Author Topic: G.I. Joe Toys Thread  (Read 106375 times)

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #420 on: August 2, 2009, 05:57 PM »
Huh??

I got mine to plug into the hole in the back with no problem.

Took some work on mine, but I got it in there - finally.   :)

Sorry I hadn't checked in a while, but yes the modern version of that helmet is done and was up in the store.  I sold 18 copies of it right away, but there will be more restocked shortly.  Been really busy getting things ready for Con, so the painted samples that Paul promised to a few guys are still WIP.

On the plus side, I did finish my first two ROC customs for the contest at Con.  You guys will be the first to see it:

Just got to add a waterslide movie Joe logo to his chest and he's done.

That looks amazing Alyosha.  You do some truly awesome customs!  Looking forward to the Wet Suit helmet.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline spiderpumpkin

• Jedi Padawan
  • Secto-Viper
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #421 on: August 7, 2009, 04:33 AM »
Just saw Rise of Cobra.  Very cool movie.  Like one big toy commercial.  Now I want to go out and buy some GI Joe toys.  

Scarlett was my favorite character in the movie for many reasons.  

Snake Eyes was cool but those lips have to go.  

The Paris Pursuit scene was exciting except for the accelerator suits and all the fake looking computer animation as they ran around and crashed into cars.  Thought I was watching Turbo Man rolling down the street.  

I'm definitely in GI Joe mode now and really glad I registered for Joecon on the last day of per-registration.  Kansas City here I come.
« Last Edit: August 7, 2009, 04:44 AM by spiderpumpkin »

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #422 on: August 7, 2009, 11:01 AM »
M.A.R.S. TROOPER 3pack is up at HTS.  Not sure if those promo codes are still good or not though.  Hopefully this set makes it to retail someday.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline spiderpumpkin

• Jedi Padawan
  • Secto-Viper
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #423 on: August 7, 2009, 07:38 PM »
M.A.R.S. TROOPER 3pack is up at HTS.  Not sure if those promo codes are still good or not though.  Hopefully this set makes it to retail someday.

Were these troops in the movie?  I don't remember seeing them when they were at MARS areas.

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #424 on: August 8, 2009, 12:24 AM »
If there were MARS troopers they didn't look like that because I don't remember seeing them.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #425 on: August 8, 2009, 05:58 PM »
Those MARS Troopers were not in the movie unless they were in extreme background shots.  I hated the look of all the Vipers in the movie (2-3?), but it's nice to know who/what was actually in the movie now.

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #426 on: August 8, 2009, 11:04 PM »
After seeing the movie...

SPOILERS

I'd like to see an Arcitc Scarlett.  Beyond that, there were very few potential figures in the movie that aren't out there now.  I was a bit bummed not to see the Ice Vipers, since I dig them.

Offline spiderpumpkin

• Jedi Padawan
  • Secto-Viper
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #427 on: August 9, 2009, 01:36 AM »
Read about a cool Knowing is Half the Battle shirt at theterrordrome.com.  They are shipping these out 8/14 and apparently they are limited.

http://wireandtwine.com/store/products/thebattle.html

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #428 on: August 9, 2009, 10:47 AM »
That is funny. 

If the movie did not reveal any new figs to come out (I have not seen it, my free babysitters are out of town) then that could mean we get "off-screen" figs for the remainder of 2009 and 2010.  And Off-screen seems to be the best way to get 25th figs (even though they may be wearing Battle Armor).

25th Figs that are in ROC colors that are WIN WIN WIN so far...

Para-Viper
Eel with the Sled
Pit Commando (AKA Dusty)
Heavy Metal (from Target even though his name is diff)

Resolute Figs in Roc Colors that are also win:
Firefly (TRU)

Target has theRampage for $40 today(this week) and TRU has 2 figures for $9.99 again.  So take your TRU ad with you and then again to WalMart on Wednesday when they FINALLY put figs on the shelf (in my area anyway).

I am going to finish out my Ice Viper squad (12).

Locally I picked up: Snow Snake Eyes, Accel Suit Duke, Reactive Armor Stalker/Ripcord, Rex and Baroness.

