.)

About the only time I pass on a <$150 set is if its a slightly updated version of a set I already have.  Some have been overpriced and I've eventually gotten most for 30% off when the value gets better, but if this set were marked down 30% I'm still not sure I would pull the trigger.
« Last Edit: May 2, 2016, 11:01 AM by Dave »

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: May 10, 2016, 04:50 PM »
Ordered the following from Lego Shop since I was out-of-town on vacation, did it during the May the 4th promo weekend so I could get double VIP points:
- Assault on Hoth UCS Set
- Poe Dameron Buildable Figure
- AT-DP Microfighter
- Rebel Alliance Battle Pack
- Galactic Empire Battle Pack

Those last four items were in a 2nd online order so I could get two of the May the 4th Polybag First Order Stormtroopers.

I didn't make it to a Toys R Us on the Saturday the 7th so I picked up the Toys R Us Millennium Falcon mini-build from an online seller.

I also pulled the trigger on the Escape the Space Slug set from an eBay seller.

Lastly, I picked up from a UK seller the April 2016 & May 2016 UK Lego Star Wars magazines so I could keep that collection going...

Peter

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: May 10, 2016, 05:57 PM »
That's quite a haul. I was honestly surprised to hear the Hoth UCS set did so well in sales, since it has the lowest rating on LEGO Shop's website.

If you don't mind me asking, Pete, how much did the Space Slug set set cost you? I had heard they were going for a few hundred dollars due to the scarcity (and $150 MSRP).