Author Topic: 2024 TVC Wave 2 (New TVC Wave 34) [Fan Channel]  (Read 1844 times)

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
Re: 2024 TVC Wave 3 (New TVC Wave 35)
« Reply #45 on: March 28, 2024, 10:27 AM »
I didn't think much of it but now that you say it, yeah maybe it's a little large looking.  I don't think it's too bad...

Thanks for the pic.  Maybe a little big, but not as bad as TVC DLX Sabine's helmet.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 28, 2024, 12:42 PM »
Totally, it's not egregious and the legs are a huge improvement over that last clone body.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2024, 12:43 PM by Rob »

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 28, 2024, 05:20 PM »
And done... Dooku just got here.  Very nice overall even though I thought we already had perfectly good Dookus.  The lightning hand is a nice touch.

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #48 on: March 28, 2024, 07:00 PM »
Thanks Rob. The helmet definitely looks a bit large, but like you say, not egregiously so.

I was going to cancel a few of mine based on that pic but it looks like Amazon will only let you cancel an entire pre-order and won't let you edit the quantity, lame. Oh well it's not so bad that I can't live with it on a few clones.
"This is the way."

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 29, 2024, 03:52 PM »
Agreed on the size of the helmet.  But I think a removable helmet will almost never look quite right since all of the AOTC troopers were digital characters - there was no need for the helmet to be functional and for an actual person to wear it.  If you look at some of the close up shots of troopers during the battle of Geonosis, it looks as if there's no way that helmet could be removed unless it split apart somehow.

But the one thing that's notably better here?  The visor on the helmet!  I don't know how Hasbro dropped the ball so badly on the phase II armor's visor.  Thankfully this looks a hell of a lot better.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #50 on: March 29, 2024, 05:46 PM »
Agreed on the size of the helmet.  But I think a removable helmet will almost never look quite right since all of the AOTC troopers were digital characters - there was no need for the helmet to be functional and for an actual person to wear it.  If you look at some of the close up shots of troopers during the battle of Geonosis, it looks as if there's no way that helmet could be removed unless it split apart somehow.

But the one thing that's notably better here?  The visor on the helmet!  I don't know how Hasbro dropped the ball so badly on the phase II armor's visor.  Thankfully this looks a hell of a lot better.

I just wish they'd commit to doing swappable heads on any figure that needs a removable helmet. That way they can get both the normal head and the helmet in scale. Swappable heads also helps keep the helmet from getting warped and distorted. With the exception of maybe the Clone Commandos and the Boba Fetts, none of the other removable helmet figures haven't had some kind of an issue.
"This is the way."