I got packages from Hong Kong this week.  Snake Armor, Kmart 4 pack and TRU Officer's 3 packs.  All good in my opinion.  The Duke head cast in skin tones is SO much better than the painted one, it actually makes me like the figure.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #429 on: August 10, 2009, 01:12 PM »
I didn't get a chance to see the movie this weekend (hopefully this upcoming weekend), but I was curious - how much of what is out there on pegs/shelves is actually part of the movie?  Any Joe/Cobra characters showing up other than the ones we've seen in the ads (Duke/SE/Heavy Duty/Scarlett/Breaker/Hawk, CC/Destro/Baroness/Zartan/etc.)?  I guess this might be spoilery for some people, but I was curious if there were any other Joe cameos - or which vehicles and Cobra troops actually appear in the movie?
« Last Edit: August 10, 2009, 03:17 PM by Brian »

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #430 on: August 10, 2009, 04:59 PM »
I did not see the movie yet but I am definitely not collecting the movie figures like I did the classics/Resolute. I will continue to pick up the occasional ROC figure, all classic 25th & Resolute. While I do think Hasbro did a great job on them they just do not do it for me overall. I like Helix and I am looking very forward to the upcoming Resolute Roadblock with the building. It's nice to see Joe back this strong but it's nicer to not be concerned with collecting the line like was on Joe 25th.

Paul, I agree on the "made up" movie characters, they look way better than the originals especially the Paraviper. That figure is badass!
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #431 on: August 10, 2009, 06:31 PM »
What's the story with those other Resolute figures (like Snake Eyes, etc.)?  Are they still on the way, or have we heard either way?  I never got around to getting Duke/CC/Cobra Trooper, but might have to pick those up if we're getting more.  I really liked that Resolute movie (and hope we get a series like that eventually).

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #432 on: August 10, 2009, 06:53 PM »
SPOILERS so don't read.

I didn't get a chance to see the movie this weekend (hopefully this upcoming weekend), but I was curious - how much of what is out there on pegs/shelves is actually part of the movie?

Shipwreck, Stupid looking Viper repaints, Ice Viper -  Helix & Flash (video game figs)  Any 25th repaint should be an easy answer - NO.  I think that's about it that's on pegs as of now that aren't in the movie.  Didn't see any of the figures included with the vehicles in the movie either.

I guess this might be spoilery for some people, but I was curious if there were any other Joe cameos - or which vehicles and Cobra troops actually appear in the movie?

Jinx - or who is said to be Jinx is the only "cameo"

Cobra Troops:

Only 2 versions of the Viper were shown - and they're on pegs.  The new Eel could have been in there, but not sure.

Hasbro Vehicles (in order of appearance):
Dragonhawk
Cobra Gunship
R.H.I.N.O. is referred to but not in the movie
Pit - not a vehicle
Mole Pod
Cobra Humvee - forgot name
Night Raven - they make a big deal out of this in the movie
Joe Ice Sled - forgot name

Should be some Joe & Cobra subs coming soon.  Played a good part towards the end.  Other than the subs, there was a Joe Gunship thing, but that's pretty much it beyond some standard military vehicles.  Would have thought they'd flood this movie with vehicles, but that wasn't the case.  There's really nothing in this movie that got me excited to go out and buy a bunch of toys.  In fact I actually returned a few figures after I saw the movie.  Just don't need to go this route.  I'm not knocking the movie though - it's worth seeing.

« Last Edit: August 11, 2009, 12:31 PM by iFett »

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #433 on: August 10, 2009, 07:24 PM »
Resolute Snake Eyes is coming out as "City Strike" Snake Eyes, only in different colors than early seen in those prototypes.

Baroness has not been seen yet.

I'm not sure about any other Resolute figures.  The QnA's claim that any announcements about that will be made at the Convention next week.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #434 on: August 10, 2009, 08:43 PM »
Aaaaack.  Picked up the Night Raven on the way home at TRU.  $10 giftcard with any $30 purchase + adding points to my rewards card.  Couldn't resist.  They also have the 2 for $10 thing again on figs, but I'm not biting.