Multimedia > Jocasta's Reading Room

Star Wars The Vintage Collection Archive Edition Book - Kickstarter

(1/7) > >>

Rob:
Not sure if you guys all saw this, but incase it was interesting to any of you, it seemed worthy of a thread... the mockup pages look awesome.  The only thing I can't stand about this kind of thing is that they're incomplete after a few months... I went ahead and backed it for now so I could get the tier I wanted before they sell out... it's jumped $9,000 in the 20 minutes between when I learned about it and when I posted this...

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/bluemilk/star-wars-the-vintage-collection-archive-edition-book

Diddly:
That's pretty cool. Not sure I'd buy a visual guide of just TVC figures though. Now something that chronicled ALL Star Wars figures, though probably impossible, I'd definitely buy.

Mister Skeezler:
I don't get it though...the Vintage Collection is still ongoing (I think). Are they planning on making future editions as well?

Rob:

--- Quote from: LandotheScoundrel on June  7, 2019, 11:41 AM ---I don't get it though...the Vintage Collection is still ongoing (I think). Are they planning on making future editions as well?

--- End quote ---

Probably eventually. 

Jeff:

--- Quote from: LandotheScoundrel on June  7, 2019, 11:41 AM ---I don't get it though...the Vintage Collection is still ongoing (I think). Are they planning on making future editions as well?

--- End quote ---

From their FAQ:

Our goal is to cover every item released until the end of this year, 2019. That gives us a clean break with the 2010-2012 and 2018 & 2019 releases.

Many of the individuals who worked on the line from its inception have moved on to other projects or left Hasbro altogether, so waiting any longer to capture their stories could mean they'd be lost in time.

Additionally, each item will get a full-page treatment and we will have over 300 pages of content. Anything beyond our estimated page count would push the limit between quantity and quality. Our goal first and foremost is to deliver a premium quality book.

If the line continues into 2020 and beyond, we could potentially release a second volume picking up with the 2020 releases. If that did happen, we'd do something special for backers of this project, as a sign of our appreciation.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version